Events Calendar not working?

I thought we'd got a calendar here but I looked in the pull down and we have Events, but it seems to be non-functioning.

Seems to me a user editable calendar where events can be posted might be a useful addition to the fora!

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

• Lead Game Master

Events page/calendar is working fine for me, too.

This thread technically belongs in website feedback, but I'll keep it in general for another day or two for visibility before I move it. I'd like for others to chime in and see if the events page works for them or not.

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

12 hours ago, Glorious said:

The other link doesn't work for me either, but this one does: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/events/27-weekly-strike-targets/?view=month

Edit: Only for WSTs tho

That link worked for me too

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

8 hours ago, GM Impervium said:

This thread technically belongs in website feedback,

I didn't know such a place existed

Worked for me.  Never seen it before and it wasn't terribly legible, but it was there, at least.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 7/6/2023 at 11:21 PM, Michiyo said:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/events/2023/7/ This works for me, do you get an error?

Doesnt work. Gives the error specified above.

On 7/8/2023 at 5:56 AM, Glorious said:

The other link doesn't work for me either, but this one does: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/events/27-weekly-strike-targets/?view=month

Edit: Only for WSTs tho

Works for that specific link but clicking all or some(not all) other options from the drop down will then go to an error page.

On 7/8/2023 at 9:41 AM, GM Impervium said:

Events page/calendar is working fine for me, too.

This thread technically belongs in website feedback, but I'll keep it in general for another day or two for visibility before I move it. I'd like for others to chime in and see if the events page works for them or not.

You're also using an account that has all permissions set etc.  That variable may be a factor?

• Lead Game Master

I think I've figured out the issue and reported it to the admin staff. Fingers crossed that I'm right and they can do something. Unfortunately, the sample size is pretty small, but so far, it seems the only people who can view the events page are those who access the site from within the continental US.

Which means it's gone to the Americans. Probably due to jerk hackers duppin' rares >_<

Edited by GM Impervium
clarification

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

8 hours ago, GM Impervium said:

I think I've figured out the issue and reported it to the admin staff. Fingers crossed that I'm right and they can do something. Unfortunately, the sample size is pretty small, but so far, it seems the only people who can view the events page are those who access the site from within the continental US.

Which means it's gone to the Americans. Probably due to jerk hackers duppin' rares >_<

If there are distinctions being made by those who are from specific locales, that's rather... disappointing and hopefully doesnt become a precedent for other considerations.

I highly doubt any location based discrimination was done purposefully,  if at all.  My guess would be the ISP on the websites hop off the continent has something blocked that the event calendar is using,  assuming that Impervium  is correct with his investigation.

To add 1 more to the small sample,  it works for me and i am in the US.

• Lead Game Master
12 hours ago, Sanguinesun said:

If there are distinctions being made by those who are from specific locales, that's rather... disappointing and hopefully doesnt become a precedent for other considerations.

Nah, it's a bug, and apparently we'll have it fixed soon 😃

• Thumbs Up 2

GM Impervium

Works for me on Firefox 114.0.2 (64 Bit) (Dont Use Chrome) on both my Windows 7 machines.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

• 3 months later

the bug either was never fully fixed or its back again.

Only Glorious Link works

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

When I click on Forums -> Servers -> Excelsior -> Excelsior Player-Led Event Calendar, I get a not so helpful view that seems to indicate there is only a Hami Raid today, and another on Saturday. I know that's not true.

If I then click the "Monthly" button at the top, I get a slightly more helpful monthly view of every frickin' thing going on anywhere on Homecoming.

If I then drop down "All Calendars" and select "Excelsior Player Led Events" I finally get the view I hoped to have gotten on step 1 of this journey.