Salvage Inventory Suggestion. Modern problems require modern solutions.

The Salvage Inventory is severely outdated and clumsy, the idea is to change how the system handles stacks. For example rather than letting Kinetic Weapon (common) build up to x35 and taking up 35 slots of inventory instead let it limit common salvage to stack up to x10 and recognizing that stack as x1 in the inventory system equaling out to the total of 4 slots taken. Similar to how Merits are recognized as x1 no matter how many you have. This would allow players to easier maintain the inventory, be able to collect more salvage and distribute it much easier for crafting and AH. Examples.

Common salvage stacks up to x10 = 1 spot taken in inventory

Uncommon salvage stacks up to x5 = 1 spot taken in inventory

Rare salvage stacks like current = 1 spot taken inventory

Keeping the current system of x1 of rare salvage would counter abusing any sort of hording and balance out of the system. Sorry if this all sounds weird,  but I wanted to share this idea and get some feedback of what everyone else thought. Thanks!

I'm a +1 to this...It seems like the data structure already there for it with the merits...would take some overhauling of how salvage is managed both in inventory, and during crafting, but seems like it's worth while...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I'm a +1 to this...It seems like the data structure already there for it with the merits...would take some overhauling of how salvage is managed both in inventory, and during crafting, but seems like it's worth while...

I think it seems very possible with how the system already handles merits, threads etc.

Combine that with a large overhaul of salvage.  Since they are interchangeable on the AH get rid of all the individual salvage items and just have 3 salvage that can drop. Common, uncommon and rare. This would require a lot of work but would be a very nice qol change.

What exactly is the modern problem this would be solving?

I dont know I disagree with the suggestions, however, I am also wondering what modern problem is being discussed as well.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

The tediousness of moving stacks? Also, it'd be great if the slider auto-slid to the stack's current capacity instead of us having to constantly adjust it to correspond to the particular stack quantity.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

The tediousness of moving stacks? Also, it'd be great if the slider auto-slid to the stack's current capacity instead of us having to constantly adjust it to correspond to the particular stack quantity.

The suggestion is to make salvage take up different amounts of inventory space based on inventory. What's that got to do with what you're talking about?