Where is Storm Cell needed?

1 hour ago, Col. Kernel said:

Thanks.

It's weird, I swear I've seen mobs take the bonus damage from Storm Cell when I swear they're outside the AoE.

How far outside are we talking?  I've not tested it, but perhaps the invisible boundary is a bit farther than the invisible one.

There's also the possibility, as I understand it anyway, that one could make a hit on an NPC under another's Storm Cell and get the bonus damage.

25 minutes ago, Techwright said:

How far outside are we talking?  I've not tested it, but perhaps the invisible boundary is a bit farther than the invisible one.

There's also the possibility, as I understand it anyway, that one could make a hit on an NPC under another's Storm Cell and get the bonus damage.

It may be a possibility (oh how I wish!), but I don't believe it's intended behavior.  @KyaBuu (I think) tested it and their test came up negative.

• Like 1

Storm Cell works best when the victim is in Lightning Prison. If you're unsure how to keep them locked in to Lightning Prison, use a Thunder Bolt

• Haha 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

On 6/9/2023 at 9:19 AM, Col. Kernel said:

Thanks.

It's weird, I swear I've seen mobs take the bonus damage from Storm Cell when I swear they're outside the AoE.

Wonder to if it's a targeting activation thing similar to the "guided" missiles that following targets around or through a corner to hit.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Wonder to if it's a targeting activation thing similar to the "guided" missiles that following targets around or through a corner to hit.

this game has a lot of "I got you" effects that only apply a few seconds later.  in combat that seems long.  Ha ha.  I made it to safety.  you cant touch me.  I'm dead?

6 hours ago, Snarky said:

this game has a lot of "I got you" effects that only apply a few seconds later.  in combat that seems long.  Ha ha.  I made it to safety.  you cant touch me.  I'm dead?

They shootin'!!  They shootin'!!   Wooo, I made it around the corner just in time!

** snipe attack bends and then travels through the wall **

I'm dead.  Someone give me a wakie.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Snarky said:

Tom Waits has a song about this. 

BTW, it's awesome to leave town for the weekend and leave this playing at full volume in the barracks to torture the jackass who was remanded to station for being thiefy.

• Haha 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

On 6/12/2023 at 4:26 AM, roleki said:

Tom Waits has a song about this. 

BTW, it's awesome to leave town for the weekend and leave this playing at full volume in the barracks to torture the jackass who was remanded to station for being thiefy.

Faith No More had two songs [1, 2] about this on a single album!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Herotu said:

Faith No More had two songs [1, 2] about this on a single album!

Acceptable!  I wish FNM would settle their differences with Jim Martin, they've been pretty bland without him.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

On 6/9/2023 at 9:19 AM, Col. Kernel said:

Thanks.

I bet they were inside when the power started activating.