AE: We need NIGHT maps/zones

We have Night Ward, we have Doctor Kane's Mansion, we have the vortex of doom in first ward, and we have both versions of Dark Astoria.

Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please?

Thanks for your attention.

P.S: If we could incorporate the "innerent/stance" option in AE's NPC building, that would be amazing too.

• Thumbs Up 1

AE ARCS:

Most Dangerous Game (ongoing): 16058, 16059, 16060, 4363, 15230, 22386, 23645 * The God Machine (finished): 26365 * Family Reunion (finished): 18920 * Remnants (finished): 5405, 5408, 5411, 5597 * Ball and Chain (finished): 33690 * The Scroll of the Spirit Dragon (finished): 37070 * Prime Real Estate (finished):  43979 * Lord of War (finished):  49034 * Euthanatos (ongoing): 41945, 54307, 54312, 50727

48 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

Aren't there day/night cycles already in all the zones?

The Dark Astoria zones are always dark — after all, that's part of their raison d'être. They're not properly zones, but IIRC the tutorial 'zones' are fixed in time — day for Outbreak and Galaxy City, night for Breakout. But I think that the OP's request is that the outdoor maps for AE either have normal day/night cycles or be selectable as day or night when a mission is created.

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

But I think that the OP's request is that the outdoor maps for AE either have normal day/night cycles or be selectable as day or night when a mission is created.

A cycle/day/night option would be an interesting addition.

It would certainly make the grave yards more spooky if you could set them so it was always night.

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

There's day night cycles in a number of zones. Striga for example, Vampires only come out at night. Croatoa for example ghosts only come out at night.

I haven't the time to go through each zone and determine if they have a day night cycle though. Those two jobs at spring to mind.

I guess I didn't read the earlier part of the thread completely or something... or I'm really tired...that too...

I thought that they were talking about AE missions.

Circle of Thorns come out at night as well in the zone that they are in. If there are some around during the day, they won't reappear until night. Sometimes they even get replaced by a mob of another group and you have to clear that other group out at night before the COT will spawn there.

But I guess I agree, if you could create AE critters that only came out during the night cycle (or day cycle) that would be kind of cool as well.

3 hours ago, srmalloy said:

But I think that the OP's request is that the outdoor maps for AE either have normal day/night cycles or be selectable as day or night when a mission is created.

... or maybe not ...

...or at least it strayed that way ...

.... but the thread title is "AE: We need NIGHT maps/zones"

I think I'm really tired.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

2 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

A cycle/day/night option would be an interesting addition.

It would certainly make the grave yards more spooky if you could set them so it was always night.

Except for both Dark Astorias and Night Ward, to the best of my knowledge, all zones have a day and night. I think each is a half hour long real time. It is just that the night part of the cycle is so bright, it is really hard to notice most times.

As for the OP itself, I thought the outdoor maps in AE also had a day/night cycle, but I very much could be wrong. If they don't, then adding it or being able to set it up for AE missions/arcs would be appreciated.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

If they don't, then adding it or being able to set it up for AE missions/arcs would be appreciated.

I guess I didn't express myself clearly as usual.

So a rewording:

Options for maps in the AE to be for the standard day/night cycle, day only, or night only would be an interesting addition. Players would select the option they wanted during mission creation.

It would certainly make the graveyards more spooky if you could set them so it was always night.

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

I think each is a half hour long real time.

InGame_Timeline.gif

If I understand it correctly:

Daytime:     Real time: :08 to :25 and :38 to :55

Night time: Real time: :26 to :38 and :56 to :08

-https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UltraAlt said:

So a rewording:

Options for maps in the AE to be for the standard day/night cycle, day only, or night only would be an interesting addition. Players would select the option they wanted during mission creation.

It would certainly make the graveyards more spooky if you could set them so it was always night.

InGame_Timeline.gif

Oh wow... so a half hour is a full 24 hour day... that's fast....

16 hours ago, Rudra said:

Oh wow... so a half hour is a full 24 hour day... that's fast....

Honestly, I thought it was 40 minutes of day and 20 minutes of night before I looked it up.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

So a rewording:

InGame_Timeline.gif

I was thinking that creators being able to set each map to day or night would be more beneficial to their needs. Heck, being able to apply Dark Astoria's moodiness to any AE map would, I think, be awesome. There are several other mission maps with special atmospheres that could be added: red, hazy post-apocalyptic, Keyes Island sooty, under a dark cloud, and several others.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.