Explain the sentinel inherent power to me

DougGraves

The description is confusing - it recharges over time but activating it uses half of it?  I have no idea what that means.

I can click it and an enemy glows.  Sometimes the power gets a red circle but that does not seem to change what happens when I click it.

What's the deal with vulnerability?

So...

When you click Vulnerability it provides a -res debuff to whoever you're targeting.

As for the recharge thing, when you click it, it consumes 50% of your Opportunity bar, so as long as you have at least 50%, you can activate it.  I think you gain opportunity at a rate of 100% per minute, but I may be wrong about that.

• Thanks 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

35 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

As for the recharge thing, when you click it, it consumes 50% of your Opportunity bar, so as long as you have at least 50%, you can activate it.  I think you gain opportunity at a rate of 100% per minute, but I may be wrong about that.

You are correct.

One of the ATO procs also provides a bonus of 10 (superior)/7.5 (non-superior) when it procs to the Opportunity bar (which, to be clear, is visible in your HUD just where Fury/Domination is, a brown bar beneath your endurance).

(Fun fact: Fury, Domination, and Opportunity are in fact the same thing, all called Fury under the hood.  You just, as the different ATs, have different powers that raise/lower the amount of Fury meter, and other powers that check the meter for different purposes.  So if for example someone made a coding error and allowed a Brute or Dominator to slot the Sentinel ATO proc (or the Brute one that also gives bonus Fury), you'd be able to use that Fury/Domination/Opportunity for your own purposes.)

Edited by aethereal
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

I think you gain opportunity at a rate of 100% per minute, but I may be wrong about that.

It was stated to be 100% per minute in the beta.  According to CoD, it's 100% per 80 seconds (1.25 Rage per second, 1.25 * 80 = 100).

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

55 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

So...

When you click Vulnerability it provides a -res debuff to whoever you're targeting.

Thanks

So what is the red circle around the power for?

45 minutes ago, aethereal said:

You are correct.

One of the ATO procs also provides a bonus of 10 (superior)/7.5 (non-superior) when it procs to the Opportunity bar (which, to be clear, is visible in your HUD just where Fury/Domination is, a brown bar beneath your endurance).

what’s the standard -res% of the sent inherent vs the buffed % with the superior ATO?

edit: i see on city of data the standard -res is 15%, does the ATO provide another 10%?

Edited by MoonSheep

This is only my understanding of it, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears to get the red circle when it is fully charged. I have noticed it having the red circle when I log in and before I start fighting. Feels kinda counter-intuitive (maybe should be green, or something besides red)

58 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

what’s the standard -res% of the sent inherent vs the buffed % with the superior ATO?

edit: i see on city of data the standard -res is 15%, does the ATO provide another 10%?

No.

The ATO provides more Opportunity (the brown bar meter), to allow you to use Vulnerability (the clicky power) more often.  It does not change the effects of Vulnerability.

56 minutes ago, BastionWalls said:

This is only my understanding of it, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears to get the red circle when it is fully charged. I have noticed it having the red circle when I log in and before I start fighting. Feels kinda counter-intuitive (maybe should be green, or something besides red)

Correct, the red circle on the Vulnerability power means that your Opportunity is 100%, you're maxed out, you aren't gaining any more until you use Vulnerability.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, MoonSheep said:

As I understand, the ATO just boosts the recharge rate of Opportunity.  So it cycles faster and you can spam it on more targets.

The only way that you can boost the actual debuff is for multiple Sents to target Opportunity on the same mob, as it does 'stack' with multiple applications.  So two Sentinels hitting something with Opportunity would be a 30% -Res, three would lower to 45% -res, and so on.  This could be an extremely potent tool against AV's and monsters, but for normal mobs it's likely overkill (besides which, there is no AoE version, which would make a Sentinel OP as all get out, if tagging one mob would debuff an entire spawn to that degree). 

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

12 minutes ago, aethereal said:

Nope, Vulnerability doesn't stack.

If this is correct, then there's an "instance entry" tip that needs to be edited or removed.  It specifically states that multiple Sentinels can stack debuffs.

Edited by MistressOhm

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

10 minutes ago, MistressOhm said:

If this is correct, then there's an "instance entry" tip that needs to be edited or removed.  It specifically states that multiple Sentinels can stack debuffs.

Probably a leftover from the old inherent.  You should report it as a bug.  Vulnerability doesn't stack.

• Thanks 1

• City Council
3 hours ago, Luminara said:

It was stated to be 100% per minute in the beta.  According to CoD, it's 100% per 80 seconds (1.25 Rage per second, 1.25 * 80 = 100).

It builds 1.25 Rage every 0.75s. So it is 100 Rage per 60s.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, DougGraves said:

The description is confusing - it recharges over time but activating it uses half of it?  I have no idea what that means.

I can click it and an enemy glows.  Sometimes the power gets a red circle but that does not seem to change what happens when I click it.

It's not all that dissimilar to domination - there's the click power, but it's tied to the AT's special resource bar instead of end.

• City Council
5 hours ago, DougGraves said:

Sentinels have a "Rage" meter which represents how much Opportunity you have. You can have anywhere between 0 and 100 Opportunity (the meter will show how much).

For Sentinels, this Opportunity builds up similar to how your Endurance builds up. It will automatically fill at a rate of 100 Opportunity per minute (1.25 per 0.75s, specifically). The ATO proc can fill this faster.

When you use Vulnerability to debuff a single target, it will cost 50 Opportunity. The Vulnerability click power will not be enabled until you have atleast 50 Opportunity, and it will highlight a red ring when you are at 100 Opportunity.

You can't use Vulnerability on a target that is already debuffed by Vulnerability (from any Sentinel). If you try, it will say invalid target, but it won't cost you any of your Opportunity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Booper said:

You can't use Vulnerability on a target that is already debuffed by Vulnerability (from any Sentinel). If you try, it will say invalid target, but it won't cost you any of your Opportunity.

Pfft.  I would've made it say, "Inopportune!".

And accompanied it with music

"Inopportune!" in opera tunes.

What a wasted opportunity.

Edited by Luminara
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 hours ago, smnolimits43 said:

ok as long as vulnerability is on, does the attacks debuff, or is it just a single attack, like a one time thing ??

Clicking the vulnerability power applies a ST debuff that lasts 15 seconds.  This is not a situation of your attacks getting a proc or anything, just the power Vulnerability is a debuff that's more-or-less exactly like what a Defender might get in their primary powerset.