No Hosp/Base Setting

Spot

Can a no hosp/base option be added to the ITF4* challenge mode?  Right now, you can only disable wakeys and temp power rez.  Mabye if everyone on map wipes or mission has completed can the option appear?

Edit: I forgot to mention an option to disable accolades.  Let's try to get to only powers, enhancements, and incarnates please.

Edited by Spot
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

I think I'd prefer "No 'No hosp/base setting'," personally.

There's challenge, and then there's just intentional annoyance.

• Thumbs Up 4

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

There is also a way to not hosp or go to your base if you are defeated. You don't click the button. I know several players that moved the hospital window out of the way somewhere so it does not fill their main view area while defeated. Then they just wait for a teammate to rez them.

Edit: Sorry, but this request reads like the author wants the option to not have the option to hosp. So (s)he is asking for less options in the name of more options. Which makes my head hurt....

Edited by Rudra
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Spot said:

Can a no hosp/base option be added to the ITF4* challenge mode?  Right now, you can only disable wakeys and temp power rez.  Mabye if everyone on map wipes or mission has completed can the option appear?

I could see this ending well poorly.  Denying spots on the team to anyone who doesn't have a rez in their primary or secondary, leaders refusing to run the *F without rezzing defenders/controllers/corruptors on the team, one dude trapping seven teammates in the *F (all of it, not just one mission, and despite not having an ally/group rez himself) while he tries to solo everything and bitching when they quit one by one...

Hell, I say do it.  The drama would be incredible.

• Haha 3

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

You can say the same thing about every other setting.  If you don't want insps just don't use them.  If you don't want temp powers just don't use them.  So why can we have a setting for the others but not for hosp/base rez?  I prefer to include the playerbase and meet knew people in pugs.  Therefore, I need the settings as team leader to disable these options like I would insps or temp powers.  If we keep it the way it is this will alienate the playerbase since I countinuously hear ticked off vets on my teams trying to help the playerbase improve.  Simple things like skipping base/hosp rez is bigger than you think in developing skill sets, just like not using insps and temp powers.

• Thumbs Down 3

13 minutes ago, Spot said:

If we keep it the way it is this will alienate the playerbase since I countinuously hear ticked off vets on my teams trying to help the playerbase improve. 

Huh? You hear ticked off vets about being able to hosp/base port? And the vets are ticked off that they are helping players improve?!

14 minutes ago, Spot said:

Simple things like skipping base/hosp rez is bigger than you think in developing skill sets, just like not using insps and temp powers.

For what? If a player is defeated, and the player goes to the hospital or their base to recover, how is that working against developing their skills? If you don't want players going to the hospital or their base upon defeat, simply tell them so. Most players are fine with doing as asked. Seriously though, what skill sets are not being developed because someone uses the hospital button?! (For that matter, how is using inspirations preventing a player from developing their skills?!)

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Huh? You hear ticked off vets about being able to hosp/base port? And the vets are ticked off that they are helping players improve?!

For what? If a player is defeated, and the player goes to the hospital or their base to recover, how is that working against developing their skills? If you don't want players going to the hospital or their base upon defeat, simply tell them so. Most players are fine with doing as asked. Seriously though, what skill sets are not being developed because someone uses the hospital button?! (For that matter, how is using inspirations preventing a player from developing their skills?!)

Start relying on your teammates than a hosp button, what else needs to be said?

• Thumbs Down 4

That is not a skill set, and that is easily asked. On the occasions I team with others and I go to rez someone only to find they've hosp'ed before my power finishes animating? I ask them to give me time to rez them next time and they do. No reason for anyone to be ticked. And if all you want to do is get them to rely on their teammates more, then forcibly taking away their ability to hosp is just going to get word spread to not team with you. Which seems to be counter to what you want.

There is a difference between teaching a player to be better and requiring them to stay put and rely on someone else to rez them. Especially given how often rezzers may not actually be able to do so because they either just rezzed someone else or they are buried under threats and don't have time to devote to the long wind up rez as opposed to the faster heals.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Rudra said:

That is not a skill set, and that is easily asked. On the occasions I team with others and I go to rez someone only to find they've hosp'ed before my power finishes animating? I ask them to give me time to rez them next time and they do. No reason for anyone to be ticked. And if all you want to do is get them to rely on their teammates more, then forcibly taking away their ability to hosp is just going to get word spread to not team with you. Which seems to be counter to what you want.

