Just Wing it

time for my monthly ridiculous request that nobody needs.

#1 Can We get an option to either choose a different wing for each side? kinda like what they did for arms/shoulders

#2 If #1 isn't viable can we get the option to recolor each wing separately?

#3 Wing burst! can we get an option for wings to vanish/reappear when flying VS nonflying?

• Like 3

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

4 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

#3 Wing burst! can we get an option for wings to vanish/reappear when flying VS nonflying?

I do this with costume changes.

But I do understand you are talking about them being completely concealed when a flight power isn't activated.

Even though mechanical wings fold down when not "in use", I use the costume changes to remove them from my characters' costumes completely.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

How would that be power creep? We can already buy travel powers from P2W. We are already awarded travel powers for logging off at the correct places. The ability to make wings disappear when not in use and then appear when in use does not grant the character any sort of mechanical advantage. It is purely cosmetic.

10 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

#1 Can We get an option to either choose a different wing for each side? kinda like what they did for arms/shoulders

#1 sounds good.  They'd probably have to exclude wings that have a shared central joint, like some of the tech wings.

For #2, it'd probably have to follow the same limitation as #1.

I presume that in order to hide the wings when not flying, a wholly new version of each wing would have to be introduced, and they'd either just appear out of nowhere or require new animation work.  You'd probably be better off with binding a key to trigger a costume change when (de)activating flight...

Edited by biostem

1 minute ago, biostem said:

#1 sounds good.  They'd probably have to exclude wings that have a shared central joint, like some of the tech wings.

For #2, it'd probably have to follow the same limitation as #1.

I presume that in order to hide the wings when not flying, wholly new version of wings would have to be introduced, and they'd either just appear out of nowhere or require new animation work.  You'd probably be better off with binding a key to trigger a costume change when (de)activating flight...

What if it worked similar to combat auras? I think it would be waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy more complicated to code, but cloning and adapting code from the combat auras since those check to see if the character is in combat status to trigger rendering them could be used to see if the character is in flight or leaping to trigger rendering and animating the wings.

6 minutes ago, Rudra said:

What if it worked similar to combat auras? I think it would be waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy more complicated to code, but cloning and adapting code from the combat auras since those check to see if the character is in combat status to trigger rendering them could be used to see if the character is in flight or leaping to trigger rendering and animating the wings.

But auras can only take 1 color, and definitely don't have an option for right & left.  Maybe a better option would be to have an aura that performs a costume change when in combat, then reverts you once out of combat...

1 hour ago, biostem said:

But auras can only take 1 color, and definitely don't have an option for right & left.  Maybe a better option would be to have an aura that performs a costume change when in combat, then reverts you once out of combat...

I'm just talking about cloning the part of the combat aura code that checks to see if you are in combat or not. Adapting that part of the code to the wings should be feasible for having the wings appear and disappear depending on what you are doing. As for color and type options, that would need to borrow from the current asymmetrical code being used on othr costume options.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

I'm just talking about cloning the part of the combat aura code that checks to see if you are in combat or not. Adapting that part of the code to the wings should be feasible for having the wings appear and disappear depending on what you are doing. As for color and type options, that would need to borrow from the current asymmetrical code being used on othr costume options.

I really just want to have a system in place to change costumes upon entering combat and when exiting...

I just realized all the devs would ahve to do is create a new set of wings from the old set of wings like with the auras. The current set of wings and the Flight Only wings. Wings already check to see if flight is active on the character to animate.

8 hours ago, Rudra said:

I just realized all the devs would ahve to do is create a new set of wings from the old set of wings like with the auras. The current set of wings and the Flight Only wings. Wings already check to see if flight is active on the character to animate.

just like some of the path auras don't animate while in flight but in reverse i guess?

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

8 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

just like some of the path auras don't animate while in flight but in reverse i guess?

Well, more like how auras have the option to always be on (on specific body parts or as a whole) or to only turn on when combat starts (on specific body parts or as a whole). Wings already check to see if the character is leaping (they spread) or flying (they flap if appropriate or have active exhaust). So the simplest solution would be to make a second set of the wings in the game. Choose Demon Wings (Normal) and they work as they currently do. Choose Demon Wings (Flight Only) and they are not even rendered unless you are flying. No need for fancy coding beyond hiding and showing the wings in flight. Just some renaming and duplication.

Edit: Just like how we have access to both the original not animated tails and the newer animated tails in the tails menu for our characters.

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1

• 1 month later
On 4/5/2023 at 6:59 AM, Saiyajinzoningen said:

Yes for all of these. Assymetrical wings with options of different colors and on/off with flight.

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

"The secure laptop in the lab. A prototype plasma hand cannon. Four quantum grenades, a phase field generator, a handful of tracking devices, Rauth's briefcase, body armor, a satellite phone, two SSDs, a Beretta 9mm, and my lunch."

On 4/5/2023 at 12:59 PM, Saiyajinzoningen said:

kennyomega-onewingedangel-blogroll-16746