Lightning Clap power des. in game incorrect

Greycat

Had someone ask about this in help - they were using lightning clap and it was knocking stuff back (as it does.) They were looking at the power description at the bottom - where it shows:

50% chance for 1.0 mag stun for (time) on target.)

30.78 fire damage on target - only using fiery embrace. (So far so good.)

2.00 mag stun for 9.54 on target (only using fiery embrace)

4.15 mag knock on target (only using fiery embrace.)

So they were getting confused as to why it was knocking stuff around, as they don't have FE. They asked about it in help, and most people regardless of AT (including on my Corr) saw the same thing - probably want to clean up or clarify the description, esp. with the "knockback" up top as well.

image.png.7f5320627dbe19fd437a246068786646.png

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Fiery Embrace is a frequent bug for the Help Info. Obviously the stun and knock is not reliant on Fiery Embrace, but because those effects are listed beneath Fiery Embrace in the def file, it seems to show as being a requirement in the Help Info. It's not something that can be cleaned up, the user interface needs to be fixed...which is easier said than done.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

What I got from this thread is that someone selected this power with the expectation that the only thing it did was a 50% chance for a mag 1 Stun.  I don't know whether to be mortified by what that says about understanding of basic game mechanics by players, or delighted that someone thought the power looked so cool that it had to be in his/her repertoire.

• Thumbs Down 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.