Really hoping a 4th build becomes an possibility for characters in the future

Mystoc

I currently have Solider of Arachnos character with an bane spider build, an crab spider tank build, and a crab spider 6 pet build. All 3 of these builds I use a lot, I would really like to have wolf spider pre 24 build where the focus is just being strong pre level 24 I would use this for low level teams and Task forces but theres no room for that at the moment which is why I make this request.

I am even happy with it being an unlock that has to be earned through lots of effort. 

I am sure I am one the very few who desires a 4th build but all 3 builds I have are ones I cant imagine parting with. are there any game limitations why a 4th build cannot be a thing or is there just very little desire for it?

Edited by Mystoc
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Mystoc changed the title to Really hoping a 4th build becomes an possibility for characters in the future
1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

Could you maybe make another Soldier of Arachnos?

I would be creating a character with the same exact archetype with the same primaries and secondary's, this is the exact problem that the extra build slots are designed to solve.

also while this reasoning is more personal the character as a name that I really like and all the badges and accolades I earned, it also nice be recognized as the name of character you play a lot and get to catch up with people you have teamed with before and meet new people as well. having different names would break that familiarity  

Edited by Mystoc

I get the multi VEAT builds as I play my FortNight with 3 builds and my SpiderBane with 3 builds as well. I'll use macros to hotswap builds on demand during missions as well.

As anyone can use three builds as is and swapping them blows all your global cool downs, and each build requires using a whole additional set of enhancements I don't see this request as power creep and don't have an issue with a 4th build slot.

That said I don't see how much adoption it would actually have, because in practice a lot of people seem generally confused when I'm on my window swapping between night widow attacks and psi blasts during the same mission (I try to time my CDs before build swapping).

Man, I've been an advocate of using multiple builds, and I don't think I've ever wanted a fourth. 😄

That said, unless there's a technical reason it would be problematic, I don't see why not. There's not even a UI modification to worry about, really. (Cue someone saying how adding a line of text to it at the trainer would be oh so hard for the poor developers and they should be working on other things in 3...2...)

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Why stop at 4? Why not as many builds as costume slots?

10?

20?

30?

I say a little in jest but the effort to implement this if it's valuable and useful qol improvement can't be that different for 4 vs a much larger number (and likely not a significant time sink as many other suggestions) why not just skip to a limit that will satisfy nigh every use case and never have to worry about build slots again?

That way I can have a build min maxed for every enemy type and task force in the game.

On 11/18/2022 at 5:46 PM, Mystoc said:

I would be creating a character with the same exact archetype with the same primaries and secondary's

Right, because you only get the one arachnos costume per character anyway. Do you really want your peacock spider to have the same costume as your funnel spider?