I don't like the Elite Bosses added to trick-or-treating

MrSnottyPants

I'm not arguing for or against harder content, mind you.  Just pointing out that there seems to be a double standard.

Some people want the game a certain way, and they're described as asking for it...

Others want the game a certain way, and they're described as whiners, complainers, bitching and moaning about every little thing.

Why can't we apply the same terms to everyone equally?  Some people were whining for harder content... they complained about every little thing being too easy.  They come in and bitch and moan until they get their way.  Or, you know... the people who aren't on the same page as wanting all the harder content can just be described as expressing their opinions and asking for stuff, too.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

20 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Now I am supposed to believe they are pulling the same weight as a Blaster.  Hmmmm I do not believe you. 

The only reason I've griped about a mastermind being on HM TFs is Group Fly, but that's on me for not going to Null about that.

Masterminds happen to also be getting buffs in Page 5. More reason for me to take them. The only time I might go 'maybe not' is a 4-Star ASF run that's going for the Vanguard challenge. That is a 'maybe' not a 'nope no masterminds period'.

Obviously, mileage may vary based on other team leaders.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

1 minute ago, Neiska said:

If by "fine" you mean either rejected or removed from teams just for being a mastermind then I agree.

I don’t know what server you play on but on Everlasting I’ve never seen that, I’ve been on many of Shadeknight’s runs and others that had MMs.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Neiska said:

If by "fine" you mean either rejected or removed from teams just for being a mastermind then I agree.

Boo on those team leaders, really. Masterminds have some great Secondary sets - even if you can get them on Corruptors, Controllers, and Defenders too.

16 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Others want the game a certain way, and they're described as whiners, complainers, bitching and moaning about every little thing.

Truthfully, my preference is just figuring out what they dislike so much and why they haven't looked at other servers?

Not meant to be a dig, but like...if Homecoming is agitating someone so much then why stay? Causing the self to suffer for one reason or another is odd to me. I genuinely mean this because some people are so unhappy that all I see from them are negative posts. They are in their full right to throw out posts going 'game getting harder' or 'a certain crowd getting what they want', but they're only inflicting more upon themselves if it gets them this distraught.

23 minutes ago, Player2 said:

"The people who want harder content get what they want.  If you don't like it, go away."

No one has said that or implied that. Putting words in other's mouth is not something anyone should do.

Edited by Shadeknight
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

unknown.png

7 hours ago, Greycat said:

What's a touch annoying (other than apparently being one-shot by some of the EBs when I can take others on) is that they seem to *completely ignore* mastermind pets.

Joke Mode Enabled - Do Not Take Seriously

Well they are Mummy's and since it was you that broke the seal of Ra Amun Ka's tomb they should only pursue you for their vengeance and not the 6 hired laborers you brought along.  As for the Witches, did they add the little dog too part or just the I'll get you my pretty.

Secure from Joke Mode - Restow all gear.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

15 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

No one has said that or implied that. Putting words in other's mouth is not something anyone should do.

15 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

Truthfully, my preference is just figuring out what they dislike so much and why they haven't looked at other servers?

Not meant to be a dig, but like...if Homecoming is agitating someone so much then why stay? Causing the self to suffer for one reason or another is odd to me. I genuinely mean this because some people are so unhappy that all I see from them are negative posts. They are in their full right to throw out posts going 'game getting harder' or 'a certain crowd getting what they want', but they're only inflicting more upon themselves if it gets them this distraught.

Okay, implying that anyone is straight up telling people to go away is an exaggeration...  but, I mean, here you are in the very same post as saying that no one is saying that and you're wondering why people don't go away to other servers.

Oh, I see...  you said "Look at other servers."  I guess that doesn't mean you expect them to go there, but just look at their options, and maybe they'll find something they like better so they can go there if they choose.  But here's the thing, those other servers have issues, too.  Maybe HC is the lesser of several evils, but that doesn't mean everything that gets changed here is going to be appreciated or even tolerated without complaint.  Again, the people who whined and complained that the game was too easy got what they want, so why wouldn't people who aren't getting what they want speak up??  But when someone distinguishes between the two by calling one group whiners and the other just asking for something, I find THAT to be the real problem.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Player2 said:

It turned into that on page 1.  I was just pointing out that that sort of thing isn't acceptable.

