Shield Against all Odds detoggling

Papaschtroumpf

Baby Elec/ shield scrapper here (just hit 20 this morning)

Against All Odds says it's a toggle but keeps getting deactivated although I have not quite figured out why. My other shield toggles seem fine. Am I missing something about the game mechanics? It turns off if you are not in combat?

Or is it detoggling because of status hits? Not a fan of status resist being a click rather than toggle, and unenhanced it doesn't seem perma.

Otherwise I'm enjoying it quite a bit, love being an AoE scrapper. Probably my next 50, although I have a corruptor in the running

Or is it detoggling because of status hits? Not a fan of status resist being a click rather than toggle, and unenhanced it doesn't seem perma.

Pretty sure this is all that's going on. Your mez protection drops off, you get tagged with a stun/sleep/hold/etc, and AAO drops off. Once you get enough +rech, it should stop being an issue, but I can't quite remember if IOs will get you there or if you'll need sets.

Triumph - Fusion Force & Global Heroics

Pretty sure this is all that's going on. Your mez protection drops off, you get tagged with a stun/sleep/hold/etc, and AAO drops off. Once you get enough +rech, it should stop being an issue, but I can't quite remember if IOs will get you there or if you'll need sets.

You don't need much.  Shield's mez protection is permanent with two SOs in Recharge Reduction slotted (of course, that's assuming you're not hit with a slow or something).  Slot it for that, click it to auto-fire, and you're basically set.  Can swap it to Endurance reducers if/when you get enough Recharge from other sources.

Why does AaO gets detoggled but not my regular shields?

Because it has an offensive component (it taunts enemies and debuffs their damage).  Toggles that cause some sort of effect on enemies get dropped if you're mezzed, toggles that only affect you are suppressed and don't do anything during the mez effect but don't fully deactivate.

• Like 1

Shields use to get detoggled as well but years of complaints resulted in them getting suppressed instead of detoggled when mezzed

Shudder.  Don't remind me of the days my old Spines/Dark would occasionally get detoggled.  That was a mess getting back into the fight having to wait for at least 9 toggles to all charge up.  On the bright side if I got detoggled most of the time it meant I was dead so I would have a nice long stun for everyone while I got back up.

Shields use to get detoggled as well but years of complaints resulted in them getting suppressed instead of detoggled when mezzed

Shudder.  Don't remind me of the days my old Spines/Dark would occasionally get detoggled.  That was a mess getting back into the fight having to wait for at least 9 toggles to all charge up.  On the bright side if I got detoggled most of the time it meant I was dead so I would have a nice long stun for everyone while I got back up.

luckily that was pretty rare on a scrapper

I'm planning a recharge intensive set, so making my mezz protection perma is no issue (in fact my problem is that it will recharge too fast and I will waste time with its animation).

Remember that Active Defense gives you defense debuff resistance that stacks on multiple applications. Therefore you generally want it to be double stacked to reach around 70% defense debuff resistance. Together with the radial ageless destiny power you can even get permanent 92.5% defense debuff resistance which is a huge survivability boost on a defense based set.

• Thumbs Up 1

It does, also according to Pines. I don't think this was an i25 change, i think there's just wrong information about this in some wikis. Maybe I am wrong, but i remember going for ageless back in the days already for the exact same reason, also the latest mids (i23?) has it at 120 as well.

It does, also according to Pines. I don't think this was an i25 change, i think there's just wrong information about this in some wikis. Maybe I am wrong, but i remember going for ageless back in the days already for the exact same reason, also the latest mids (i23?) has it at 120 as well.

It was from early testing, but I just looked at the Ageless info on Justin; it does show +21.25% defense debuff resist for 2m.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

• 3 years later
On 6/16/2019 at 5:11 PM, Papaschtroumpf said:

yeah I remember the days when shields (all toggles) were detoggled. I didn't know they still do if they have some kind of offensive component.

time to make Active Defense perma

But Assault from the Leadership pool doesn't. It's only Against All Odds that seems to behave this way for some reason.

Sounds like this may be fixed in a future update. It's currently on Beta and the patch notes says:

• No More Offensive Toggle Drops: Toggles that used to drop when mezzed will instead have their effects suppressed while mezzed and for 5s after breaking out of mezz.