Fixing King's Row Tram Data

Rudra

I did a (very) quick search and didn't see this. So I'm posting a new thread for it. My suggestion? Correct the tram data for King's Row. Right now, when you go to a tram, King's Row shows up listed as "King's Row (5-10)". The problem is, the enemies go up to level 15. (I didn't do a thorough check of the zone, but I'm pretty sure they don't go past level 15.) So it should read "King's Row (5-15)" instead. The homecoming wiki should also be updated on this point as it also says King's Row is a level 5-10 zone.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you go to the Homecoming wiki and look at the city map, you'll see it's badly out of date, too — not only is The Hollows still marked as a hazard zone, but so is Peregrine Island, and it still shows the RWZ with the borders of the old RCS, along with its entry being from the west end of Crey's Folly. Lots of outdated information.

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

If you go to the Homecoming wiki and look at the city map, you'll see it's badly out of date, too — not only is The Hollows still marked as a hazard zone, but so is Peregrine Island, and it still shows the RWZ with the borders of the old RCS, along with its entry being from the west end of Crey's Folly. Lots of outdated information.

I believe it is still possible to enter the RWZ from Crey's Folly (as well as through the Vanguard Base). I feel like some fraction of my exploration badge runs progress directly from that corner of CF to the RWZ.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, tidge said:

I believe it is still possible to enter the RWZ from Crey's Folly (as well as through the Vanguard Base).

It is.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Lots of outdated information.

6 hours ago, Rudra said:

The homecoming wiki should also be updated

And only us to update it, if we feel like it needs updating, and we want to take the time to do it.

Making an account on the wiki isn't hard. Fiddling with the html can be a bit tricky, but, if you are just correcting/updating stuff, you should be able to say inside of the html and replace/update what needs to be fixed.

you know, if we have the time, and we want to take the time to fix it.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

The contact levels are correct in the wiki, but the various neighborhood level ranges are not.

And the zone has contacts up to level 20, though those mobs will of course only be in mission.

Tangent: Hazard Zones; What signifies the classification?   I thought it were the zones that were not on the tram lines and normally behind a security gate (or some other step like the Abyss submarine)  And Trial zones tend to be similar.

4 hours ago, lemming said:

What signifies the classification?   I thought it were the zones that were not on the tram lines and normally behind a security gate

The hazard zones are/were characterized by tougher street spawns — either larger spawns, higher level than normal for the mission levels in the zone, or a higher proportion of higher-rank mobs, mobs with exotic attacks (i.e., the hydra in Perez Park). Or any combination of the four, plus additional threats — Peregrine Island, for example, used to have Crey snipers on almost every building.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, srmalloy said:

To be fair, The Hollows is still marked as a hazard zone in the game too. So if it isn't any more, then that should be changed as well. (Edit: Though with several Igneous spawn sizes in the crater, it still feels like a hazard zone. At least in that area.)

Edited by Rudra

1 hour ago, BrandX said:

Hazard zones, last I recall, were level restricted on getting into them.  Didn't they get rid of that back on live?  I don't recall, been forever and all 😛  However, I believe that's what constituted a hazard zone.

You are correct.

"Overview

A Trial Zone or Hazard Zone is a section of Paragon City or the Rogue Isles that has been isolated for safety reasons. Enemy groups tend to be much larger in number and closer together in these zones. Many of these zones contain Task Forces, Strike Forces, or Trials.

There is no practical difference between a Hazard or Trial Zone. Some Hazard Zones contain Trials; some Trial Zones don't." - https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Trial_Zone

"Hazard/Trial Zone Entry

With Issue 16's release, hazard and trial zones no longer have a minimum level for entry. For example, a level 1 hero can enter the Shadow Shard, which was previously locked to level 40 or higher heroes." - https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Trial_Zone

"Issue 16 was "Power Spectrum". 

Allowed players to choose the color/styles/animation paths for character power sets. This update also included more power set proliferation, added epic power pool choices, a new Sidekicking system, Levels 5–24 adjustments to increase XP/influence rewards by 20%, minor changes to the Mission Architect, and a replacement of the difficulty adjustment system.

Released Sept 15, 2009"

- per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Heroes

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, BrandX said:

Hazard zones, last I recall, were level restricted on getting into them.  Didn't they get rid of that back on live?  I don't recall, been forever and all 😛  However, I believe that's what constituted a hazard zone.

While both hazard zones and PvP zones did used to be level restricted and no longer are, it wasn't the level restriction that made them hazard zones. "A Trial Zone or Hazard Zone is a section of Paragon City or the Rogue Isles that has been isolated for safety reasons. Enemy groups tend to be much larger in number and closer together in these zones. Many of these zones contain Task Forces, Strike Forces, or Trials. " (https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Trial_Zone)

Note that from the linked list, only The Hive, The Abyss, and Monster Island are actually level-locked. (Edit: Well, still level locked.... However, it was the spawn sizes and closer spawn intervals/locations that made them hazard zones. The level lock was to keep unprepared characters out. Which was rather pointless since we could always go to other zones that were even more dangerous to us.)

(Edit again: So basically, hazard zones didn't stop being hazard zones just because the level locks were removed. Perez Park still has extremely large spawns for instance, and that is what makes it a hazard zone.)

Edited by Rudra

5 hours ago, Rudra said:

While both hazard zones and PvP zones did used to be level restricted and no longer are, it wasn't the level restriction that made them hazard zones. "A Trial Zone or Hazard Zone is a section of Paragon City or the Rogue Isles that has been isolated for safety reasons. Enemy groups tend to be much larger in number and closer together in these zones. Many of these zones contain Task Forces, Strike Forces, or Trials. " (https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Trial_Zone)

Note that from the linked list, only The Hive, The Abyss, and Monster Island are actually level-locked. (Edit: Well, still level locked.... However, it was the spawn sizes and closer spawn intervals/locations that made them hazard zones. The level lock was to keep unprepared characters out. Which was rather pointless since we could always go to other zones that were even more dangerous to us.)

(Edit again: So basically, hazard zones didn't stop being hazard zones just because the level locks were removed. Perez Park still has extremely large spawns for instance, and that is what makes it a hazard zone.)

To my knowledge, only two zones were changed to no longer represent Hazard zones, but are still called as such. Hollows and Faultline. I'm extremely sleepy and about to go to bed, so consider this when somebody reminds me that I have forgotten one or two, lol.