Battle Axe!

StriderIV

I've paired Axe with Bio, Energy, Ice, Electricity, Dark, and now enjoying it most with Ninjitsu. Currently in the low-40's and soft-capped to all positions with a decent amount of +Rech bonuses. 

I have the +End power 6-slotted with Preemptive Optimization for the +Ranged Def bonus and it gives me just over 3/4 blue bar back. That's about two full attack rotations and it recharges by the time I need it again.

It's fun! Sneak in, chop everything down, then sneak some more.  I liked Nin the most because the +end doesn't need enemies. With Axe I've usually defeated nearly everyone by the time I'm running out of End and I can top myself up whether there aren't any foes or just a couple. 

• Like 1

Sorry, that name is taken!

image.png.2501fd39df8b797ecc22382825f0beba.png

• Haha 1

SCRAPPER: Sir Kit Breaker-Elec/Shield *DumDum Pounder-WM/Shield *Snoglobe-Claws/Ice *Ice Flow Joe-Axe/Ice *TANK: Gamma Goon-Rad/Rad *Bernjamin Tanklin-fire/claws *Skullgrin Von Killjoy-Invul/SS *Frozen Snowshoo-Ice/Ice Quarry Goon-Stone/SS *BRUTE: Megahertz Donut-EM/Shield *Ohm Ahgerd Stone/Elec *Shadow Goon-Dark/Dark *Devilaint Le'Z-Rad/Fire *STALKER: Double OHM 7-EM/EA *Sir Kit Interupt-Elec/Shield *TROLLER: Chilly Lilly-Ice/Rad *Chlorophyllis Vance-Plant/Storm *Mechamoo-Elec/Cold *Johnny Burnsalot-Fire/Kin *Countess Gone-Ill/Dark *Lady Gone-Dark/Dark *Calpernia Tomik-Ill/Rad *Porkchop Scallywag-Fire/Nat *Gone Daddy-Plant/Dark *Merrie Melody-Symp/Dark *Toot Sweet-Fire/Dark *Lord Gone-Grav/Dark *Misty Burnsalot-Fire/Storm *Maddie Burnsalot-Fire/Rad *DOM: Scorched Eartha-Earth/Fire *Gazebo Malarkey-Dark/Psi *Clawsin Bloom-Plant/Savage *Diatomaceous Earl-Plant/Thorn *Permafrostasha-Plant/Ice *Corn Cob Earth/Earth *MM: Stupid Robot-Bot/Elec *Dark Leader-Demons/Dark *Silas Greenback-Thugs/Time *FENDER: *Dr. Gone-Dark/Dark *BAG3L-FF/Sonic *BLASTER: PinPointress-Arch/TA *Shimmy Burnsalot-Fire/TA *Lil Beefy-Ice/Fire *H0TT-fire/fire *CORRUPTOR: Shady Burnsalot-Fire/Dark *Kinetic Koala-Ice/Kin *Atmospheric Hazel-Water/Storm *Hami Dum-Seismic/Nature *MiHami Heat-Fire/Nature *SOA *Big Gravy-Crabbermind *Sentinel: NP Seymour-Elec/Regen

• 3 weeks later

I created and maxed-out an Axe/Stone scrapper.

VERY hard to hit (soft-capped DEF), decent resistance, in excess of 200% recharge most of the time due to +Recharge procs, brutal damage output (with control via Whirling Axe and Mud Pots), no major endurance issues, 67% to-hit debuff resistance, 100% slow resistance.

In order to make the single-hand weapon look work, I made him a mutated old-timey miner with a pick-axe. 🙂

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later
On 6/29/2023 at 1:18 PM, Anthraxus said:

I created and maxed-out an Axe/Stone scrapper.

VERY hard to hit (soft-capped DEF), decent resistance, in excess of 200% recharge most of the time due to +Recharge procs, brutal damage output (with control via Whirling Axe and Mud Pots), no major endurance issues, 67% to-hit debuff resistance, 100% slow resistance.

In order to make the single-hand weapon look work, I made him a mutated old-timey miner with a pick-axe. 🙂

I have a concept for a axe/stone character and have been looking for a build.  Would you mind sharing?  Thanks!

You guys are way behind on the Axe trend. That was very 2020.

Now whirlwind is the new cool. Don't miss out and pick up whirlwind today!

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

On 7/20/2023 at 5:20 PM, Texman said:

I have a concept for a axe/stone character and have been looking for a build.  Would you mind sharing?  Thanks!