There is a difference between teaching a player to be better and requiring them to stay put and rely on someone else to rez them. Especially given how often rezzers may not actually be able to do so because they either just rezzed someone else or they are buried under threats and don't have time to devote to the long wind up rez as opposed to the faster heals.

Why have disable temp powers, insps, and so on then?  Letting people play challenge modes isn't going to scare anyone away that likes a challenge.

Surprising anyone with the inability to go to the hospital when you could have just asked will. This is talking about taking away a core function of the game. Playing without temp powers? Who cares. Playing without inspirations? Who cares. Playing without enhancements? Okay, that hurts. Not being able to just go to the hospital when defeated because someone else thinks you shouldn't? And that being forced upon the player rather than just being asked?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Surprising anyone with the inability to go to the hospital when you could have just asked will. This is talking about taking away a core function of the game. Playing without temp powers? Who cares. Playing without inspirations? Who cares. Playing without enhancements? Okay, that hurts. Not being able to just go to the hospital when defeated because someone else thinks you shouldn't? And that being forced upon the player rather than just being asked?

That's fine you don't have to select the option.

Let's put it another way. Not using enhancements, inspirations, or temporary powers imposes difficulty on completing the mission. Taking away the ability to use the hospital or base imposes a punishment for being defeated. Does it make sense now? The others apply while you are alive and able to fight. The no hosp applies after you have been defeated. That is not a challenge setting. It is punishment.

2 minutes ago, Spot said:

You now understand why it needs to be disabled.

Huh? So you want to punish players for being defeated?! THAT is what this is about?!

Edit: What server are you on? I want to make sure I never team with you.

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Spot said:

! don't want people to die, I want people to play together.  A lot of people find challenge as fun.

This isn't challenge, this is just plain masochistic. If you don't wish to use the hosp/base when you're defeated, then don't. But wtf is your team supposed to do if you all wipe and no one has a self-rez?

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

29 minutes ago, Spot said:
31 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Huh? So you want to punish players for being defeated?! THAT is what this is about?!

! don't want people to die, I want people to play together.  A lot of people find challenge as fun.

Just now, TygerDarkstorm said:

This isn't challenge, this is just plain masochistic. If you don't wish to use the hosp/base when you're defeated, then don't. But wtf is your team supposed to do if you all wipe and no one has a self-rez?

Obviously, quit and never team with the leader again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Spot said:

I want people to play together.

You want people to play together as long as they conform to specific team configurations.  No-one's going to use that setting and not require every team member to have a self rez power, and at least one team member have an ally/group rez.  That means no Trick Arrows, no Force Fields, no this and no that.  That's discriminatory and exclusionary, and that's not what this game is about.  It's never been what this game is about.  It never will be what this game is about.

We don't do that here.  Period.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I just don't deem this as necessary. If you're playing at that high of a level, everyone should understand when it's appropriate to hosp. I say that having done multiple 4*'s. If teammates are dying, hosping immediately, and jumping back in to die again, it's just dispersing the team and limiting progress.

And especially if you're speedrunning, a poorly-timed hosp can cost loads of time.

If anything, having to run back after hosping is the punishment, because it means you are not able to actively help your team.

EDIT: Also, I can see some people being anal about trying to run this setting on PuGs and completely ruining the experience for others.

Edited by Spaghetti Betty
  • Like 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Here is the thing. There are challenge settings that encourage teamwork. Even require it. There is the "AT Powers Only" setting. Now every member of the team is reliant on the other members to cover their weaknesses. And here is the big one:

"0 Deaths Allowed"

And with this one, everyone knows the team failed to work together and meet the goal because you have this nice flag that shows you failed the challenge.

• Thumbs Up 2

Then answer this: What challenge is this suggestion providing?

2 hours ago, Spot said:

Start relying on your teammates than a hosp button, what else needs to be said?

That is not a challenge. That is a personal bias. So what challenge are you introducing to the game? I mean aside from the fact you already admitted this is punishment, here is your chance to turn this around and tell everyone what challenge is being introduced.

• Thumbs Up 1