Triage Beacon / Spirit Tree

JayboH

22 hours ago, Guffnat said:

I wish tree of life would just follow you around like the t9 and triage beacon could be hovering around you like a targeting drone.

Yeah that's the opposite of what I would like, I want it to be droppable.  That gives it a flavor.  It really wouldn't make sense as far as the Tree is concerned anyway.  I guess the closest thing to what you are talking about is perhaps the Pain Domination toggle but that's smaller AOE and it is a heal (not regen) unless you are in pvp.

• Thumbs Left 1

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

• 1 year later
On 7/14/2022 at 8:48 PM, oedipus_tex said:

I always wished Triage Beacon had an absolutely huge area of effect. And that somehow if you died, you teleported back to where you placed it.

Or even better, have it auto rez anyone who dies within its range while it's running, including the caster.

• Thumbs Left 1

On 7/14/2022 at 2:02 AM, JayboH said:

Would love to see these two abilities become better.  The recharge is crazy on these.  I know, the sets they are in already have their strengths.  Triage Beacon and Spirit Tree are basically the same power outside of graphics.

I would love to see the regen boost strength stay the same but have the recharge cut in half if not more.

Other suggestions in the past was to add recovery to it as well, but that is likely over the top as far as Plant goes, and maybe not as crazy on Traps.

I think my main desire is to just have it available every fight or every other fight, non-stackable from the same caster.  300% regen is nothing to sneeze at for a 40 ft radius (enhanced, defender values on Triage.)  I would rather have a droppable click than a toggle as it is now, location-based rather than an aura, etc. 

Triage Beacon's visuals really don't match well with the rest of the set.  It looks like it was ripped out of some mystical Egyptian technology.  I'd rather it be more militaristic / scientific like the rest.  EDIT:  Spirit Tree is gorgeous as-is.

Make it a sphere that rolls around and plays music while it heals….wait a minute.

Jokes aside having it be mobile would be neat without reducing the recharge time. 

23 hours ago, JayboH said:

The recharge time is the main issue to me

Having it be mobile would solve needing to place it every single fight meaning its current recharge should be fine. Cause its recharge is too high for speedruns clearing mobs quickly but low enough that being perma would be possible given it moved. 

Edit: oh I see before that you specifically like it being droppable.

Edited by DemonSeed

23 hours ago, JayboH said:

The recharge time is the main issue to me

First time seeing this thread, but the recharge isn't that bad.  Any more and it is too OP. 

It's base recharge is 200s and lasts for 90s.  With max recharge, you can get that down to 40s.  That allows you (1 character) to have 2 out at once and doubling the regen buff (it does stack on itself from same caster).  Now, not everyone gets max recharge, but even my Traps Defender with Beacon recharge down to 62s can double stack them for ~30s.  When I cast Ageless, Beacon goes down to 50s Recharge with 40s of overlap, and if the battle still goes on, I am basically having 2 out perma - as one drops, I cast another to stack. 

Reducing the base recharge any more would allow for triple stacks, and that is WAY OP.  They would then have to also reduce the duration, and that is not beneficial either.  

So, the current recharge on the Beacon is fine, in my opinion.  

People always talk about double stacking with these and have to say I don't get it.  Maybe outside of farming or the rare AV fight when are you staying put for the 40+ seconds to double stack it?  To me those are edge cases, not common.

Even by mid levels mobs are disintegrated a lot faster than 40 seconds usually and the team is moving on and it is left behind.

Regardless, solution to me has always been to half the recharge AND half the duration.  Makes it more likely to be available every fight and if the fight drags on long enough you'd still be able to double stack for a bit.

Biggest downside of that would probably be the cast time would become more of an issue, so speed that up a bit too.

Just because current teams can eat missions whole does not mean a power needs to be made to match that. Spirit Tree and Triage Beacon are fine. They serve their purpose. And if your team is devouring the opposition so fast that you think Spirit Tree or Triage Beacon are less than useful, then I have to wonder why you need to boost them since the team obviously doesn't need them.

2 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Just because current teams can eat missions whole does not mean a power needs to be made to match that. Spirit Tree and Triage Beacon are fine. They serve their purpose. And if your team is devouring the opposition so fast that you think Spirit Tree or Triage Beacon are less than useful, then I have to wonder why you need to boost them since the team obviously doesn't need them.

Just calculated it for myself and actually even with max recharge slotted and enough global recharge for perma hasten it is about 53 second recharge.  A more 'average' build and you're probably looking at more like 75 seconds.  A team doesn't need to be 'devouring' anything to go through one group of mobs in a lot less than those times.  I think I could roll up a 1st level controller solo to take out a group a lot faster than that.

Anyway, as stated by someone near the beginning of this thread, their farmer was the one most benefiting from the way it currently is.  I'd say that isn't ideal for a power either.

Technically I'm not even asking for a 'boost' as I'd say keep the uptime and downtime ratio the same, just shorten both so it is a bit faster to 'reposition it' basically, nothing more.

1 hour ago, Riverdusk said:

Even by mid levels mobs are disintegrated a lot faster than 40 seconds usually and the team is moving on and it is left behind.

Originally the gun turret for blasters devices was stationary. But very early on they discovered that long recast time abilities rooted in place weren't really how the game is played ....

So they updated the auto turret to move around with the blaster like a pet.

I think they just need to do this with some abilities. Make the tree and beacon just move around with the player. Problem solved and it becomes a weaker healing aura pet that can be killed.

Just calculated it for myself and actually even with max recharge slotted and enough global recharge for perma hasten it is about 53 second recharge.  A more 'average' build and you're probably looking at more like 75 seconds.  A team doesn't need to be 'devouring' anything to go through one group of mobs in a lot less than those times.  I think I could roll up a 1st level controller solo to take out a group a lot faster than that.

Anyway, as stated by someone near the beginning of this thread, their farmer was the one most benefiting from the way it currently is.  I'd say that isn't ideal for a power either.

Technically I'm not even asking for a 'boost' as I'd say keep the uptime and downtime ratio the same, just shorten both so it is a bit faster to 'reposition it' basically, nothing more.

I checked my Mercenaries/Traps MM. Triage Beacon has a 95.15 second recharge with a 90 second duration, and I don't build for recharge focus on my characters. And yet, when I need it? It is there, ready to be used. Considering Triage Beacon is in a set with Force Field Generator (+DEF (ALL)), Acid Mortar (Toxic damage, -DEF, -RES), Seeker Drones (Disorient, -DAM, -ToHit, and -Perception), and Poison Trap (Mag 3 AoE hold, -Regen', -Recharge), I don't understand why it needs to be buffed.

My Plant Control Dominator? Has Spirit Tree at a 86.48 second recharge, and it is supplemented by Seeds of Confusion on a 24.25 second recharge enhanced up to a 88.47 second duration, among all the rest of the set. So I still don't see the need for improving Spirit Tree either.

I don't use Hasten. I don't focus on recharge. And I still don't understand the call to improve either considering the array of tools those sets have to go with those 2 powers.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct "duration" to "recharge".

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Riverdusk said:

You are asking for it to be usable more often. That is a boost/buff.

36 minutes ago, Riverdusk said:

With an equally shorter duration.  But whatever you say.  If that is a 'buff' then yes, I'd like to see it.

That just means you can't triple stack it. You can still use it in more fights at more locations.