It's alive! Alive!

Mike Morbid

You might never guess from my name and avatar, but I'm a big fan of Halloween and horror in general. So, this being Spooktober, let's get a little evil. Come up with COH builds for your favourite horror villain (heck, or any other characters in the genre). I gleefully await to see what you all come up with.

For the scarifying misadventures of Mike Morbid, go to Twitter and look for @JMikeMorbid

I was part of an 80's-movie themed static group a year or two ago, and the character I made was inspired by John Carpenter's "The Fog". Named Elizabeth Dane, after the ship in the movie, she is a Sonic/Storm defender that I envisioned as a banshee that embodied the vengeful spirit of the sailors on that ship. If you have seen then movie then hopefully that makes sense. I even created a sound mod (cobbled together from other CoH sound files) for her. She is one of my favorite characters in terms of concept and costume. Here she is haunting browsing the library in Steel Canyon.

liz_library.thumb.jpg.e33fffd5cc9eb3e87006d9ddd86d8015.jpg

That static group had a spot-on Xenomorph (from the Alien franchise) homage as well.

I also have a (retired and seldom used) titan/bio scrapper that was a gender-swapped homage to Ash from the Evil Dead series. She used the big chainshaw available in titan weapons.

I spent the weekend at a horror movie festival so I might get some inspiration from that.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I've got this Sonic/Sonic Blaster bloke who might fit the bill. I've been into Sonic lately as it remains one of the few powers I haven't really played -- been trying it in different ATs.

Numbskull Bonehead... the name will likely change once I cough up a better one. But as the name suggests, he's not the brightest bulb on the tanning bed. He desperately tries to roll with the big boys, but deep inside he knows he's not cut out for it. He was going for the timeless timeless skull and bones terror invoked by the Grim Reaper, but costume design is not his stronger skill set... that and the really good villain tailors charge and arm and a leg (literally). So, without much money and smarts to go around, he's decided on the seemingly lucrative business of crime. How hard could it be?

Numbskull.png.6cf08a87c9bd7353ac4016d57aae058b.png

P.S. The skull was really hard to pull off. So he just got an old bike helmet and some spray paint. He'll get a better one after the next job. He also started with a cape, which he thought looked classically villainous, but it kept getting caught in doorways and other furniture. And why the purple suit? Skeletor, you might assume. But you'd assume wrong. It was the last item of its kind in the store, so it was at half price. He'll get a better one after he gets a new skull thing... hopefully.

His role model or as he sees it in his screw-loose head, mentor, the-person-he-wants-to-be-when he-grows-up is Bad Vibes (such a cool name). Sonic/Elec Corruptor. Who do voodoo? He do. For the record, Bad Vibes vehemently denies any knowledge or association with the gentleman above.

1645835990_BadVibes.png.243afd00153c91416cfaff80d57c5530.png

2117925823_Screenshot2022-10-10at10_58.39@2x.thumb.jpg.c7f6d10e97c5c3e02713d44d2d59e7f3.jpg

...I just liked the sound of it.

BTW, I may be terrified of clowns, but Pennywise is a masterful creation (King's book, Tim and now Bill all prey on the mind.)

I had a Rogue Isles specific variant in mind, so do watch out for Goopy...

• Haha 1

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

6 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I was part of an 80's-movie themed static group a year or two ago, and the character I made was inspired by John Carpenter's "The Fog". Named Elizabeth Dane, after the ship in the movie, she is a Sonic/Storm defender that I envisioned as a banshee that embodied the vengeful spirit of the sailors on that ship. If you have seen then movie then hopefully that makes sense.

Excellent choice. Carpenter is my favourite director, and The Fog is my third favourite horror movie.

• Like 1

For the scarifying misadventures of Mike Morbid, go to Twitter and look for @JMikeMorbid

6 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

Extra Bonus Points for "Brat Out Of Hell."

Was she gone when the morning came?

usually am 😈

(and yes, she was born the day the big man went to Paradise… by the dashboard light)

• Like 1

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

• 2 weeks later

Well, let's see:

Michael Myers (Halloween) is a Natural Invulnerable / Broad Sword Tanker.

Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th) is a Magic Axe / Regeneration Brute.

Carrie White (Carrie) is a Natural (or possibly Mutant) Gravity Control / Psionic Assault Dominator.

Freddie Krueger (Nightmare on Elm Street) is a Magic Claws / Dark Stalker.

The Phantom (The Town That Dreaded Sundown) is a Natural Axe / Super Reflexes Stalker.

Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre) is a Natural Titan Weapons / Willpower Brute.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, TalynDerre said:

Well, let's see:

Michael Myers (Halloween) is a Natural Invulnerable / Broad Sword Tanker.

Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th) is a Magic Axe / Regeneration Brute.

Carrie White (Carrie) is a Natural (or possibly Mutant) Gravity Control / Psionic Assault Dominator.

Freddie Krueger (Nightmare on Elm Street) is a Magic Claws / Dark Stalker.

The Phantom (The Town That Dreaded Sundown) is a Natural Axe / Super Reflexes Stalker.

Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre) is a Natural Titan Weapons / Willpower Brute.

Good list, just the sort of thing I was looking for.