Jump to content
The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Is There a Ranged Heavy Lifesteal Build?


dylliebug

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, dylliebug said:

I'm looking for a build that has the most Life steal potential/abilities.

(preferably a ranged build but anyone have a recommendation?

My Dark Dark Corr has two targeted drain / heal.  one team, one for me.  

 

This thing also drains power to boost damage and other neat Dark tricks.  THe build is in the Corruptor Forum, near the top

Edited by Snarky
  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, dylliebug said:

You think that has the most life steal in the game.

Dark definitely has the most life steal, and the Corr version has the two attacks that heal you/team.  There might be other combos where you could squeak out one more with a pool or something.  But Dark/Dark/Dark Corruptor is pretty much "drain you and use your life to make my life easier"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd toss consideration to kinetics depending on your definition of lifesteal. Kinetics drains energy (life force, strength, vitae, whatever you want to call it) and makes you a beast. Maybe dark blast/kin/dark mastery has the most.

 

Mind you kinetics gets best bang for it's buck in melee some people use it in ranged.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I'd toss consideration to kinetics depending on your definition of lifesteal. Kinetics drains energy (life force, strength, vitae, whatever you want to call it) and makes you a beast. Maybe dark blast/kin/dark mastery has the most.

 

Mind you kinetics gets best bang for it's buck in melee some people use it in ranged.

I made a mage tank theme, ranged tank.  Invul Kinetics.  It worked.  

 

Then there is the indisputable fact that Kinetics sucks.   It is just not in the way you are looking for.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I made a mage tank theme, ranged tank.  Invul Kinetics.  It worked.  

 

Then there is the indisputable fact that Kinetics sucks.   It is just not in the way you are looking for.

I assumed Seraphim was talking about the Kinetics that Defenders and the like get, not Kinetic Melee. Since in the "ranged" version, Kin uses Transfusion to siphon life.

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, tidge said:

Is this a Brute or Scrapper combo: Dark/Bio ?. The Primary offers Siphon Life, Dark Consumption, and Soul Drain. The secondary offers DNA Siphon and Parasitic Aura.

Nice. I have played Dark Dark Brutes but never ran Bio armor

 

This is one reason I give a lot of qualifiers….I tend to run themes rather than explore everything.  The only Bio concept I have is The Toxic Avenger from TROMA

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:

Dark Blast, Dark Melee, Dark Armor, Dark Miasma, Warshades, and Water Blast are the only sets I can think of that have a "lifedrain" type of power. The most you can get is 2, one in your primary and one in your secondary.

My human Warshade siphons off of enemies' deaths far more than she siphons off their life. 😛 (Yes, I know there's teh self-heal power, but far more of the powers use dead bodies). Though I suppose if you're a hero, you're siphoning off their life because heroes arrest and not kill.

  • Haha 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Snarky said:

The only Bio concept I have is The Toxic Avenger from TROMA

 

I have a DP/Bio sentinel that I should probably give another chance - Praetorian concept: Former Cop from some random Devoured city elsewhere who is only half-Devoured out of sheer will-power and the quest for justice that would culminate in taking out Cole if I ever get around to playing it again.

 

/Bio is the hardest for me to concept for, and to look at. The minimal graphics are okay, but the clicks still cover you in boogers, briefly, which still burns my eyes.

 

I've seen some amazing looks done with /Bio in game, but the set escapes me in the CC. One guy had a Space Warrior from the Lovecraftian Beyond thing going on in shades of Red/Black that looked great with the costume pieces in use, for example.

 

I've still not gotten far with one.

 

Edited by InvaderStych
editing is fun
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Snarky said:

I made a mage tank theme, ranged tank.  Invul Kinetics.  It worked.  

 

Then there is the indisputable fact that Kinetics sucks.   It is just not in the way you are looking for.

*Gasp

BLASPHEMER!!!

...

oh wait

  • Haha 1

/e poofgone

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, dylliebug said:

I'm looking for a build that has the most Life steal potential/abilities.

(preferably a ranged build but anyone have a recommendation?

 

I remember throwing a similar challenge at myself a while back, and went through Mids plotting build combos that seemed the most vampire-like. It wasn't just the search for the most "life steal" powers, though, since vampires historically tend to also have mental influence, some sort of darkness/shadow manipulation, invisibility, flight and sometimes even a bestial nature.

 

Unfortunately, there isn't a satisfying build in this game that is devoted to direct "take mob's hp and heal me with them" kinds of powers, so your options are to let the idea pass (something I've done a hundred times myself), or go deeper into the type of character you want to play, and lean into a broader theme to help you choose.

 

What theme are you going for? How would you want your character to look? What is their style of attack?

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dungeoness said:

Unfortunately, there isn't a satisfying build in this game that is devoted to direct "take mob's hp and heal me with them" kinds of powers, so your options are to let the idea pass (something I've done a hundred times myself), or go deeper into the type of character you want to play, and lean into a broader theme to help you choose.

 

What theme are you going for? How would you want your character to look? What is their style of attack?

 

Im going for a cosmic look, someone who's been around since the dawn of time who can take people's "life" and use it as energy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dylliebug said:

 

Im going for a cosmic look, someone who's been around since the dawn of time who can take people's "life" and use it as energy.

I would ask more about theme.  Two ideas jump right out at me.  My own Dark Dark Dark Corruptor.....and a ?/Kinetics Corruptor.  I know I said above Kinetics sucks, but that was directed at Kinetic Melee.  Kinetics for Defenders Controllers and Masterminds is a very Cosmic way to take peoples energy and use it as your energy.  Less pure evil vampire and more cosmic numberwang.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, dylliebug said:

 

Im going for a cosmic look, someone who's been around since the dawn of time who can take people's "life" and use it as energy.

I vote human-form Warshade. There are a lot of powers that are based on stealing "life" from your enemies.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I vote human-form Warshade. There are a lot of powers that are based on stealing "life" from your enemies.

I think we have a winner I didn't think of a Warshade or Peacebringer. What are the key differences between the two?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dylliebug said:

I think we have a winner I didn't think of a Warshade or Peacebringer. What are the key differences between the two?

 

 

Well, in terms of your concept, Peacebringers don't have any powers that take life and turn it into energy. I see PB's as being more "good/light" and WS's as more "evil/dark." That's not strictly true, of course, but they do operate different.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Well, in terms of your concept, Peacebringers don't have any powers that take life and turn it into energy. I see PB's as being more "good/light" and WS's as more "evil/dark." That's not strictly true, of course, but they do operate different.

 

Okay thank you I think I will go with a Warshade.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO COMMENTED

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dylliebug said:

I think we have a winner I didn't think of a Warshade or Peacebringer. What are the key differences between the two?

 

 

Many of the Warshade's powers depend on a continuous supply of enemies to keep them operating at full power. They are much weaker than Peacebringers when fighting a single, strong target like an AV if there aren't any bodies around to power them up. However, the WS has a higher peak performance than the PB if they are able to keep feeding off bodies. 

 

WS's human form doesn't have any mezz protection but PB does. 

 

WS's built-in travel powers are oriented around teleportation, whereas PB is about flight. You can of course take different travel powers from pools if you want. 

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dylliebug said:

Okay thank you I think I will go with a Warshade.

Before you get too invested in a warshade, please consider whether you are going to go with a human-only, 2-form, or tri-form type of character, as that will heavily influence the direction of said character...

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...