Need help making leveling more comfortable, Water/Poison

Crunchyllama

I've got a lvl 24 water blast/poison corrupter, and I've noticed they run out of endurance constantly, and miss the majority of abilities. I don't have many enhancements slotted. I know most folks wait to build a character till max level, but I'm trying to level them the old fashioned way, as I've never done so before. I know next to nothing about build philosophy, or what I should or shouldn't be slotting. Any advice on what I can grab with 7 mil influence, to keep myself sane, while I try to level would be much appreciated. I'm not looking for a full build, just some guidance in the right direction.

Edited by Crunchyllama
grammar

What I generally do is to run some AE content, use the tickets you earn to buy common invention crafting components, then craft generic level 25 IOs.  Start with some end mods in stamina and put some end redux in your attacks or other frequently used powers.  Also make sure to slot some acc so you're not missing, and dmg, where applicable, so you're defeating the enemies more quickly.  If you have any higher level alts, (particularly with reward merits), I'd grab a panacea chance for +end/+hp unique, a miracle, and perhaps a performance shifter.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My standards

3 slot Stamina with End Mod enhances. Put a performance shifter proc in it.

Think about slotting a Numina +End/+Recovery proc in health (a Panacea proc is probably too expensive for you) 

Any power that costs 10 or more End, put an Endurance reducer in it.

Make sure to put at least 1 Slow enhancement in at least some of your powers; slowing enemies down is as good as draining them of End. Slowed foes have problems chasing you.

Otherwise

If you are running out of End too fast, then you need to pace yourself more.

Pick the powers that really make a difference when your End starts running low.

Avoid AoEs and Cones when your End is low.

• Thanks 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I love me some poison. But with that power, I tend to postpone some of my power picks. this means even though I can take the power, I take a look at the end cost and decide if my current level's recovery can sustain that in a fight.

Another tip is slotting. I tend to start "building" around 35. until then, I just slot SOs to address accuracy first and foremost, end and recharge depending on what the power needs, and maybe a proc or two here and there. SO benefits far eclipse IOs--they only start to be comparative around 35-40--which is also a nice level when I have sufficient slots to take advantage of set bonuses. Sometimes this implicates a respec and a change of fighting style around 35-40.

• Thanks 1

Poison has 4 must have powers and potentially 5 powers that you can skip if you want. Envenom, Weaken, Venomous Gas, and Poison Trap are the must haves.

This gives you opportunity to take what you need from your primary and pools fairly easily.

Otherwise it's going to come down to your individual goals for the toon.

• Thanks 1

7 million isn't enough for those quality of life IOs like miracle +recovery, kismet +to hit or performance shifter +end if you ALSO want to enhance your other powers.

What you can do is leverage what you get from drops and use the Single Origin enhancements that you can use - look out for ACC, DAM, END Reduction, Recharge SOs. And slowly over time craft and slot basic IOs which unlike SOs, don't have to be upgraded constantly.

You are going to follow the conventional "rule of three" rule - Don't slot more than 3 of the same type of enhancements in one power. If you are fighting mostly +0 or +1 enemies then your attacks should be slotted 1 acc 3 dam at the very least. If you decide to 6 slot the attack the last 2 slots can go to 1 endurance reduction and 1 recharge. Whirlpool is very accurate and you can get by with even no accuracy slotting fighting 0/+1 enemies, so you can slot that 3 dam 3 recharge for maximum uptime and damage.

3 slot stamina for Endurance mod, that's how we did it back then when ED hit, that's how we do it now with a non-IO set build.

Envenom and Weaken both need acc, same logic as above, if fighting +0/+1 1 ACC is enough. There's no significant benefit to 6 slotting these powers, 1 ACC, 1 end red, 1-2 recharge will make those powers servicable, and then if you have slots to spare you can slot for debuff effect such as -def or -tohit

If you are running any toggles you can slot 1 end reduction in them. Pro-tip - turn off travel powers like fly or super jump when fighting. Those are a significant endurance drain.

If you hate missing like I do, slot 2 acc in each power that needs to hit, compensate by removing a damage enhancement in attacks, for example.

Edited by Nemu
  • Thanks 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!