Small request: petite busts

Get it? Small request?

But, I actually think it probably wouldn't be too complex (I may be wrong, I'm no programmer) to adjust the chest slider magnitude for the female body type to have a smaller "minimum". As it is, even at the minimum setting female heroes are pretty darned busty. I'd like to be able to play one who's closer to my reality (which is, for better or worse, not that).

Thoughts, GMs?

The first thing I do to every girl toon I make is make her a human being. Even at small chest-max waist it is hardly an "extreme setting" looking in fact almost, but not entirely normal (I usually shorten the legs a bit too).

I think the pose is as much a problem as anything. The standard attention pose has the poor girl pulling her shoulders back so tightly that you'd think someone was poking a needle into her back right between the shoulder blades.

I'm not expecting "comics" to change (never much thought about that) nor other players... but I like making "normal" guys too and that's also tricky.

Svengjuk, Formerly Alice, Empty Man, EM Riptide, Silver Mouse, and many more... SG: Hero Dawn

Yeah! I do the same. Usually I shorten legs entirely in order to get a reasonable proportion, raise the waist, drop the bust to minimum, but... yeah, it's still pretty exaggerated. I know it's an older game, though, and that adding in a ton of fine-tuned posture options and whatnot would probably be a tall order, so I thought maybe I'd ask for something little that I don't think should be tooooo hard to code in.

I also don't think changing the slider would be terribly difficult.  The slider could probably go all the way to concave.

However, I do know that at some point, the textures will break rather horrifically.  Rather than a flat-chested person you will get a spiky-chested person with holes.  +1 for "if we have some clever modelers in the community, please expand the body type selection and available slider ranges," though.

Like Justice, I've got nothing against Todd McFarlane bodies, but I'd like to see some Grant Morrison bodies as well.  (Yes, I know he's not the artist.)

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

Just a thought on this:  I doubt anyone disagrees this is desirable as a potential feature because more options is more win.

That said, the initial intent of the art direction was to make it feel like the comic books of that era.  Art direction, as I understand it is very limited in scope at the moment in what it can and can't do.  So far I've only heard about static objects being doable from the notes I've seen and nothing about new costume pieces.

Additionally this requires all meshes and rigs for female toons to be updated which is a pretty big job.  I think the best way to get it to happen would be to know how to do it yourself and volunteer for the project.  So far any art I've seen come in came from people that are volunteering their skills and time.

Yeah! I do the same. Usually I shorten legs entirely in order to get a reasonable proportion, raise the waist, drop the bust to minimum, but... yeah, it's still pretty exaggerated. I know it's an older game, though, and that adding in a ton of fine-tuned posture options and whatnot would probably be a tall order, so I thought maybe I'd ask for something little that I don't think should be tooooo hard to code in.

Seriously, what's with the mile high legs?!?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

In a broader sense (no pun intended) I would love for the scale sliders to revert to where they were when introduced in Issue 4. Back then you could create almost anime-esque super-deformed characters. I'm not sure when they reined that back in but I miss it.

Get it? Small request?

But, I actually think it probably wouldn't be too complex (I may be wrong, I'm no programmer) to adjust the chest slider magnitude for the female body type to have a smaller "minimum". As it is, even at the minimum setting female heroes are pretty darned busty. I'd like to be able to play one who's closer to my reality (which is, for better or worse, not that).

Thoughts, GMs?

This would also help for those of us with a penchant for creating adolescent characters - generally ages 13 to 15, say.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Well, I know many of us have asked for a "package slider" for the male characters for a while.. and that's never coming... Male heroes don't have genitalia.. They're muscled Ken dolls.

That's not really directly comparable. What people are asking for here is the ability to reduce the size of the female character's rather sizable honkers, because even at the lowest setting, the female model has some unusually big badonkers.

I'll also add as a disclaimer: This request has nothing at all to do with playing characters who are children. It's not at all uncommon for fully adult women have busts in the "B or less" range, myself included.

Oh don't have a spaz. There's nothing wrong with people wanting to play kid characters, and keep in mind that the male model *already* allows you to create very child looking characters, so why shouldn't the female model?

But yes, the breast slider needs to be able to go significantly lower, to "completely flat", in fact. And the leg slider damn well needs to have it's minimum level reduced as well.

