Just wondering if anyone else had noticed .......

Harl

Recently, my PSU was on its last legs.  To drag out the poor devils life for a few extra days (and waiting for Amazon to finally deliver the new PSU) I downloaded MSI afterburner to monitor the sweltering heat generated by the failing PSU (I apologise in advance Greenland I didnt think it would melt your Glacier) to try and stop my PC from shutting down (yes, yes it was foolish.  No need to reply post about it).

One thing I did notice, with both the old PSU and now the new, is that my PC temp went up a lot when near to a SG Base Portal, even on normal graphic settings.  Is my GTX 980 chasing down my old PSU to Silicon Valley graveyard or as anyone else noticed this as well.  Temp is fine anywhere else in the game

• Thumbs Up 1

Base portals have a lot of particle effects. Your GTX 980 should be able to handle it no problem, but it's still going to have to work at it.

You can dial down the amount of allowed particle effects in options. This will increase your FPS in combat and around base portals and it will decrease how hard your GPU has to work.

• Thumbs Up 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

3 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Base portals have a lot of particle effects. Your GTX 980 should be able to handle it no problem, but it's still going to have to work at it.

You can dial down the amount of allowed particle effects in options. This will increase your FPS in combat and around base portals and it will decrease how hard your GPU has to work.

Nerd...

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

3 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Nerd...

You're at your computer, at work, chatting with people on a forum about a Superhero MMO.

Pot, come in. This is Kettle. Over.

• Haha 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

4 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

You're at your computer, at work, chatting with people on a forum about a Superhero MMO.

Pot, come in. This is Kettle. Over.

I'm on my phone, at work, terrorizing my employees. Calling people super nerds on a forum about a superhero mmo.

Fixed. It. For you....nerd.😉

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

5 hours ago, Harl said:

Thanks for the info chaps.   Due to the fuel crisis in Europe its probably costing me £ 65.00 extra in electricity just be going near a portal.  If Tesla had only finished his free energy Warden Tower.

Have you considered a pedal bike and an inverter?  (I'm surprised they haven't mass-converted all exercise bikes and treadmills to do this, at this point)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

Lmfao

Weird dude also left me a thumbs-down on a followup post of a Crabbermind build I use where I explained I didn't include a MIDS link, partially because I don't use MIDS and also FFS how lazy are Destined One candidates these days!

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, tidge said:

Weird dude also left me a thumbs-down on a followup post of a Crabbermind build I use where I explained I didn't include a MIDS link, partially because I don't use MIDS and also FFS how lazy are Destined One candidates these days!

Some people just don't get humor on the interwebs...its usually cranial constipation. 

5 minutes ago, Harl said:

Tofu burning 

I'd burn tofu just on principle. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

21 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

I'd burn tofu just on principle. 

Arachnos welcomes tofu-eaters, free from prejudice. 

Throw away the shackles of Paragon City!

Discard your petty grudges. 

Join Arachnos for appropriately cooked tofu. 

• Thumbs Up 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

1 hour ago, Gulbasaur said:

Arachnos welcomes tofu-eaters, free from prejudice. 

Throw away the shackles of Paragon City!

Discard your petty grudges. 

Join Arachnos for appropriately cooked tofu. 

I'm going to say Arachnos food is alot like a boot camp chow hall but, with extra additives like muscle enhancers, genetic modifiers, etc. Nothing says yummy than turning into a cyborg spider.