I thought this was impossible...

wolfshadow31

So I login to my banker today, and find out all the bids I had using level 53 LotG crafted enhancements filled?  I checked my other characters who used this strategy as well,  and their bids are all filled as well.  A quick scan of the auction house doesn't seem to show any other crafted 53 enhancements available for sale.  Can anyone shed some light on this?  I hadn't really played since the summer, but are attuned enhancements considered to go up to level 53 now or something?  I've been using this strategy since the original game to store cash which would put me over the 2 billion inf cap...

cohww.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wolfshadow31 said:

but are attuned enhancements considered to go up to level 53 now or something?

No attuned only go to 50.

Level 53 enhances are boosted enhancements, and they don't level down. If you aren't playing at level 53 or better, they don't work at all.

If you attuned a level 53 enhancement, you would be able to use it at levels down to where  you can slot it - but, at the same time, you would be making it an attuned enhancement that only goes up to level 50.

At least, as far as I know, this is correct.

I'm trying to find one of the +1 boosts for info about the, but I know they are around. They may only drop at level 50+

- Found it - 

Enhancement booster.jpg

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Enhancement_Booster_Salvage

Enhancement Boosters are Special Salvage available from the Reward Merit Vendor, Auction House, or as occasional drops. When applied to Invention Origin Enhancements (IOs), whether it is a set piece or a common piece, it increases the effectiveness of the enhancement by 5% per application, without changing the base level of the enhancement. IOs can be boosted by a maximum of 25%, or Level X+5.

To use this salvage, enter the enhancement management screen. Click on the power that contains the slotted IO. Once in the combine screen, click on the enhancement to boost. This will cause the enhancement to slide into the left combine slot and will cause the Enhancement Booster salvage to appear in this screen. Click the Enhancement Booster to cause it to slide into the right combine slot. Click Combine to complete.

Procs and Globals are unaffected; however if they come with an enhancement portion, the enhancement portion is boosted (for example, with the LotG: Def/+Rech, the defense is boosted but the recharge bonus is not). Attuned enhancements (such as Archetype Enhancements or Store-Bought Enhancements) cannot be boosted.

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

12 hours ago, wolfshadow31 said:

Can anyone shed some light on this?

See the above.

That was some serious Ebil Marketing to catch you on that one.

Let the race begin!

6a98c3626f6625f92e92df51056ca33c.gif

Someone saw the cheese and went for it.

Once they got the first really tasty bite, they went back to make more.

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, wolfshadow31 said:

It says LotG.   Haven’t removed them from the bought tab. I’m in contact with a GM, and he told me not to remove or slot them.  They are working on a fix for me. It seems it was a market problem and not an actual enhancement change.  

You have to put them back on the market, I sense a great unmet need for 53+5 pieces!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Level 53 enhances are boosted enhancements, and they don't level down. If you aren't playing at level 53 or better, they don't work at all.

No, this is wrong.  In fact, you directly contradicted it in a later part of your quote (below) where it says a booster works "without changing the base level of the enhancement."

2 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Enhancement Boosters are Special Salvage available from the Reward Merit Vendor, Auction House, or as occasional drops. When applied to Invention Origin Enhancements (IOs), whether it is a set piece or a common piece, it increases the effectiveness of the enhancement by 5% per application, without changing the base level of the enhancement.

Furthermore, you can't make level 53 enhancements by using boosters.  Boosting it 3 times does NOT make it level 53.  It makes it level 50+3 as shown in this screenshot.

53.JPG.60ed98bba3a3945a8b6f20001b6e7fbb.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

4 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Level 53 enhances are boosted enhancements

Boosters are stripped from enhancements when they're moved to the market window (deleted, not moved to your salvage storage), and the enhancement is restored to its crafted level.  TO/DO/SO/HOs can't be boosted, nor can any attuned enhancement (which includes Winter, Universal Damage and ATO).

Boosters don't alter the level of the enhancement.  A 50+3 IO is a level 50 IO with improved stats, not a level 53 IO.

Also, boosted IOs never "don't work at all" due to exemplaring.  If it's a set IO, you can lose set bonuses when you exemplar more than 5 levels below the crafted level, but not the effects of the IO itself.

If you attuned a level 53 enhancement

TO/DO/SO/HOs can't be attuned, IO recipes cap at 50 and crafted IOs don't drop.  

I'm trying to find one of the +1 boosts for info about the, but I know they are around. They may only drop at level 50+

Booster don't drop.  Merit vendor, super packs or market only.

At least, as far as I know, this is correct.

Well, you were right that attunement caps at 50.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I think something subtle changed in regard to bucketing, and it became possible for the market to satisfy bids for levels 51-53 with sale offers in the normal bucket ranges of 1-50+attuned.

And interestingly, on Friday I had noticed a big upsurge in purples sold from my own marketing. Several times more sales volume than I've seen before. I suspect think the OP's and others' billions did not go out to one person but to many, and for some of them it was an irresistible windfall which they then spent.

• Lead Game Master

*sigh* I was wondering when this would come to light.

Yes, this happened. Someone found a way to make level 53 IOs. I won't be getting into the how, as that gets into exploit discussion. However, we HAVE patched it, and the responsible parties have been dealt with. Buuuuut, since these are out there, and the KNOWLEDGE that this happened is also "out there" (I really should have seen this thread sooner >_>), I'd like everyone to keep in mind the following:

First off, these are Level 53 Invention Origin enhancements. Not Boosted IOs, not level 53 SOs, the "real deal". However, I put "real deal" in quotes, because, hilariously enough, they're NOT any more powerful than level 50s. So unfortunately, they're not even worth seeking out/slotting over a normal level 50.

Second, if you've found that you are the victim of this or a similar situation, please submit a support ticket with all the pertinent details, and we'll see what we can do for you.

Third, we recognize that, at the very least, any remaining items like this are a novelty and may be sought after regardless. However, we don't want ANY of these out there, on the off chance that someone forgets why they have an "Analyze Weakness" enhancement and tries to auction it off, only to accidentally rip off some other person of 2 billion inf. We ask that anyone coming into possession of a level 53 IO delete it (after you've submitted a ticket and we've responded to it, of course).

Finally, and leading from that last point, we still consider the creation and/or sale of these items to be an exploit. Anyone knowingly selling off a level 53 IO in hopes of snagging someone's stash, or trying to profit off their novelty, will not get the chance to enjoy their ill-gotten wares. Anyone purposefully seeking these out does so at their own risk, as we will not offer support (in the event of a mis-labled e-mail or the sender ripping you off), and may even take actions against the buyer's account(s) as well.

Hopefully, that covers everything that needs covering on this subject. I'll be closing this thread now; if anyone has any further questions or concerns on this subject, you can PM me directly. Thank you.

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!