Bad juju lately

Yomo Kimyata

I've been seeing a lot of pretty negative energy lately on these boards.

I think that it's time that everyone came together and teamed up against the common enemy -- the ebil marketeer.

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
Redundant redundancy
  • Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?

Thought experiment.

Start with your thousands of rare salvage as a buffer. Creep bid up buying out all the current postings below 999,998 and add to you stash. Repost them (as many as you can manage) at 999,999.  Put in tens of thousands of more bids to buy at 999,998. Relist everything at 999,999. Yes, you lose your market fee on every transaction. But! Wentworth's Rule Number Zero: People are Dumb. Many will bid over a million trying to make sure they get a buy. I promise they will. A lot will. Maybe enough to cover your market fees! :O 

Edt: I Double Dog Dare you to Do this for a Day. 

Edited by Andreah
To add Double Dog Dare.

For quite some time, someone(s) has been doing exactly that with yellow salvage.  Bidding massive quantities at 1,001 and flipping it at 1,002.  I presume that it’s meant to be a fast way to get the Power Seller badge on a bunch of characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

The problem with dealing with salvage is it is seeded. It would require more clicking than I want to suffer with. Further, it disturbs our own kind, the marketer, and the players savvy enough to realize crafting is cheaper than buying the IO "now". 

True disruption would be to join forces and just buy everything. Leave no uncommon or rare IO in the AH. Literally buy them all. It would take a long time for one player, but for a dozen focused marketers, buying all of them and placing 10M bids for each one that subsequently is placed for sale...how long would be be able to sustain it, and what would the reaction from the player base be? 

I often sat upon my big stacks considering buying every pvp recipe in the AH, regardless of the cost. And over-bidding for subsequent listings to ensure I had all the new listings so that the only way to get them would be to buy the ones in place, or use merits to get them. But, inf in the hand is worth 2inf in the bush, right? 

looney-tunes-speedy-gonzales.gif

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

25 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I often sat upon my big stacks considering buying every pvp recipe in the AH, regardless of the cost. And over-bidding for subsequent listings to ensure I had all the new listings so that the only way to get them would be to buy the ones in place, or use merits to get them. But, inf in the hand is worth 2inf in the bush, right? 

This is also an interesting plan. It might push the going price for PVP IO's up over the Merits+Crafting equivalent in Inf. Again, because many people are dumb/lazy, and would pay it because merits are hard, or they didn't know, or something.

There's a convenience and time factor to getting something ready to slot now.  But that varies by individual the closer you get to merit "cap" price the more you lose but the last few stubborn (or lazy & rich) folks might pay slightly above merit value for the convenience of NAO.

4 minutes ago, Ukase said:

They temporarily closed the thread. Now what do I do? 

I know!  And I just finished a round of testing under different parameters.  Though I need to check the methodology and probably need to run a few more times to check results.   Right now I have AE producing 2x influence for same effort/time not taking in consideration selling drops.  Mission from AE & outside AE showed about the same drop rate, so for comparison, drops can probably be ignored.

Repeated this a couple times:

Council Mission in PI that took about 15 minutes

Ran fifteen minutes of AE Mission #50311

Last time I ran, each had about 160 kills, so I think the EBs in the AE boosted the inf the most.

Neither would be suitable for an AFK run

I'm just going to buy as much Legacy salvage as I can right now for NO REASON AT ALL.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

10 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Oh sweet jeff bridges, is this going to be the new 40 page bitch fest?  Re open the old post!

I've never tasted Jeff Bridges. 
But, with that unsavory notion aside, no, I don't think so. The writing is on the wall, and I will take the change from no incarnate progress/vet rewards in AE to the no emp to reward merit conversion as a small victory. 

It should drive up converter prices, so consider that as a likely effect. But, it could be shortlived. Some folks will find other things to do. But some will either quit, or quit doing incarnate stuff. 

Saw someone with an extra zero - 710k for the last 5 converters... 

But, it doesn't make sense to me that folks would dump converters ahead of page 4. Yes, I can understand converting the emps to reward merits now. But the reward merit to converter isn't going anywhere. May as well keep the reward merits, and if you have too many - convert to hero/villain merits. No cost in doing that, except time. Then convert to converters when you're running low. 

Edited by Ukase