Would nudging the winter event's duration be an option?

CraterLabs

I was a little surprised to see the event was wrapped up today (my fault for not checking the release notes regularly, really), and I was wondering about how those things get scheduled, and if it might be viable to start it a couple days later so that it could last a few more days into the new year. I don't know if it's more of a technical "events have to end on certain days of the week, and going an entire extra week would be too long" kind of thing (which is fair), or if it was just a day that was picked to wrap it up (which, again, fair), so I thought I'd check on it.

Most events start and end dates are planned and programmed months in advance. 

Probably more work than it’s worth at this point. 

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

The winter event usually starts before winter officially does, and only lasts until the end of December... it's filled with Christmasy themes, but we're not supposed to call it the Christmas event because it's the Winter Event that doesn't last through winter.

• Confused 1

IIRC they didn't really do a release notes for the Winter Event this year  *shrug*  I'd like to see it last longer too, or be available in some form all year round (like what's-his-name the mission giver always in the ski chalet etc.).

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

4 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

IIRC they didn't really do a release notes for the Winter Event this year  *shrug*  I'd like to see it last longer too, or be available in some form all year round (like what's-his-name the mission giver always in the ski chalet etc.).

IIRC, it was asked for the Lord Winter Trial to at least be made available all year round, but a developer stated that, unlike the Summer Blockbuster, it was tied directly to the winter event and cannot be left on without leaving the whole winter event on 365 days a year, which would mean no Spring Fling event, no Halloween event, etc.

• Like 1

Still, the guy standing in the chalet isn't the same thing.  Plus hey, we do have the chalet year-round now.  But who knows how stuff is coded, sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I would be all for stretching out all holiday events.  

I wanted a new toon for 2023, bit I also wanted all Winter badges.  I finally settled on the toon 12/27.  Then needed (wanted) to grind every contact 1-19 redside to get the last winter mission to open up 20+ and fi ish winter badges. And 200 presents in a couple days while doing that kind of sucked.  Luckily there is a loop in Port Oakes that is about 10-11 long and pretty much recharges constantly 

Having the events at a more island time pace would just feel better imo.  Winterish time.  Springish time.  Halloween until Winter!   

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I would be all for stretching out all holiday events.  

I wanted a new toon for 2023, bit I also wanted all Winter badges.  I finally settled on the toon 12/27.  Then needed (wanted) to grind every contact 1-19 redside to get the last winter mission to open up 20+ and fi ish winter badges. And 200 presents in a couple days while doing that kind of sucked.  Luckily there is a loop in Port Oakes that is about 10-11 long and pretty much recharges constantly 

Having the events at a more island time pace would just feel better imo.  Winterish time.  Springish time.  Halloween until Winter!  

I started my new char with the same reasoning, though the last winter mission is the Lady Winter one?  I got that by hitching along with another char.

Started a bit earlier on Christmas Eve and got my 200 presents open by just running around, but they're going blue & red, so more opportunity for presents.

I didn't bother with the ones you needed to buy.

I'm OK with most of the winter event going away, but I do wish the Snow Beast costume was available a bit longer, and they could leave Atlas Park all snowbound for longer.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lemming said:

I started my new char with the same reasoning, though the last winter mission is the Lady Winter one?  I got that by hitching along with another char.

Started a bit earlier on Christmas Eve and got my 200 presents open by just running around, but they're going blue & red, so more opportunity for presents.

I didn't bother with the ones you needed to buy.

I'm OK with most of the winter event going away, but I do wish the Snow Beast costume was available a bit longer, and they could leave Atlas Park all snowbound for longer.

Lady Winter is the last one by level.  Although in hindsight I could have done it on my alt acct farmer with myself as a tag a long.  I thought it was open at 10, then 15, and just kept stubbornly fgrinding.  It was close to the end of the last night when I finished 15-19 and levelled and got it.  Self imposed drama.  Yes, I bought all badges with canes.  I did not dfefeat Snaptooth 5 times, just twice.  He will be back for Spring and I HATE BNY.  Long Story....

• Like 1