Some ideas for MM love

MsSmart

Just a suggestion...

Give the MM a +1 Status effect protection per deployed pet, considering that the MM's mind is kind of in many different places controlling her pets, it would seem to be more difficult to apply status effects to her.

A new control button: All attack my target, and as I change targets during the fight, they automatically switch

Hugs

I am sure you all may have more awesome ideas

Sue

42 minutes ago, MsSmart said:

considering that the MM's mind is kind of in many different places controlling her pets,

That is a really huge assumption. None of my MMs are telepaths mentally dominating pets or mentally animating puppets. They give commands and the minions follow them.

44 minutes ago, MsSmart said:

A new control button: All attack my target, and as I change targets during the fight, they automatically switch

I'm going to get burned for this, but oh well. What is wrong with the Attack My Target command? It does the same thing, just without the pets automatically shifting to whatever target you cycle to. MMs command their pets. The pets attack on their own as best they can until their leader commands them otherwise.

54 minutes ago, MsSmart said:

I don't think this would be a good idea. Constantly having to give your pets new orders is the desired play style and the entire point behind the MM AT.

Also, I have an "Attack My Target" macro in the power tray of all of my MMs that I hit whenever a target dies.

58 minutes ago, MsSmart said:

Give the MM a +1 Status effect protection per deployed pet, considering that the MM's mind is kind of in many different places controlling her pets, it would seem to be more difficult to apply status effects to her.

I'm divided on this suggestion. I like it, and I'd love it if my MMs had some Status Protection. On the other hand, a lot of suggestions lately have involved giving Status Protection to squishies. Not everyone can have Status Protection, mezzes become worthless if everyone has Status Protection.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

I'm going to get burned for this, but oh well. What is wrong with the Attack My Target command? It does the same thing, just without the pets automatically shifting to whatever target you cycle to. MMs command their pets. The pets attack on their own as best they can until their leader commands them otherwise.

Honestly, I'm in the same boat on this one. And using this function is just stupid easy with the Sandolphan keybinds (I hit the Numpad's 0 (only have to do that one once), then hit 7 any time I want them to attack my target. 

Keep in mind though that the Attack my Target function takes henchmen out of bodyguard mode, which is why there are benefits to not using it as well.

Edit: Sorry, this last statement was said to everyone in general and not directed at you specifically, Rudra.

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

2 hours ago, MsSmart said:

This assumes the MM is not simply giving verbal commands, that their minions aren't semi-independent, and/or that the only way for the MM to control those minions is via some form of hivemind.

2 hours ago, MsSmart said:

So let's say you use this command, then target a teammate to heal or buff them.  Would your pets then attack that teammate's target?  What happens if you are using this, accidentally hit tab, (thereby targeting some distant enemy), and end up sending your minions halfway across the map?  I'd much rather stick with the more deliberate "attack my target" type of setup we have now...

• Thumbs Up 1

If you use the numpad options, if you use ALL Pets keypad option. It stays in memory until you change it.

Which means hitting attack will send all the pets at a target and continue to work

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I'm divided on this suggestion. I like it, and I'd love it if my MMs had some Status Protection. On the other hand, a lot of suggestions lately have involved giving Status Protection to squishies. Not everyone can have Status Protection, mezzes become worthless if everyone has Status Protection.

If they'd just give us a Minimal FX version of Clarion, all mez protection issues would probably be solved...

1 minute ago, Lazarillo said:

If they'd just give us a Minimal FX version of Clarion, all mez protection issues would probably be solved...

There are a few MM secondaries that give you status protection already.  There are also some pool power and/or IO sets that, while not perfect, definitely help lessen the impact of mez effects as well.  I don't think status protection is the answer.  I think eliminating the level drop of your minions would be a better improvement.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, biostem said:

There are a few MM secondaries that give you status protection already.  There are also some pool power and/or IO sets that, while not perfect, definitely help lessen the impact of mez effects as well.  I don't think status protection is the answer.  I think eliminating the level drop of your minions would be a better improvement.

This was more meant to address the idea of mez protection on squishies in general being lacking: make it an option for function (at least at max level) without impairing form.  As it were.

6 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

This was more meant to address the idea of mez protection on squishies in general being lacking: make it an option for function (at least at max level) without impairing form.  As it were.

Oh I get it - I have a kin/son defender that has clarion on auto, but before incarnates, or should you not want to go w/ clarion, there are options.  I have a thugs/sonic MM that functions pretty well, thanks to sonic dispersion and the extra RES...

I certainly wouldn't mind a small amount of status protection that comes with the minion upgrade powers.

As much some of our secondary powersets are helping out at times, I prefer to have them some on their own so they don't get completely locked down by attacks like earthquakes and the kind.