Some tourists comes to Paragon

LegionAlpha

Okay, this was on my mind the last couple of days. with so many people in Paragon there has to be some tourists who come to the city to take pictures and catch a glimpse of their fav hero. Your on patrol and sees these tourists. Excited to see  you ask you a bunch of questions, the one that strikes you is "What advice could you give us to navigate this awesome city of yours"? 

BadMuthaBrutha:  Stay away from alleys, unless you wanna on Vaz butcher's choice menu.                                                                            

It's much safer to walk down the middle of any given street than the sidewalk. I know -- I know. Just trust me. The cars will miss you. The muggers won't.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

3 hours ago, Mjolnerd said:

It's much safer to walk down the middle of any given street than the sidewalk. I know -- I know. Just trust me. The cars will miss you. The muggers won't.

I mean, every block has like three or four muggings, but how many cars and trucks?  The law of averages make you safer in the street.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

20 hours ago, LegionAlpha said:

Okay, this was on my mind the last couple of days. with so many people in Paragon there has to be some tourists who come to the city to take pictures and catch a glimpse of their fav hero.

This makes me wonder - we obviously see superpowered individuals in the Rogue Isles, so besides the Rikti Attack and the subsequent construction of the war walls, there must be people with super powers all over the world in CoH, only Paragon City is kind of the nexus of it all...

• Thumbs Up 2

Tourism in Paragon City is probably a form of extreme sports adrenaline holiday. Absolute lunatics go to the city to personally witness superpowered activities, both heroic and villainous, and the rush of ending up as a hostage or largely unharmed victim is what everyone hopes for.

I can imagine surprisingly co-operative tourists getting mugged by Hellions or Skulls and just gushing about it like fanboys, asking to take selfies with their muggers because "I'll save to the cloud, I can get it later anyway dude."

...and the gangers cheerfully go along with it 'cause why not? 

• Thumbs Up 1

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

It seems likely that many students would study at Paragon University, or the Rogue Isles - given that they cater to meta humans and it would be a great starting place as someone with nascent or newly discovered powers. Research institutes would provide technologies to meta humans too.  That in itself brings in tourists - look at any major university town.

Meta-tourism would almost certainly be a thing - in the same way that people like to get off the beaten track and go look at other stuff. Remember there was a bit of a fad of poverty tourism too so it seems likely that there'd be cruises around the Rogue Isles (and a few related hijackings of cruise liners and similar piracy.) There's a story arc right there - it seems that Arachnos would enjoy the revenue tourists bring so might take a dim view of cruise ships being frightened off by ne'er do wells.

A friend asked me if I knew any Motown puns. I told him I know two or three, maybe four, tops!

2 hours ago, SaintD said:

Tourism in Paragon City is probably a form of extreme sports adrenaline holiday.

Yes, danger tourism!

Like the Running of the Bulls.

Or actually going to the place on the flyer the cabbie gives you when he picks you up at the airport in Thailand.

• Haha 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

11 hours ago, LegionAlpha said:

The major supergroup that Positron leading currently would be a magnet for tourists. 

Not sure if double metaphor 🙂

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

16 hours ago, SaintD said:

I can imagine surprisingly co-operative tourists getting mugged by Hellions or Skulls and just gushing about it like fanboys, asking to take selfies with their muggers because "I'll save to the cloud, I can get it later anyway dude."

After that back to trying to steal the purse from the super strong woman who won't give it up.  Sometimes I wonder (again)do they think to themselves, "Am I purse snatching from a super?" 

Oh? You came here for a spa retreat? Back to nature? That's interesting, I mean, a bit odd because it's Rhode Islan--wait, what was that address? Oh no. No. Do NOT go to Eden and please report your travel agent to the nearest authority.

• Haha 2

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

6 hours ago, Chrono-Bot said:

Oh? You came here for a spa retreat? Back to nature? That's interesting, I mean, a bit odd because it's Rhode Islan--wait, what was that address? Oh no. No. Do NOT go to Eden and please report your travel agent to the nearest authority.

*BING BOOOONG*

Welcome to the Paragon City International Airport. All new arrivals, domestic or international, are required to pass through customs and present their travel itinerary at the Paragon City Police Department check-in booth for inspection. This service is provided for the safety of all visitors to Paragon City, as certain areas may have become unsafe for travel or habitation during your flight. If your intended hotel or place of temporary residence is currently inaccessible, your bookings will have already been transferred to equivalent or superior facilities. Compensation for inconvenience or cancellation of important business may be available. Thankyou for your patience and co-operation, and please enjoy your stay in the city of heroes.

• Thumbs Up 1

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

On 2/26/2023 at 6:08 PM, biostem said:

This makes me wonder - we obviously see superpowered individuals in the Rogue Isles, so besides the Rikti Attack and the subsequent construction of the war walls, there must be people with super powers all over the world in CoH, only Paragon City is kind of the nexus of it all...

Ok, so I have this weird headcannon where there are so many supers in paragon/the isles because they're required to be there so that the rest of the country (world?) doesn't have to deal with this BS. That's why the walls and shields. That's why you can't just fly out of town. It's a giant Truman Show situation.

On 2/27/2023 at 1:27 AM, SaintD said:

Tourism in Paragon City is probably a form of extreme sports adrenaline holiday. Absolute lunatics go to the city to personally witness superpowered activities, both heroic and villainous, and the rush of ending up as a hostage or largely unharmed victim is what everyone hopes for.

This would just amplify the effect in my headcanon. The whole area is a themepark as far as the rest of the country is concerned.

As for my advice: Leave, if you can. If you can't, see about getting some gear, just in case. Armor, a weapon, a saferoom, anything to help. This place it crazy.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Good place to remind folks of the amazing City of Zeroes comic that ran for the first 4-5 years of live, recounting the adventures of a couple of hapless citz amid heroes and villains —

• Thumbs Up 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com