I'll try to put the build together for you.

Edit: Ok, Mids isn't exporting a valid build, so I created a build image.

Axe_Stone_Scrapper.png

Edited by Anthraxus
Added content by request
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later
On 6/2/2023 at 7:19 AM, Sovera said:

Someone was praising Axe/Ninja Scrapperinos so I took a look at it... and it's actually... pretty nice looking?

Defence capped at level 32 (or 28 if Combat Jumping is swapped for Fly)... Ok, ok, not 28/32 because if leveling then stats are scaled down and some bonuses are not at full strength, but anything bordering 40% is already near invulnerable at those levels anyway, plus a heal, and endurance recovery, and no need for the Fighting pool.

I did put an FF proc in Swoop which may be dubious since it's the heavy hitter and we want it to hit like a truck, but my reasoning is that Axe simply needs four attacks to have a gapless chain. The FF proc when it decides to trigger will make Chop not needed. Placing the FF in Swoop gives more time for the FF proc to make both Cleave and Swoop recharge faster instead of placing it in Gash (or Chop) that would give the FF proc less time to work its magic and whittle the recharge of the two heavy hitters. Keeping Chop slotted still allows it to be used for leveling, exemplaring, and when the FF proc does not activate.

For single target then Cleave, Swoop, Gash, Chop-if-FF-proc-did-not-proc, repeat.  For AoE Cleave, Pendulum, Axe Cyclone, repeat.. which is nice.

I'm somewhat tempted in not taking Cleave though. Cleave hits like a massive truck, but 2.5 second animation and the very reason a 4th attack is needed. Swoop, Gash and Chop can loop perpetually. It does feel a bit sacrilegious though when we see the Mids numbers of 843-without-BU.

My problem so far is that both Axe and Ninja need a lot of powers so everything from Hasten to travel powers gets pushed back to the 30s, but someone who decides to level with no travel powers (since Kiji-in Rin gives run speed and jump height which will work well with CJ and Sprint/Athletic Run) or Super Jump can make things work better.

Five powers left and eight slots, so go wild:Scrapper (Battle Axe - Ninja).mbd

I recently ran a Battle Axe/SR character, and while leveling them up was a bit of a slog (SR being very end-hungry), they're now at 50 and IO'd and are INSANELY fun. The attack chains for BA are so damn satisfying, specifically the knockdown from cleave and the straight ragdolling from swoop, pretty much makes most targets helpless. Having an absolute blast running this character. End issues still prevalent, so I'm fairly certain Ageless is a hard requirement.

• Like 1

• 4 months later
On 6/12/2023 at 5:23 PM, ninja surprise said:

I've paired Axe with Bio, Energy, Ice, Electricity, Dark, and now enjoying it most with Ninjitsu. Currently in the low-40's and soft-capped to all positions with a decent amount of +Rech bonuses. 

I totally forgot about this toon, I'm going to have to dig it up and see how I like it now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later
On 5/28/2023 at 6:53 PM, StriderIV said:

Ok, so I’ve always been a sword guy over an Axe or Hammer.

That being said, I’ve seen so many threads on how much fun/solid the new Battle Axe is, so I have to give it a whirl. Tell me about your Battle Axe experience!

What do you like about it?

Are there any specific secondaries you’d suggest to pair with it?

I was THINKING something that helps with endurance, like Bio Armor, Rad Armor or Energy Aura.

On the flip side, BA/Shield probably looks super epic. I could see it being a huge endurance hog though.

You'll DEFINITELY need it until they fix pendulum UGHHH. It STILL has almost DOUBLE the end/rech that it should have for the new nerfed damage that it has. It's recharge is 15 and end is 14.35. It has the same 2s cast time, and does just 9% more damage than slice on broadsword does, which is on an 8s recharge and 8.53 end and still hits the same 5 targets.

They really still need to fix this power as it's just ruining the set from being pretty much perfect, especially on endurance. Its cone before had no problems hitting the 5 targets, but they had to make it taoe so it wasn't un-synergistic with axe cyclone, but the power basically still works the same. Given the set synergy and *slight* bit more ease of use I could see having maybe a little more end/rech, closer to maybe 10 end and recharge, but definitely not the 15 end/rech that it has now. It's really bad 😕 and they need to fix it asap.

It's aggravating me to no end that they haven't fixed this yet, or even that they let it go live with such terrible stats as is either. They need to fix this ASAP.