Tankiest Tanks?

mdarweesh

Rularuu are indeed, nasty critters. The chomping sound the eyeballs make still gives me shivers and I distinctly remember testing my SR tank against them at max diff and finding that I had to work REALLY hard to stay alive, but stay alive I did. Then again, I used to meditate by doing laps around the storm palace with my claws/sr scrapper...

14 hours ago, Linea said:

In normal play you don't need anywhere near these resist levels.

It's in the 801 tank thread.  Essentially the more resist you add, the higher your HP bar when it stops falling due to scaling resists.  The higher difficulties of 801 requires that to be much higher than standard content.  In 801.A, when I did it correctly, which was very difficult, it effectively drops to roughly half-health and stops.  Anytime it drops more than a fraction below the the scaling resists cap it out again.  Then I slowly start building it back up, until an other spike hits and drops it again. 

SR DM Tank - Prototype 801 - DN 2i - [i25].mxd 5.45 kB · 83 downloads

I don't remember when it changed, but was this prior to Rune's nerf?

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

Yes autohit cheats do suck.  One other that came to mind is one portion of one of the iTrials, I think the underground or whatever it is called, where the floor just keeps draining you as you walk down the hallways.  Thankfully I don't think there are many development cheats like that in the game.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

1 hour ago, Marshal_General said:

How much nrg/neg resist do you run with?

Looks like just base 28.25 for Nrg/Neg DR before the SR and Reactive Defense scaling DR kicks in. He's also sitting on 305% regen and 2471 2846 HP. (Accolades weren't turned on.)

With all that in play, even a +4 autohit fluffy can't dish out enough damage to kill me.

All that said, for the Werner rules ITF run I did, I hovered and took out each fluffy one at a time because I didn't want to risk and unlucky death but in normal play, I just hop in and get busy slicing up Rom without concern.

Another edit: Apparently I spend so much time ITFing that I've got Cimeroran Citizen on all 3 BZBs. So that's another 3.75% DR to everything, pushing the Nrg/Neg DR to 32% base.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

1 hour ago, Cirque said:

What would be the best tanker primary against Rularuu? 

It's been a long time since I've fought Rularuu in earnest, but I'd think anything with high resists and healing would be the counter to extreme to-hit. But Bill mentioned doing Storm Palace laps on a Claws/SR Scrapper, and I've done the same on several Scrappers, so I'd think any decent Tanker could handle at least that much.

Edited by Werner

3 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

All that said, for the Werner rules ITF run I did, I hovered and took out each fluffy one at a time because I didn't want to risk and unlucky death but in normal play, I just hop in and get busy slicing up Rom without concern.

My version of hopping in and getting busy is to charge through the crowd. By the time I hit the AVs, I'm at the aggro cap of trash mobs, allowing me to fight the AVs one or sometimes two at a time while maximizing Shield DPS. I can handle all four at once, but see no reason to.

5 hours ago, JayboH said:

I don't remember when it changed, but was this prior to Rune's nerf?

After the nerf you fill the gaps with Demonic and Wedding Band.   I never bothered to get them and actually fill the gaps before the change. Now days I'm doing dual (Demonic and Wedding Band) runs at least once a week.  I also have some alternate builds that don't use Rune, but push resists the old fashioned way, much as Werner suggested a page or so back.

19 hours ago, FUBARczar said:

... my SD Tank has been sturdier for 801.D than SR tanks.  ... SD, Invuln and Granite have outperformed SR ...

I've only seen one player pull SR off effectively in the higher tier 801s.  I personally drive SD instead.

11 out of 12 SR test runs I failed, usually in less than 5 minutes.  It's only that 12'th flawless run that went well past 30m.  When I say It's difficult to build and extremely difficult to drive, I do mean that. 

Edited by Linea
  • Like 2

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE.

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard*, ..., 801.5 Moderate**, ..., 801.6 Hard***, ..., 801.7 Four Star****, ... 801.F Death.

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

2 hours ago, Werner said:

My version of hopping in and getting busy is to charge through the crowd. By the time I hit the AVs, I'm at the aggro cap of trash mobs, allowing me to fight the AVs one or sometimes two at a time while maximizing Shield DPS. I can handle all four at once, but see no reason to.

that's what I do on my SD/DM tank, always trying to keep a crowd around me to saturate both shield and soul drain.

4 hours ago, Cirque said:

IDK for sure, but my Rad/Elec Brute does very well against them.

So I would say the answer is probably Elec, Rad, Dark, and then Bio and WP and then the rest

11 hours ago, Cirque said:

7 hours ago, FUBARczar said:

IDK for sure, but my Rad/Elec Brute does very well against them.

So I would say the answer is probably Elec, Rad, Dark, and then Bio and WP and then the rest

I'd put Dark high with its Psi resist. Probably tie Dark and Elec and Rad, then the rest further down.

Bio doesn't have any defense debuff resist and I don't remember them leaving lots of bodies.

Rularuu don't herd well, so anything that relies on tight groups (like WP) will get whittled down.

• 1 month later
On 6/2/2021 at 9:43 AM, FUBARczar said:

Invuln can cover that whole while having all the rest Invuln has to offer, While Stone is either or, and Non-granite Stone is inferior to every other Tank IMO

I made a Invuln/DM which softcaps def S/L/E/N/F/C and maxes out Resist to S/L/E/N and has reaches 72% resist to psi with the +Res Proc and with capped HP.  I will take that Invuln over any Stone tank every day of the week, and twice on Sundays. No -rech, no -dmg, no -movement, no changing forms, etc, etc.

And the same goes for Shield IMO, well and every other set 😜

can you share your invuln/dm tank with me? I just rolled up Wally Funk as an Invuln/DM and wanted a peep at your build 🙂image.thumb.png.fe2a2d02e794ca6f12e499bfadb1a3e2.png

• Thumbs Up 1