Morality/Tips question

Autumn

Just started playing again recently. So, how are alignment missions and morality missions working nowadays? I see some different notes on patches and in threads. 20 hour timer per 5 tips? Hero/Villain merits? What about if I play as a Rogue/Vigilante?

In the homecoming environment, Hero and villain merits are no longer really a thing. All alignment missions reward 40 merits a pop.

Hero/Villain Merits are good for storing lots of merits in one place and for transferring them to other characters.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

In the homecoming environment, Hero and villain merits are no longer really a thing. All alignment missions reward 40 merits a pop.

Hero/Villain Merits are good for storing lots of merits in one place and for transferring them to other characters.

I don’t think they even generate these anymore...just the reward merits.  I’m like 90% sure

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I don’t think they even generate these anymore...just the reward merits.  I’m like 90% sure

They are not awarded as rewards for anything, but your friendly neighborhood merit vendor can convert 50 merits into 1 hero or villain merit, and vice versa.

If you want to transfer 300 merits to an alt, this can be quite helpful.

Well, I've never done it myself, but since I buy a lot of super packs I always have merits in e-mail already.  People buy enhancements with them or converters to convert things into other things -- anything the merit vendor sells.

Sure, that makes sense.  But I'm a heck of a lot more likely to mail the things bought with the merits than I am to send the merits themselves.

It's just one of those changes where, fine, they did it, but I don't get the point behind it.