NA Secondaries

drgantz

I've read many posts about NA/Sonic so I'm guessing that it is the best.  Are any of the other Secondaries as good?  I'm thinking of Water or Dark.

I mostly plan to group in TFs and other grouping activities.  I only PVE.  I don't PVP.
The toon will have a nature theme, so I care about appearance.

Edited by drgantz

Sonic offers -Res in its attacks which is a multiplier to team benefit (damage), which makes it popular.

If you’re looking for a fun build and don’t mind it being a bit challenging to learn then I’d suggest taking a look at the Mad King link in my signature or do a quick forum search for Mad King, sorry I’m on mobile and it makes it more difficult to grab quickly. I have discussion and builds posted for several things but there is specifically a Nature/Energy in there that is fun and dynamic, and if you want thematic Water Blast can sub in for Energy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drgantz said:

I've read many posts about NA/Sonic so I'm guessing that it is the best.  Are any of the other Secondaries as good?  I'm thinking of Water or Dark.

I mostly plan to group in TFs and other grouping activities.  I only PVE.  I don't PVP.
The toon will have a nature theme, so I care about appearance.

I do think nature/dark would also work well since you mentioned it.  Nature gives you and your team some nice resistances and some moderate tohit debuff in spore cloud.  That would stack nicely with the tohit debuffing of dark blast.   Should make for a nice safe combo.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Riverdusk said:

I do think nature/dark would also work well since you mentioned it.  Nature gives you and your team some nice resistances and some moderate tohit debuff in spore cloud.  That would stack nicely with the tohit debuffing of dark blast.   Should make for a nice safe combo.

i’ve made a nature/dark and intend it to be my 3rd alt i actually play. the -to hit from dark looks like it’ll pair well with nature

plus, i’ve always wanted to play dark blast. the sounds, the FX etc is a classic

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My nature is /sonic but it was more thematic than anything else. I do like Sonic’s nova as it is super quick and can get back to healing. I only take two other at attacks and the build up to go with nova. I should probably have the one cone but don’t. Nature is a lot of fun. Ice would probably good as you can stack holds with the aura. 

• Like 1

Nature/Seismic is a lot of fun. Decent amount of mitigation from KD. Five of the powers have -def, so lots of proc opportunities.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Another thought for ya, Nat/Rad (maybe a fallout boy like theme?).

With that you would have a tier 9 pbaoe hold to go with your vinelike hold power. Insta boss level holds but ya gotta wait till level 39 for it. 

I'd try it with the tp power for maneuvering about a battle field personally. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, drgantz said:

Thank you everyone for your replies.  My toon will have a plant theme.  I've read some good comments for both Sonic and Dark.  Both are good thematically.  I made two toons just to test them.

that’s good to hear. sonic received a significant buff in damage during the recent patch

i’m enjoying the nature/dark i made the other week, only up to level 7 or so at the moment. taking it slow with no double xp

i notice that dark ‘feels’ right with nature - the powers are quiet and relaxing like they are with nature. i’ve also been able to quickly build my attack chain with dark blast + gloom + snipe by level 6, makes the character feel useful!

hope you enjoy your alts

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/22/2022 at 5:18 PM, Sir Myshkin said:

Sonic offers -Res in its attacks which is a multiplier to team benefit (damage), which makes it popular.

If you’re looking for a fun build and don’t mind it being a bit challenging to learn then I’d suggest taking a look at the Mad King link in my signature or do a quick forum search for Mad King, sorry I’m on mobile and it makes it more difficult to grab quickly. I have discussion and builds posted for several things but there is specifically a Nature/Energy in there that is fun and dynamic, and if you want thematic Water Blast can sub in for Energy.

A very strong and critical point is that as far as Nature is concern, the buffing and healing is helped by the fact that every time you apply a dmg resistance debuff, the dmg debuffs that you apply on enemies is MULTIPLED, not added. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1