Patience pays off in Lady Grey

Yup...we got to that point in Lady Grey yesterday and realized there were not enough holds for Greens

One person dropped once things got hard.

But ....

We persevered. Just needed to get that first one down.

Took a bit, but we did 🙂

Finished off greens and Hami

StillcCompleted tf in 33 minutes 

• Thumbs Up 5

/e poofgone

Nice job! Situations like this are what made me start considering taking an epic pool hold on toons that don't naturally have access to the option. They end up being far more valuable in general gameplay as well than one would perceive.

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

57 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

So you were able to bring it down with pure DPS?  I have at times wondered if the whole team bought candy canes off the /ah and went and bought the holiday Golden Rings power (that's possible to do year round, no?) if that could be made to work in a pinch.

12 minutes ago, carroto said:

So you were able to bring it down with pure DPS?  I have at times wondered if the whole team bought candy canes off the /ah and went and bought the holiday Golden Rings power (that's possible to do year round, no?) if that could be made to work in a pinch.

Not really

We had three with area holds

and I had a temp immob

It took a good bit, may 10 minutes on that first one

/e poofgone

3 hours ago, biostem said:

Still, I would like to see more of a warning provided for this TF - maybe grant temp powers to compensate for a team that lacks enough holds or something...

There are a lot of ways to get past the mitos, even without control AT's. Hold procs (unslot enhancements and slot the procs in), temp powers, even the origin attack power that has a hold effect (go to pocket D and exchange at the P2W vendor), etc. I think no temp powers should be provided; not only is it wholly unnecessary, it would be good for the community so that ingenuity and foresight are rewarded a little, as opposed to laziness and entitlement.

For the OP, well done.

11 hours ago, Zect said:

I think no temp powers should be provided; not only is it wholly unnecessary, it would be good for the community so that ingenuity and foresight are rewarded a little, as opposed to laziness and entitlement.

I disagree. [Temporary Powers.Envenomed Dagger] is probably the biggest temp power game changer; I feel that if the game isn't broken with these existing, I don't think a Temporary power with a Hold effect is the end of the world.

Personally: I'd like to be able to buy a P2W temp power that offers an Immobilize, like a single-target web grenade.

• Thumbs Up 1

Obviously nobody punched it hard enough. Punch anything hard enough and it'll "hold" them. (PSA: do not test this in the real world)

• Haha 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

On 5/19/2023 at 4:45 PM, JasperStone said:

Yup...we got to that point in Lady Grey yesterday and realized there were not enough holds for Greens

One person dropped once things got hard.

But ....

Took a bit, but we did 🙂

Finished off greens and Hami

StillcCompleted tf in 33 minutes 

For future reference, it's probably possible, though not easy, to pull out all the stops and punch out Hami even through the green heals. This should make it a little less stressful to take out the greens, though you'll also have to hunt down all the buds from when the nucleus pops.

On 5/20/2023 at 2:04 PM, tidge said:

[Temporary Powers.Envenomed Dagger] is probably the biggest temp power game changer; I feel that if the game isn't broken with these existing, I don't think a Temporary power with a Hold effect is the end of the world.

I don't think anything you're saying here necessarily disproves Zect's argument. Envenomed Daggers remove a lot of creativity for taking down tough targets.

I like having the option, but I recognize in many cases I'm taking the cheap way out.

6 minutes ago, nihilii said:

I don't think anything you're saying here necessarily disproves Zect's argument. Envenomed Daggers remove a lot of creativity for taking down tough targets.

I like having the option, but I recognize in many cases I'm taking the cheap way out.

We also have purchasable temporary powers for all sorts of things, including AoE attacks, travel, and Survivability/Offense/Defense buffs. Why draw the line at P2W Holds?

• Thumbs Up 1

You don't have to draw the line at P2W holds. You could make the case purchasable powers that are currently available remove ingenuity from the game.

But in general, it's a weak argument to lump everything together. You want to look at the absolute strength of each option. i.e. Gabriel's Hammer is not really better than your attacks, but Envenomed Daggers are definitely high up in the reward:risk curve compared to most other options.