Can we have Lefties?

Marine X

Just a thought....

Have always found that if you use brawl on a weapon wielding character that it uses the left hand for the punch since the weapon is in the right hand. On shield tankers, if they use a weapon, Dual Blades or Dual Pistols, brawl is converted to a kick, this is great for immersion and fits the toon. I have an Axe tanker however, who uses a shovel as his weapon of choice ( Right Hand ), when he uses Crosspunch or Boxing I have to wait on the Redraw of his shovel before the next attack. Is there any way to just have him use his left hand for those attacks? Seems it's possible since Brawl does this and would look much better in combat.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

unfortunately, most games suffer from handism which is a discrimination against lefties.

most folks don't discriminate consciously.

they simply don't understand how inconvenient life is in a righty world.

I would love to see mirror animations to show representation and mix things up. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

6 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

unfortunately, most games suffer from handism which is a discrimination against lefties.

most folks don't discriminate consciously.

they simply don't understand how inconvenient life is in a righty world.

I would love to see mirror animations to show representation and mix things up. 

Games are just letting lefties know how the other half lives

Not sure how much work would be involved in mirroring the animations/weapon holding hand/etc. (And really, this goes for blasts, too.)

I wouldn't mind - doubt I'd *use* it, but I wouldn't mind the option being there if it's not a huge PITA to do.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

10 hours ago, Greycat said:

Not sure how much work would be involved in mirroring the animations/weapon holding hand/etc.

It would probably be easier to just apply whatever coding allows Brawl to adapt to Builds with a weapon in their right hand, to use their left hand for Brawl. It just needs to be applied to other Pool Melee attacks. I'm pretty sure Brawl has not always been as it is now, so I would think the change is possible, not sure how simple though.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

On 10/9/2023 at 7:43 PM, Marine X said:

Just a thought....

Have always found that if you use brawl on a weapon wielding character that it uses the left hand for the punch since the weapon is in the right hand. On shield tankers, if they use a weapon, Dual Blades or Dual Pistols, brawl is converted to a kick, this is great for immersion and fits the toon. I have an Axe tanker however, who uses a shovel as his weapon of choice ( Right Hand ), when he uses Crosspunch or Boxing I have to wait on the Redraw of his shovel before the next attack. Is there any way to just have him use his left hand for those attacks? Seems it's possible since Brawl does this and would look much better in combat.

I thought lefties were in Paragon and right-wingers were in Rogue Isles...

nm, reread and realized I had misread your point...

• Haha 2

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

11 hours ago, Greycat said:

Not sure how much work would be involved in mirroring the animations/weapon holding hand/etc. (And really, this goes for blasts, too.)

I wouldn't mind - doubt I'd *use* it, but I wouldn't mind the option being there if it's not a huge PITA to do.

It would be especially nice to mirror certain blasts. (in some blast sets certain blasts use the left while others use the right). If you could get all the blasts coming from the same hand, you could have them all coming from a robot arm, or some other costume gimmick.

• Thumbs Up 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Unfortunately, it's a great deal of work because the animations changed have to be completely re-created, which is why katana was never made right handed.

Interestingly, katana being wielded "left handed" is actually historically inaccurate, the uchi-katana was always worn on the leftbthrough the Obi (unarmored) and the hand position when wielding was always "right handed" with the right above the left, even for left handed people.

So, I'd love to see more animationa get dominant hand option alternates, but it is tons of work.