I'll also add as a disclaimer: This request has nothing at all to do with playing characters who are children. It's not at all uncommon for fully adult women have busts in the "B or less" range, myself included.

Oh don't have a spaz. There's nothing wrong with people wanting to play kid characters, and keep in mind that the male model *already* allows you to create very child looking characters, so why shouldn't the female model?

But yes, the breast slider needs to be able to go significantly lower, to "completely flat", in fact. And the leg slider damn well needs to have it's minimum level reduced as well.

I don't think Fiercfield's comment was intended to disparage people who do want to play child characters. I think they were clarifying that that wasn't the motivation behind the request.

I will also second the need to adjust the minimum settings for both chest and legs.

I've finally remembered how to tweak everything to minimize that enormous, nearly bow-legged thigh gap female characters have when they run.

Legs shortened to minimum

Hips shrunk to minimum

Waist increased to reduce the "A" shape from waist to feet

Physique slider increased to thicken the thighs a bit and bring the butt back up to where I like it

This works for me.

I also tend to drag the bust slider all the way down.

I'd like to see realistic bodies for males and females. Smaller more real breasts and at least a hint the guys are anatomically correct.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Anyone else remember Power Pack?

OH GODS YES.

I was 12 years old when this first came out (in the early 80s).  The very notion of superheroes, who were not someone's "kid sidekick", but were MY OWN AGE was mind-blowingly awesome.

FYI, for anyone who doesn't know the series:

Alex Powers, Gravity manipulation.  12 years old.  "Gee" / "G".

Julie Powers, Flight.  10 years old.  "Lightspeed".

Jack Powers, Mass/density manupilation (self).  8 years old.  "Mass Master".

Katie Powers, Disintegration and Energy Absorption/Projection.  5 years old.  "Energizer".

They were awesome, they were (or so I felt at the time) written as believable for their stated ages, and I eagerly skipped lunch for a week at a time to have enough money to buy the latest issue.

Power Pack was awesome. And kid superheroes are just inherently fun because who wants to be superheroes more than little kids?

More than that, even: kids inherently grow as characters; who they are changes over time.  Usually not into someone unrecognizable, but still, they change and develop as characters.

Mercedes Lackey has written a lot of books, with both adult and adolescent protagonists.  She's said that the adolescent characters are often easier to write, because change comes naturally to them, whereas adults resist change.  And so, sometimes, she had to fight to get events to go the way the story needed, when the protagonists were adults.

And, well, there's this simple truism: Superheroes, and superpowers, are adolescent power fantasies by nature.  :)

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Anyone else remember Power Pack?

OH GODS YES.

I was 12 years old when this first came out (in the early 80s).  The very notion of superheroes, who were not someone's "kid sidekick", but were MY OWN AGE was mind-blowingly awesome.

FYI, for anyone who doesn't know the series:

Alex Powers, Gravity manipulation.  12 years old.  "Gee" / "G".

Julie Powers, Flight.  10 years old.  "Lightspeed".

Jack Powers, Mass/density manupilation (self).  8 years old.  "Mass Master".

Katie Powers, Disintegration and Energy Absorption/Projection.  5 years old.  "Energizer".

They were awesome, they were (or so I felt at the time) written as believable for their stated ages, and I eagerly skipped lunch for a week at a time to have enough money to buy the latest issue.

Power Pack was awesome. And kid superheroes are just inherently fun because who wants to be superheroes more than little kids?

More than that, even: kids inherently grow as characters; who they are changes over time.  Usually not into someone unrecognizable, but still, they change and develop as characters.

Mercedes Lackey has written a lot of books, with both adult and adolescent protagonists.  She's said that the adolescent characters are often easier to write, because change comes naturally to them, whereas adults resist change.  And so, sometimes, she had to fight to get events to go the way the story needed, when the protagonists were adults.

And, well, there's this simple truism: Superheroes, and superpowers, are adolescent power fantasies by nature.  :)

All true.

And it wasn't just you thinking that the Power Pack kids were believable for their assigned ages. The original series in the 80s was just truly excellently written. Some of the aesthetic is goofy and childish, but it deals with heavy themes at the same time. It's really great work.