Shouldn't be but it's clear that every just needs to meet and fight this out the old fashioned way. I propose every one meet in the park at dawn. Bring your pistols. Last one standing was right all along.

• Haha 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Folks, the thread seems to be spiraling from it's actual topic.

I don't remember Halloween elite bosses in hard mode ITF and ASF runs as of the last run I had on a 4 star on Sunday so i

Let's try to keep some structure and civility, because like it or not at the end of the day it's probably a better idea to break bread with each other than break each other down.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

The only reason I've griped about a mastermind being on HM TFs is Group Fly, but that's on me for not going to Null about that.

Masterminds happen to also be getting buffs in Page 5. More reason for me to take them. The only time I might go 'maybe not' is a 4-Star ASF run that's going for the Vanguard challenge. That is a 'maybe' not a 'nope no masterminds period'.

Obviously, mileage may vary based on other team leaders.

FWIW, a team of one Tanker or Brute and seven Masterminds would actually demolish the Vanguard heroes.  The fight couldn't be better designed for Masterminds, really.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

World record? Sure.

7 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Oh, I see...  you said "Look at other servers."  I guess that doesn't mean you expect them to go there, but just look at their options, and maybe they'll find something they like better so they can go there if they choose.  But here's the thing, those other servers have issues, too.  Maybe HC is the lesser of several evils, but that doesn't mean everything that gets changed here is going to be appreciated or even tolerated without complaint.  Again, the people who whined and complained that the game was too easy got what they want, so why wouldn't people who aren't getting what they want speak up??  But when someone distinguishes between the two by calling one group whiners and the other just asking for something, I find THAT to be the real problem.

My main issue and the reason I brought up looking around is that there's a fair few posters / forumites that seem to be all about negativity.

It's one thing to criticize and desire different things. It's another to make one's entire forum personality be about being negative. This is primarily seen around those posting things about how one crowd is driving the game or some inner circle sort of stuff. Those people seem, to me, to live and breathe off negativity rather than finding balance. Being negative all the time is unhealthy. It's natural to disagree with the changes going on, but I've seen people hold onto things with a death grip (so to speak/metaphorically speaking) and continue with it.

Personally, I wish those posters would find some joy in their life. I think calling them whiners is fair play if all they bring to a thread is grumbling and bemoaning decisions. They're not offering anything concrete to a thread or to feedback. Let's take the original topic: The Elite Bosses of the Halloween Event are tough, but reward more XP/influence and are limited to Level 25+. They can be hard for soloers and that's not fun. However, as Number Six pointed out? It's going to get fixed. It had to do with spawn coding. Now, you would think that would be the end of that.

However, then people began to respond to this:

This continued march toward making everything insanely harder is literally why I do not play anymore.

Which is derailing the topic, because it sets the stage for people to go "????" rather than focusing on the EB topic or that of what N6 said.

All in all, maybe generalizing a broad stroke of folks was a bad idea. However, the idea behind the intent is not far off from how certain posters make others feel.

It would swing the other way to any other poster if all they had was negativity, for the record - at least for me. I cannot speak for every poster despite being a forum cop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 4

unknown.png

I like the new EBs, but even without them. ToT at low level, sub 25, is not solo friendly in the slightest.

I have been leveling a Huntsman with max SOs, which means I am pretty much as powerful as you can be at that level w/o IOs. Also, being a huntsman I have good ranged defense. So, I should be able to kite the mobs.

Quickly learned not to click on doors, unless I had a patrol bot nearby. Even with just two lts popping out. They still hit you often and for a lot.

Most of the ToT damage is of the less commonly resisted types like negative energy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I highly recommend putting the offenders on your forums ignore list. I have them there, and trust  me, when they show up to a thread it’s no longer a pain because their post are hidden. I recommend you all do this. 

Edited by Seed22
  • Thumbs Up 2

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

51 minutes ago, Starforge said:

I don’t know what server you play on but on Everlasting I’ve never seen that, I’ve been on many of Shadeknight’s runs and others that had MMs.

