Convert Emp Merits or Astrals to Prisms

Voltor

Say, 10 Emps = 1 prism but to slow the roll on those that want to PL farm disposable alts again for the emps,  a max of 10 conversions per alt per week.

Or  10 Astrals = 1 Prism, max of 10 conversions per alt per week.  Thus encouraging more to run the iTrials.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

25 alts with all the badges!

I don't see an Emp->Aether conversion happening because that would be the same thing as the Emp->Reward Merit the devs just removed.

I don't see a problem with being able to buy costumes with Emp merits though.

• Like 2

What this team needs is more Defenders

7 hours ago, Psyonico said:

I don't see an Emp->Aether conversion happening because that would be the same thing as the Emp->Reward Merit the devs just removed.

I agree; direct conversion of emp merits to any currency that's tradeable outside your account is almost certainly going to be a hard pass after the removal of emps to reward merits.

• Like 3

Allowing Emp -> Prism would be a severe slap in the Emp->Reward people's face...

Farmers would be allowed to farm costumes like crazy? Or the currency for it and make huge profits?

Tbh, at this point I'm tempted to plead with the Devs to

- either allow Emps to become fully tradeable (because their purpose has become meh outside T3/T4 Incarnating and there is only some much Emps you need for that) and maybe limit how you can get them

- or make Emps completely Toon-bound to stop the "slot your new freshly farmed toon to T4" and make them more widely available through any type of content (mission arcs, ...)

Some people still seem to think we'll get new Incarnate Stuff that will cost Emps... I really don't think this will ever happen... new stuff is always hidden behind new currencies (every game out there in the world)... and also the reason why Emp -> Prism is highly unlikely to ever happen... just like buying costumes with Emps is highly unlikely... it would open a ginormous can of worms... 😉

Hugs

I believe the value of prismatics at the AH will dramatically drop over time, its like how full a new restaurant gets for the first few weeks, and after that they are not special.

Lets agree that prismatics only use is to buy costumes, sure you do not need a slot, but all it is a permanent Halloween costume after all; its not like you can go to the tailor and uses components of the prismatic gained costume.

So in the end, in a few months, the value of prismatics are going to reflect their lame utility. They will probably drop to 100,000 or even less influence, they are not as useful as yellow or orange salvage, and certainly can't hold a candle to emps needed to build those T4s, and merits if properly used can net a lot of influence while also being saved to by IOs for new characters.

The only reason, I bother with them, is for the badges for my one badge collector alt and I can wait till they drop in price to buy, or as I do itrials and weeklies with my 40 alts, I can get the prismatics and never need to buy the prismatics anyway. Lastly, I am not that excited about a costume I can get free during Halloween.

Hugs

Sue

On 9/1/2022 at 8:17 AM, Spectral said:

Allowing Emp -> Prism would be a severe slap in the Emp->Reward people's face...

Farmers would be allowed to farm costumes like crazy? Or the currency for it and make huge profits?

Tbh, at this point I'm tempted to plead with the Devs to

- either allow Emps to become fully tradeable (because their purpose has become meh outside T3/T4 Incarnating and there is only some much Emps you need for that) and maybe limit how you can get them

- or make Emps completely Toon-bound to stop the "slot your new freshly farmed toon to T4" and make them more widely available through any type of content (mission arcs, ...)

Some people still seem to think we'll get new Incarnate Stuff that will cost Emps... I really don't think this will ever happen... new stuff is always hidden behind new currencies (every game out there in the world)... and also the reason why Emp -> Prism is highly unlikely to ever happen... just like buying costumes with Emps is highly unlikely... it would open a ginormous can of worms... 😉

Yeah for the bolded part it would be . . . weird if they just allowed folks to get the new Incarnate abilities on day one. It would completely negate the point of running the new trials.

What I would suggest though is a combo of Emps and the New currency. That might be better, so that EMPs don't just sit there on characters who no longer have a use for them.

Edited by golstat2003

14 hours ago, MsSmart said:

The only reason, I bother with them, is for the badges for my one badge collector alt and I can wait till they drop in price to buy, or as I do itrials and weeklies with my 40 alts, I can get the prismatics and never need to buy the prismatics anyway. Lastly, I am not that excited about a costume I can get free during Halloween.

Pretty much this. If I get any I sell them. Other than that I too have zero interest in this new currency (and I've long stopped caring about those particular costumes)