The Officially Unofficial Weekly Discussion #54: What content do you wish you were playing?

DougGraves

On 11/17/2023 at 7:35 AM, Skyhawke said:

The high end sewer trial. I have never, ever seen anyone broadcasting for that one. I tried soloing it, but just couldn't be in multiple places at once.  It wasn't hard, not even time consuming to progress through, it's just the final fight needs more hands on deck. To this day, I don't understand why people don't do it.

This done when it is the weekly.  Get in early in the week with badgers.  Smooth, fast, fun

On 11/17/2023 at 12:38 AM, DougGraves said:

What content do you wish you could be playing but are not because other players are not playing it?

I don't worry about what others are or aren't playing. *shrug* If there's something I *really* want to run, I hop on discord with my friends and say "Hey, guys, who wants to run the Commander Carrot TF?" or whatever, we arrange a time and do it.

Honestly, most of the "content" I run now is RP related. The dev team simply cannot put out content fast enough to not have it added to the "ok, seen it, ran it a bunch" pile and run out again. Which is not a complaint about the dev team - the live team couldn't, either, and they were getting paid for it. And even if they somehow could - if we got a new mission arc or TF every week at maintenance - I think I'd still be focused more on my own characters' stories.

(What do I wish existed? Blood of the Black Stream. And stepping out to more of the world, officially.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 11/20/2023 at 6:19 AM, Greycat said:

The dev team simply cannot put out content fast enough to not have it added to the "ok, seen it, ran it a bunch" pile and run out again. Which is not a complaint about the dev team - the live team couldn't, either, and they were getting paid for it.

Definitely this. Good observation, @Greycat.

Personally, I wish I played more of the redside content which uses the less-common enemy groups. Coralax, snakes, wailers etc. There is a lot of good storywriting in the redside arcs, but I often forget about them and keep playing my ol' standby blueside arcs. And because one rarely sees teams for this content in LFG, don't get reminded what I am missing unless I read threads like this one. 🙂Btw, this is not a knock on blueside at all, just a comment on the fact that there is (also) lots of good redside stuff that I miss out on due to no one's fault but my own.

On a tangential note, the question in the OP was "What content do you wish you could be playing but are not because other players are not playing it?". As in, currently existing content - not content that one wishes existed. A few posts seem to be responding to "What content do you wish existed?", which is an interesting question in itself, but not germane to the thread at hand.

7 hours ago, Icono04 said:

Personally, I wish I played more of the redside content which uses the less-common enemy groups. Coralax, snakes, wailers etc. There is a lot of good storywriting in the redside arcs, but I often forget about them and keep playing my ol' standby blueside arcs. And because one rarely sees teams for this content in LFG, don't get reminded what I am missing unless I read threads like this one. 🙂Btw, this is not a knock on blueside at all, just a comment on the fact that there is (also) lots of good redside stuff that I miss out on due to no one's fault but my own.

One of my pet peeves is switching to redside to join a team and then finding they are fighting blueside enemy groups.  I don't want to go redside to fight Freaks.  I want to fight redside only enemies.

• Thanks 1

I will always be Redside at heart, I love the arcs and the general vibe of Recluse's little corner of the world. I'll take papers of radios any day, but it does feel a bit sad that that's all folks seem interested in there. I know it's a comparatively small part of the game's content, but I'd love to see more folks doing more than just the weekly SF and papers/tips out in the isles.

That said, I know I'm not alone, and luring folks out there isn't all that hard. I've never had crickets in my chatbox when I ask if anyone wants to tag along with me running The Radio or Von Grun arcs for fun.

I still haven't done the Summer Blockbuster.  I also rarely do any of the Strike Forces, even though I team regularly with folks who play that side a lot.  I'm super familiar with the Virgil Tarikoss SF, but can't even recall what the Silver Mantis or Ice Mistral SFs are about.

You can be a good man, the best man in the world...  But there will always be somebody who hates a good man.

I just thought of something else, which is probably an unpopular opinion from the general trajectory of the current conversation, but I'd like some more NEW Blue content in the mid to high 30's - 50 range. I feel like I'm stuck doing the same content here that's not super compelling. And they won't stop sending me to different zones every mission. It just feels like a slog. Levels take a decent amount of time here too so I'm here for awhile. I'd like some good story to read/play while I'm stuck here at least. The new HC/latter Paragon arcs are quite good and get you up to this point but are too few and far between to get you through these level ranges alone. Do all paths lead to ITF? lol

12 hours ago, A Cat said:

I just thought of something else, which is probably an unpopular opinion from the general trajectory of the current conversation, but I'd like some more NEW Blue content in the mid to high 30's - 50 range. I feel like I'm stuck doing the same content here that's not super compelling. And they won't stop sending me to different zones every mission. It just feels like a slog. Levels take a decent amount of time here too so I'm here for awhile. I'd like some good story to read/play while I'm stuck here at least. The new HC/latter Paragon arcs are quite good and get you up to this point but are too few and far between to get you through these level ranges alone. Do all paths lead to ITF? lol

I, for one, would love to see a revamped version of The Freakshow War.  What we've got now is a bunch of "Fight Freakshow!" missions that ends with "Okay, now you fight a couple bosses who are just like all the other bosses, but they represent the Arch Villain leaders of the Freakshow..."  It's quite disappointing.

You can be a good man, the best man in the world...  But there will always be somebody who hates a good man.