I too, play on Everlasting. And I have only completed 2 stars, but not on my MM, on my Crabbermind SoA. I have yet to complete any of the new difficulties on a MM, and have been told "we don't want an MM" on several occasions, enough that it's gotten to the point I have stopped asking or even expecting. Your personal experience is not the atypical one, but I would also add neither is mine. But it is common enough that there was a thread about it. Some MM's have participated and even completed 4 star hardmodes, but I would call them the exception rather than the norm. The majority of teams I have seen are Tankers, Defenders, Blasters, controllers, and Dominators. I have yet to see a Widow, Sentinel, Stalker Warshade/Peacebringer on a team. I do see a few Brutes and Scrappers but not as many as the others.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Neiska said:

I too, play on Everlasting. And I have only completed 2 stars, but not on my MM, on my Crabbermind SoA. I have yet to complete any of the new difficulties on a MM, and have been told "we don't want an MM" on several occasions, enough that it's gotten to the point I have stopped asking or even expecting. Your personal experience is not the atypical one, but I would also add neither is mine. But it is common enough that there was a thread about it. Some MM's have participated and even completed 4 star hardmodes, but I would call them the exception rather than the norm. The majority of teams I have seen are Tankers, Defenders, Blasters, controllers, and Dominators. I have yet to see a Widow, Sentinel, Stalker Warshade/Peacebringer on a team. I do see a few Brutes and Scrappers but not as many as the others.

I would definitely recommend trying to coordinate runs through the Everlasting TFs folks.

All of the raid leaders there as far as I’m aware have no issues with really any archetype as long as they can pay attention to instructions.

1 minute ago, Starforge said:

I would definitely recommend trying to coordinate runs through the Everlasting TFs folks.

By this I assume you believe that I have not already attempted such?

I won't be citing names due to forum policy. But it went something like this -

"Hey, MM here, can I come? Full t4's and everything. I also have a few nukes that I can bring."

"We don't want any MM's."

"Okay." *changes to my tanker* "Hey, I can come, only T3'd here and I am a Bio/EM tanker."

*gets immediately invited.*

That's how it usually goes.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

Personally, I wish those posters would find some joy in their life. I think calling them whiners is fair play if all they bring to a thread is grumbling and bemoaning decisions. They're not offering anything concrete to a thread or to feedback. Let's take the original topic: The Elite Bosses of the Halloween Event are tough, but reward more XP/influence and are limited to Level 25+. They can be hard for soloers and that's not fun. However, as Number Six pointed out? It's going to get fixed. It had to do with spawn coding. Now, you would think that would be the end of that.

All in all, maybe generalizing a broad stroke of folks was a bad idea. However, the idea behind the intent is not far off from how certain posters make others feel.

"I wish the people that want harder play content would just find some joy in their life instead of complaining and whining here and making other people miserable with getting what they wanted."

Broadstroking is always bad.  You disagree with an opinion or really don't like something... well aren't you just complaining about the complaining?  Go find some joy, man.  Double-standards aren't cool.  Complain if you want, but calling people whiners because they're complaining about something you don't agree with isn't cool.  I mean, either everyone is a whiner or everyone is just voicing their complaints.  But if you're going to broadstroke, apply it to everyone equally.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

31 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

2 minutes ago, Player2 said:

"I wish the people that want harder play content would just find some joy in their life instead of complaining and whining here and making other people miserable with getting what they wanted."

Bit odd to quote a poster then use an entirely different post with quotes of what they didn't say to make a point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

11 hours ago, Number Six said:

it's planned for that to be changed so that in the future they won't spawn when solo trick or treating.

That's kind of a pity; I was curious, and took Лечение Шока (Elec/Elec Controller) out to Kallisti Wharf to do circuits of one of the office buildings, and the only thing I noticed was that the EBs took longer to grind down than the bosses. But, then, she was an experiment in the viability of "Drain them to zero End and keep them there" as a build goal; once the EB is at 0 end, they're mostly neutered, only using a low-damage base attack.

Perhaps if the ToT spawn code was adjusted to check the existing option that downgrades high-rank mobs, so that it would convert EBs into regular bosses (it would be more complicated than a simple downgrade, because it should convert the EB into a corresponding boss, not just lower their rank -- i.e., Crone Matriarch to Crone -- to prevent using the option to make getting the badges for the EBs easier to farm solo).

35 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

Shouldn't be but it's clear that every just needs to meet and fight this out the old fashioned way. I propose every one meet in the park at dawn. Bring your pistols. Last one standing was right all along.

Let's all go out for coffee, instead.

(Tea drinkers are suddenly enraged and start throwing chairs)

"We don't like coffee!!"

(People who avoid caffeine altogether start lighting torches)

. . .

(More people show up...)

What, are you saying that you hate ice cream?!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1