Being Kind

Rahabina

26 minutes ago, Mayaedits said:

....I thought this was a post about being kind? Did it become another Farming vs anti Farming thread? 😅

Don't look at me.

I didn't do it this time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 12/30/2022 at 5:27 AM, Ukase said:

I'm not saying it's illegal, immoral or fattening, just not a good idea. 

It's a great idea and most likely the kindest thing you can do for another person.

Rocket them straight to the end. Set them loose at lvl 50 with no idea what they're doing and no money.

Hope they get chewed out on teams and turned off by the gameplay.

Rejoice that you turned them away from a massive, open ended time sink in which they could waste their time grinding away indefinitely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, battlewraith said:

It's a great idea and most likely the kindest thing you can do for another person.

Rocket them straight to the end. Set them loose at lvl 50 with no idea what they're doing and no money.

Hope they get chewed out on teams and turned off by the gameplay.

Rejoice that you turned them away from a massive, open ended time sink in which they could waste their time grinding away indefinitely.

If the community is so nice why would they Chew them out? or  not give them Inf? help them with a build?

Surly all the people that Run the High lvl content Every day where you see Incarnate Trials filling up the General for hours at a time and Hami and MSR, and 4 Star ITF or w/e ALSO run low level fun Content for new people to help them get there feet wet? no Way a new player would see things like Where doing X lvl 50+ only 30 times a month would ever want to try it out and see what people are doing. no they would def want to spend 3-6 month slowly lvling there way up to lvl 50 with no Exp Buff using SO only as that is the "right" way to lvl and play the game.

I wonder how many acts of "kindness" genuinely come from a selfless or philanthropic pov.  Most seem to be borne out of a want of coming across to other people as "nice" or "kind", rather than the act of kindness itself.

Personally I think the old "treat other people how you'd like them to treat you" adage is a better way to go.

10 hours ago, kito said:

If the community is so nice why would they Chew them out? or  not give them Inf? help them with a build?

Surly all the people that Run the High lvl content Every day where you see Incarnate Trials filling up the General for hours at a time and Hami and MSR, and 4 Star ITF or w/e ALSO run low level fun Content for new people to help them get there feet wet? no Way a new player would see things like Where doing X lvl 50+ only 30 times a month would ever want to try it out and see what people are doing. no they would def want to spend 3-6 month slowly lvling there way up to lvl 50 with no Exp Buff using SO only as that is the "right" way to lvl and play the game.

Chew Surly Run High Every Incarnate Trials General Hami MSR Star ITF ALSO Content Way Where X Exp Buff SO . . .

C S R H E I T G H M S R S I T F A L S O C W W X E B S O . . .

Does someone have an Orphan Annie Decoder Ring or otherwise understand this cypher?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

C S R H E I T G H M S R S I T F A L S O C W W X E B S O . . .

Does someone have an Orphan Annie Decoder Ring or otherwise understand this cypher?

A C R U M M Y C O M M E R C I A L S O N O F A B I T C H

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

13 hours ago, kito said:

I was just on two separate TFs (posted in general yesterday) that were a crap show.  I did not "chew people out"  I thought.  I did start asking people to act like a team once or twice.  They deserved to be chewed out.  These were level 8-15 TFs.  A 50 not knowing what they are doing and just being carried?  Great until those doing the carrying are overwhelmed or have to take time to help someone get to a mission door.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Snarky said:

I was just on two separate TFs (posted in general yesterday) that were a crap show.  I did not "chew people out"  I thought.  I did start asking people to act like a team once or twice.  They deserved to be chewed out.  These were level 8-15 TFs.  A 50 not knowing what they are doing and just being carried?  Great until those doing the carrying are overwhelmed or have to take time to help someone get to a mission door.

Snarky you where meanish to someone who was being a pain. I refuse to believe it 😭 your just so innocent and full of joy

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, kito said:

Snarky you where meanish to someone who was being a pain. I refuse to believe it 😭 your just so innocent and full of joy

I actually really tried to help the one person who could not get to Faultline.  I posted the base entry macro fro the cosmic transport base.  Five minutes (while I patiently explained the use if the macro near a base portals) later they indicated they did not know how to copy paste anything.   So i told them to type the relevant portion to enter base passcode.  Ans said explicitly what that portion was.  But they somehow went from Steel to Perez Park.  I gave up at that point. The team was struggling and my efforts were futile.  I went and started doing my part to get the TF done.  I seriously try to help on every TF.  I am not a speed player and not a great player, but I am not bad if you got nothing else lol.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/2/2023 at 5:03 AM, kito said:

I just tell people how to run to a place. Never  been a big fan of the base teleport method unless it's a paine to get to like firebase 

FBZ is the pentultimate def of PITA, besides synapse and Citadel 😛

Edited by Seed22
  • Thumbs Up 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|