Another inf sink idea...

Ukase

It's no secret that the 2xp from p2w is being adjusted to actually giving 2xp instead of 3xp. 

How about a 3xp buff available at a high cost? 10M or so, maybe 25M. 
A 5xp for 100M

So, here's the advantages: 
Quicker PL to 50, which means less strain from farming in AE 
Less influence in the economy

The only con I can think of: 

The same players who get to 50 and don't know how to get to PI or Cim. still don't know how to get to PI or Cim. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would say that x2 should be expensive as well but its probably waaay too late for that.  I get that the transact4victory stuff is mostly inexpensive and was made available so that the whole game was free to play,  but my opinion is that the amplifiers and 2x should always be the cost of a lvl 50 amplifier.  It would make using 2x a decision instead of being nearly automatic.

5x im thinking would be almost pointless.  People can farm up a lvl 50 in under 2 hours,  5x would let them do it in under 40 minutes.  Im sure there are several people that could do it even faster.  At that point it may as well be purchase xp with inf.  10 inf = 1xp,  100?  1000?  I dunno.  I would prefer an inf sink for something other than earning xp faster but thats difficult when there is nothing else players want in large quantities.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

I still say you have to lvl a 50 first then AE will unlock.

Then what you'll see is people being PL'd via PI radios or other such content, then moving to AE.  You're not really solving the "problem", you're just adding an additional step...

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, biostem said:

Then what you'll see is people being PL'd via PI radios or other such content, then moving to AE.  You're not really solving the "problem", you're just adding an additional step...

Sorta like removing the AE buildings from Atlas and Mercy? 😉

• Haha 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

How about:  every unit of xp *costs* you a certain amount of inf in real time.  So not only are you not earning inf, but it's quietly eating your reserves until you realize that you've been grinding for an hour but didn't realize you ran out of money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?

6 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

How about:  every unit of xp *costs* you a certain amount of inf in real time.  So not only are you not earning inf, but it's quietly eating your reserves until you realize that you've been grinding for an hour but didn't realize you ran out of money.

I realize this was most likely meant tongue-in-cheek, but people would just send inf to an alt, or just leave it sitting in an email, then transfer it back when done.

4 minutes ago, biostem said:

I realize this was most likely meant tongue-in-cheek, but people would just send inf to an alt, or just leave it sitting in an email, then transfer it back when done.

No no, I mean it only works when you have inf to burn!  So you have 10mm in inf and when it runs out you either have to get more or the xp bonus disappears.  I guess then you would default to regular xp and regular inf until you reactivated it when you had some inf banked up.  But the intention would be that if you had no inf to burn, you don't get the bonus xp,

Who run Bartertown?

4 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

No no, I mean it only works when you have inf to burn!  So you have 10mm in inf and when it runs out you either have to get more or the xp bonus disappears.  I guess then you would default to regular xp and regular inf until you reactivated it when you had some inf banked up.  But the intention would be that if you had no inf to burn, you don't get the bonus xp,

Depending upon the rate of drain, I suppose this could work, or it would just be ignored entirely.

• Like 2

This idea I hate. If you’re starting to pay for (x) amount of XP you may as will charge for a free 1-50 token that can be emailed to any of your toons. 

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

On 8/17/2022 at 3:27 PM, ShardWarrior said:

As I recall, the "official" response was not to have items in the P2W store with exorbitant prices because all that does is drive players to gold farmers.

Omg shard… do… do we actually agree on something?

• Thumbs Down 1

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Gear Fox (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Brainwasher (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute)