Toggle suppression for HEATs is now on the beta, Brainstorm, server

1 hour ago, Timeshadow said:

Interesting. This might actually convince me to take the shields on my Khelds. I've been ignoring them for years (Even before perma-T9s were possible).

I always take them as Mules., but now It may give me a reason to get Orbiting Death and Shadow Cloak on my WS.....maybe.

4 hours ago, Ohsirus said:

I always take them as Mules., but now It may give me a reason to get Orbiting Death and Shadow Cloak on my WS.....maybe.

I always take Shadow Cloak as a LotG mule but I've never gotten any value out of Orbiting Death. I'm rarely in human form for more than a second to re-buff, make a pet, or blast out some controls here and there. 

6 hours ago, Ohsirus said:

Yay, now when I shift from Nova to Human I won't fall out the air.

BTW, you can do this now with binds but it requires a double press on the key. One to drop Nova and another to activate whatever flight toggle you're using. 

You wanna play Peacebringer?😒  Fine, but at least check out this guide first: Peacebringers STILL SUCK!!! (v. 1.1)

19 hours ago, Timeshadow said:

I always take Shadow Cloak as a LotG mule but I've never gotten any value out of Orbiting Death. I'm rarely in human form for more than a second to re-buff, make a pet, or blast out some controls here and there.

Should have said use Shadow Cloak as I have it as a mule also. I saw they added the costume fade option for it.

• 2 weeks later

this is a long time coming.. for all of us who have been asking for this years before shut down.. this is great.. cant wait to test!!!

IRON ASCENSION - ALL HUMAN PB

IRON-WIDOW - WIDOW

IRON BLADE - PSI/NINJA BLASTER

IRON RAIN - WATER/MA BLASTER

I have been working on some Kheldian builds with this change in mind. Normally I use the toggles as slot mules and I still did but I added either a def/end or a res/end to each toggle so I could leave them on for some benefit and less endurance cost. In human form before Vengeance I have around 33% to each positional defense type and after I have incarnate level defense over 54%. This will make it a lot easier for my warshade to use Eclipse as I can just pop a purple insp before hand or find a vengeance bait. I am excited for these changes. 

<Witch> of Everlasting

<Mythical Creature> of Excelsior
Global Name: @Mythical Creature
"Monsters are real and they look like people." - Unknown

On 8/13/2022 at 9:57 AM, Generator said:

Is this having a significant impact on any Kheldians' builds?  Like, I know @Doomriderhas one build in his thread that was predicated on this sort of change happening.  Has anyone used the opportunity to try something really different?

It's impact on builds will largely be playstyle dependent so it will vary a lot depending on who you ask. A couple notable improvements I've experienced:

- Availability for Human only builds to now take advantage of double mire (via dwarf mire) and by proxy get a second aoe you can fire on a regular interval.
- Combat Jumping no longer de-toggling is a small QoL but ensures we're never immob'd when we shift to human.
- Having Inky Aspect tick when you drop to trigger Sunless is nice added mitigation, particularly if you open with Gravitic first as all mobs will be stunned (even bosses) while you mire.
- Not having to re-toggle OD + Inky on being mez'd is the biggest improvement I'd say. Pop that break free and keep blasting.

Fitting toggles in, in the first place is still just as difficult, but not as impossible as some would make it seem.

I don't think stacking defense toggles from power pools is the way to go as much as that might now seem appealing, at least for solo play.
Might feel impactful against factions like Council, but we never needed much help against them anyway. It's the harder factions that take that investment in Defense and shred it to ribbons w/ defense debuffs,  so at best, at least for harder content, it still acts as training wheels.
Still better off going full offense and bursting mobs down then relying on passive defenses, IMO.

Edited by Doomrider
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This might be a bit of a dumb thing… but the change helps Shades significantly more, right?

On my tri-PB I exemp a lot, my shields are mules only really, but I guess it might help for those times I’m smashing out a Solar Flare between changes for a few seconds… I dunno… I like that I can remain in flight mode - just thematically - but maybe I need to re-fiddle the build so I have more def so I have a reason to run those toggle..

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

So, I recently respec'd my TriForm PB to see if I could build something more balanced in terms of survivability than the usual Perma-Light Form setup. As part of that project, I picked up all three shields (Which I've avoided for years in favor of just switching to Dwarf when I need to). Slotting is definitely an issue. I've got them three slotted with Impervium Armor, two pieces for the +Recovery bonus and one for the 6% Psi Resist. I also managed to get 32.75% Smashing/Lethal Defense so there's some layering going on. 

Overall, it's a solid build that will be so much easier to play when toggle suppression goes live. It's doable now with some good binds but being able to drop a form and have the effects from my human toggles instantly snap back into place is gonna be great.  

You wanna play Peacebringer?😒  Fine, but at least check out this guide first: Peacebringers STILL SUCK!!! (v. 1.1)