oh please, please put this on a COH billboard

voltaicsylph

wow. Player created billboards for the city would be pretty cool.

I'd like to see some of those "Earth For Humans!" signs replaced.

They are awful xenophobic. The Rikti aren't the only non-humans in THE CITY!

There are characters in City of Heroes from all over the place and many of them aren't humans. 

2022.11.10-09.35-boundingintocomics-636d

vlcsnap-2022-11-04-10h41m40s083.png?w=70

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

54 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

There are characters in City of Heroes from all over the place and many of them aren't humans. 

Get out, mutie!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

I agree there are some of us who didn't originate on earth!

But.. I don't care either, earth is humanities home and if some feel that way, its okay... doesn't hurt me any!

I wouldn't say... Rikti aren't human though, or alien of sorts...😉

- Xoza Shadow (@Xoza)

Ordo Imperialis / Xoza.net

Everlasting / Excelsior

Arconu1MqVyK.png | Yuri'ko9E28NED.png | Xoza8lnHKLt.png | Nebulum3f2lHyL.png | NovaeZOOTsRk.png | Nebulae9sfLlss.png | ChellnFRzS1G.png | Rayn7KPkl2C.png | MendalarafBfruXW.png | TesliaHPucq9J.png | CybernetBlbsQUx.png | Teras Kasih1GKuZo.png | ArcstalkerXdnlqXI.png | Bull RushNG0EFBL.png

My Costume Archive | My Characters & CreationsMy Binds/Macros | My Club

2 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

This could cause issues, especially if the creator snuck in something lewd or offensive, or otherwise tried to claim some sort of copyright/ownership later on.

22 hours ago, voltaicsylph said:

If you like it, send me the in-game size for billboards and I'll redo it in the correct aspect ratio 🙂

This ad came from an origin story for one of my toons 🙂

There are steps you can take to change the billboards yourself. I have never tried it myself, but it's discussed in a texture thread here:

• Thumbs Up 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

We agree, we believe there should better messages presented on Earth's billboards.

We petitioned for one to be placed in Steel Canyon... even did the work ourselves to place it up... yet some hero tore it down...

Just because we wish to conquer Earth does not mean vandalism is justified.

StandForEarth.png

Edited by Gruntuk
  • Haha 1

FBSA: The Grun'Tuk Empire

This account tends to post in character... be warned... or overjoyed.

On 1/17/2023 at 3:32 PM, voltaicsylph said:

If you like it, send me the in-game size for billboards and I'll redo it in the correct aspect ratio 🙂

This ad came from an origin story for one of my toons 🙂

Here is a link to a thread with links to the program I use (and have since live). The v1.3 build 350 is the one I use and I have many customized billboards. The ratios are as follows:  
Horizontal 4:1 512x128  (long and skinny, e.g. Pinnacle Apartments)
Horizontal 2:1 512x256 (most rectangular, e.g. Chris Jenkins attorney)
Vertical 1:2 256x512 (basic rectangle turned on its end, e.g. Major Flanders)
Vertical 1:4 128x512 (long skinny, but vertical, e.g. Red Beast energy drink)
Square 1:1 256x256 (square, e.g. Paragon City Pizza)

When you use Splasher, it give you the choice of which billboards to use. There is a checkbox "Apply to all textures in the selected category" - if you want different billboards, make sure this is unchecked. Then just pick which billboard you'd like to replace with yours, making sure the ratio is the same one you used to create it. It's a good idea to fly around and note where the original ones are so you know where yours will appear. 

I have custom log in screens, zoning screens, and the background for character selection/creation. You will end up needing both versions (see instructions in the thread at the link I posted above - it explains everything). I *love* Splasher. Please note this is CLIENT SIDE only, so the only one who will see your changes is you, unless you get others with which you share your textures to install them as well. 
Have fun! 

~ DawL

Edited by DawL
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later
On 1/30/2023 at 7:43 PM, voltaicsylph said:

biostem, I fully intended that folks turn in billboards to the Devs and they could decide which ones to post. I wouldn't want anyone to post offensive stuff!

I don't know...I can think of at least one burger joint that would find your billboard offensive.  😉