Make Traps FFG non-colliding

I don't know if I'm just encountering more situations where it bites me in the ass or what, but over the weekend, I continually had door missions with my Grav/Traps Controller where I entered a room or chamber, verified that it was empty, and turned around to leave but was blocked by my Force Field Generator being in the way, and had to move deeper into the room to get it to follow me instead of sitting in the doorway (and in one case summoning a new one because I couldn't move in far enough to get it out of my way). I would like to have the FFG considered for removing its collision box like the MM pets.

• Thumbs Up 4

24 minutes ago, Arbegla said:

Make it a permanent pet while you're  at it. I mean, all of the other temp pets (Gun Drone, Volantic Sentiall, etc) are permanent pets too.

No, they aren't. Gun Drone has a duration of 90 seconds. Only mob FFGs and gun drones are permanent pets, even if their creators are defeated. Or are you asking to make PC versions permanent too? Which I could definitely get behind....

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

No, they aren't. Gun Drone has a duration of 90 seconds. Only mob FFGs and gun drones are permanent pets, even if their creators are defeated. Or are you asking to make PC versions permanent too? Which I could definitely get behind....

Well, Voltaic Sentinel was turned into a toggle, which is the only way it's permanent (and which still annoys me, frankly)  - it wasn't permanent before. Making the other two toggles would work, too, since they're not really "pets" like, say, Jack Frost or other control set pets. They're more mobile gadgets.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

9 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Well, Voltaic Sentinel was turned into a toggle, which is the only way it's permanent (and which still annoys me, frankly)  - it wasn't permanent before. Making the other two toggles would work, too, since they're not really "pets" like, say, Jack Frost or other control set pets. They're more mobile gadgets.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I would be in favor of them being turned into toggles. Didn't mean I would be in favor of 1-click permanent FFG. Sorry.

1 hour ago, Arbegla said:

Make it a permanent pet while you're  at it. I mean, all of the other temp pets (Gun Drone, Volantic Sentiall, etc) are permanent pets too.

You can slot it to make its duration equal to or greater than the power recharge, but the gun drone self destructs after a short while.  As others have pointed out, Voltaic Sentinel is more of a toggle "option" than a pet.  The precedent seems to be that only controller/dominator/mastermind primary set pets are permanent, as even a defender's dark servant is not permanent...

16 minutes ago, biostem said:

You can slot it to make its duration equal to or greater than the power recharge, but the gun drone self destructs after a short while.  As others have pointed out, Voltaic Sentinel is more of a toggle "option" than a pet.  The precedent seems to be that only controller/dominator/mastermind primary set pets are permanent, as even a defender's dark servant is not permanent...

Even the MM's Dark Servant isn't permanent. I get what you are saying though. Just felt the need to point that out.

Edit: Whoops. I missed the "primary" in "primary set pets". ... actually... I missed the "primary set pets" in "primary set pets"....

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'd actually prefer Gun Drone not to be a perma-pet as currently you can get 2-3 of them out at a time depending on level of recharge.

• Like 2

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Well back to original topic .. this and make it for every (moving) pet the same treatment that MM henchmen got.

Had lately a TF with many Controller/Dominators and their Pets blocking doors/small passageways was very annoying.

Greetings

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

16 hours ago, Rudra said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I would be in favor of them being turned into toggles. Didn't mean I would be in favor of 1-click permanent FFG. Sorry.

If FFG was a toggle, it would suppress when you got mezzed.  So this would actually be a nerf in disguise.

• Thumbs Up 2

What this team needs is more Defenders

2 hours ago, Psyonico said:

If FFG was a toggle, it would suppress when you got mezzed.  So this would actually be a nerf in disguise.

FFG also provides mez protection, so having it be a toggle would be very similar to the dispersion bubble that FF and Sonic have already. Its basically the same power, just coming from a pet instead of the player anyways.

On 4/6/2023 at 11:11 AM, Arbegla said:

FFG also provides mez protection, so having it be a toggle would be very similar to the dispersion bubble that FF and Sonic have already. Its basically the same power, just coming from a pet instead of the player anyways.

If you were to get slept, the defense from Dispersion Bubble gets suppressed, this is not the case for FFG, since it's not a toggle.

What this team needs is more Defenders