mapserved hard over and over

Snarky

Yup - and in a supreme bit of irony, it broke apart a Katie Hannon PUG we had just started after some, well, let's say "ignorance of the mechanics" and leave it at that.  A couple of players took that as their omen to bow out.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Also, saw a bunch of people in chat when I got back on saying they'd been snapped too.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

2 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Yup - and in a supreme bit of irony, it broke apart a Katie Hannon PUG we had just started after some, well, let's say "ignorance of the mechanics" and leave it at that.  A couple of players took that as their omen to bow out.

yeah, i had two rough PUGs yesterday.  Really glad we are getting new players.  Cosmic Council broke up though.  Anybody got a large active SG I can roll with so i don't have to team with the newbs?

No, really.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I think there are two options right now. 

A: Some flavor of Sovereignty

B: Be your own Super Group of One

Option B is awesome

I love my super group of one!  We get along for the most part and I almost always win in an argument.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Snarky said:

Cosmic Council broke up though.  Anybody got a large active SG I can roll with so i don't have to team with the newbs?

No, really.

Just over the last couple of days I saw two or three really hitting the general channel looking for members; one was even vig/villain-based.   Have to admit I thought about it... but then I'm also thinking about making my own... and retooling that Mercs MM... and fixing my current toon's build... and... and... and...

• Haha 1

Go have fun!

I was running solo and got bounced but saw that there were almost 400 players still on when I pulled up server stats (helpful btw).  and I was able to log right back in.

• Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

41 minutes ago, Spankea said:

I formed a Synapse defeat all +4x8 and at the start of the first mission the crash happened, and we came back as two teams of four.  Never saw that happen before.

first of all have you sought counseling?

you really hate yourself enough to +4 a Synapse?  really?

forget counseling.  go deep.  find a psychiatrist

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Snarky said:

"This is a game, a game of life and death."

FYI, we actually had a lot of fun.  It was a short 3:53 time with only 86 deaths.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Snarky said:

yeah, i had two rough PUGs yesterday.  Really glad we are getting new players.  Cosmic Council broke up though.  Anybody got a large active SG I can roll with so i don't have to team with the newbs?

No, really.

Wait...

what?

This is like the Illuminanti saying ...meh done.

• Haha 1

/e poofgone

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

I'm forming a Dr Q WST +4x8 defeat all right now if you want something fun to do. 

37 minutes ago, Spankea said:

I'm forming a Dr Q WST +4x8 defeat all right now if you want something fun to do. 

I see that posting     I have been very polite not to crap on it as you recruit.  You do you.   Stay away from me lol

Today I am continuing on with the toon I started 12/27.  New toon (dark dark corr) for 2023 to solo all Redside contacts.  Have done all 1-14, working at a steady pace on 15-20 today.  Also starting the 4 DiBs I need to keep those tasty buffs until level 30.  Have badged all winter except lady winter and still need 60 winter horde.  Not sure what level lady winter event is.  It may open this afternoon when i roll 20-24 content.  Or it may be a next winter badge.  

But I roll easy mode.  Well, soloing Redside on a Corruptor is not super difficult, but it is a walk in the park compared to what some of you maniacs do 😆 

3 hours ago, Spankea said:

I formed a Synapse defeat all +4x8 and at the start of the first mission the crash happened, and we came back as two teams of four.  Never saw that happen before.

hope you’re able to complete it before the eventual heat death of the universe 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

I see that posting     I have been very polite not to crap on it as you recruit.  You do you.   Stay away from me lol

Today I am continuing on with the toon I started 12/27.  New toon (dark dark corr) for 2023 to solo all Redside contacts.  Have done all 1-14, working at a steady pace on 15-20 today.  Also starting the 4 DiBs I need to keep those tasty buffs until level 30.  Have badged all winter except lady winter and still need 60 winter horde.  Not sure what level lady winter event is.  It may open this afternoon when i roll 20-24 content.  Or it may be a next winter badge.  

But I roll easy mode.  Well, soloing Redside on a Corruptor is not super difficult, but it is a walk in the park compared to what some of you maniacs do 😆 

2h 39m with 16 deaths, one person dropped early, so it was a seven person team that went pretty smoothly.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have two comments:

1.  On the iTrial my girlfriend was running last night, three people mapserved - all playing dark armor.  Knowing your affinity for dark armor, I wonder if that's what you were playing?

2.  A number of people have speculated that the increased player levels during the holidays, combined with the lack of a maintenance shutdown last Tuesday, is having a negative effect.  If so, the restart this morning should clear it up.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

4 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

I have two comments:

1.  On the iTrial my girlfriend was running last night, three people mapserved - all playing dark armor.  Knowing your affinity for dark armor, I wonder if that's what you were playing?

2.  A number of people have speculated that the increased player levels during the holidays, combined with the lack of a maintenance shutdown last Tuesday, is having a negative effect.  If so, the restart this morning should clear it up.

Was Running a Dark Dark....Corruptor.  So low did not even have Shadow Fall yet.  I really thought the game had crashed.  It mapserved three times, and each time took forever to sync back up.   No problems since.

Is anyone else having these mini-mapservers that interrupt what you're doing, but don't throw you out of the game?

Before the leaves fell off the trees, I was getting those several times a night.

• Thanks 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

And again last night a couple times.  Excel was north of 800 logged in.   Dropped in the middle of a +4 fight with an Aspect of Rularuu (or something) at the end of WWD pt5 just as we had him down to 10% or so health too.  Team came back as two teams on the same map, which was very strange.  But still was able to finish.

Another mapserv on a PI AV team a little later that dropped most of the team.

I blame Statesman.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/6/2023 at 8:28 PM, DoctorDitko said:

Before the leaves fell off the trees, I was getting those several times a night.

that's not good.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum