Cavern Trial

Marine X

Cavern of Transcendence Trial/Strategy

Since it is no longer necessary to click the Obelisks simultaneously, all you really need do is go down each tunnel and click each obelisk one by one. You may wish to work your way around clockwise or counterclockwise to make it easy to keep track of which you have already done, or if on a team you may wish to call out which ones you click as you click them so others will know not to duplicate your effort. ("First left, done!" "Second left, done!" etc.)

Some Obelisks will be free of enemies, but others will have enemies encamped around them. You may need to clear the enemies out before you can click them.

Remember that falling in the lava heals Pumicites, so try not to knock them in.

It is not actually necessary to defeat Koago to complete the Trial; simply defeat the two or three Pumicites holding Sam Wincott captive against the wall.

Not true, completed all objectives Today and freed Sam Wincott who then ran off and Mission Countdown continued with Defeat Koago displayed.

Edited by Marine X
  • Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

• Game Master
29 minutes ago, GastlyGibus said:

The wiki strategy hasn't been updated. Cavern of Transcendence was changed with the Issue 27, Page 3 patch so that Koago is now required to be defeated for completion, among other changes. 

You beat me to it. The devs changed it as it was too easy otherwise. I used to solo it regularly and then leg it once Sam was safe.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Marine X said:

Some Obelisks will be free of enemies, but others will have enemies encamped around them. You may need to clear the enemies out before you can click them.

Eh, not so much.  For whatever reason, you can click the obelisks from some crazy distance like 50 or 60 feet or more.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

2 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Eh, not so much.  For whatever reason, you can click the obelisks from some crazy distance like 50 or 60 feet or more.

I never knew this!   I go thru hoops with purples or aoe stuns lol

my last run through i joined a pug.  While they were mostly lost they were of great spirits and we got the 100 boss badge in one run

• Like 1

The long distance clicking was also changed with the great Cavern nerf, you have to be in the usual range now.  Easy enough to verify (or disprove) , crank up a cavern and try clicking from a distance.  The good news is, you can get behind an obelisk and they act as an obstruction for visual line of sight so even in a crowded room you can get behind the obelisk and click.  

Yes, CoT can still be soloed you just have to defeat Koaga AND survive the ambushes which, after 8 glowie clicks (rate of ambushes increases with each click), will be pretty consistent.  

• 4 weeks later