Focused Feedback: Remote/Temporal Bomb

• Developer

Devices - Remote Bomb

• Time Bomb for Blaster > Devices has been replaced with Remote Bomb.
  • This can be placed on either an enemy or the ground, but once placed activating the power again will manually detonate the bomb. Remote Bomb can be set off the moment it is successfully placed.
  • If the mob that the Remote Bomb was attached to is defeated, the Remote Bomb will fall to the ground at that location.

Traps - Temporal Bomb

• Traps for Controllers, Corruptors, and Defenders now has Temporal Bomb instead of Time Bomb.
  • Like with Remote Bomb, this can be placed on Enemies or the floor and then manually detonated.
  • If the mob that the Temporal Bomb was attached to is defeated, the Temporal Bomb will fall to the ground at that location.
  • Unlike Remote Bomb, Temporal Bomb deals much less damage but creates a large Temporal Bubble that slows down enemies and speeds up allies!
    • Temporal Bubble Controller/Corruptor > Buffs Recharge, Recovery, and Movement speeds by 37.5% while active, debuffs enemy Movement and Recharge by 50% while active
    • Temporal Bubble Defender > Buffs Recharge, Recovery, and Movement speeds by 50% while active, debuffs enemy Movement and Recharge by 67.5% while active
    • Controller > Deals Scale 0.65 Fire + Scale 0.45 Lethal damage to all enemies (Total 1.1 scale), 100% Chance to knock
    • Corruptor > Deals Scale 0.9 Fire + Scale 0.6 Lethal damage to all enemies (Total 1.5 scale), 80% Chance to knock
    • Defender > Deals Scale 0.75 Fire + Scale 0.55 Lethal damage to all enemies (Total 1.3 scale), 80% Chance to knock

Traps (Mastermind) - Detonator

• Recharge lowered to 300s from 600s, endurance cost also lowered to 16.3
  • Removed delay from humanoid henchman bomb placement/detonation, all pets now explode when you click!
  • All Henchman now place the pseudo-pet version of the bomb, hitting all targets for max damage regardless of if they are a minion or boss
  • Like 2

• Widower unlocked this topic

I tried this on an Arsenal/Traps Controller.

Is endmod intentionally not allowed in the power? i tried to fill in a set of Synapse's Shock (figured it would be pretty good in there) and was surprised to see that I could not slot Endmod sets.

• Like 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

ok, trying it a bit more, I feel like the animation time is *really* long for the set up.  I'm assuming it's the same animation time as Time Bomb originally had, which was too long (one of several problems with that power).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Psyonico said:

ok, trying it a bit more, I feel like the animation time is *really* long for the set up.  I'm assuming it's the same animation time as Time Bomb originally had, which was too long (one of several problems with that power).

I haven't had that experience at all. The cast feels pretty quick, and considering the old cast time was 9s it's definitely no where near that. I was testing w/ a grav/traps controller, where you using one of the other ATs?

• Developer

The cast time is 2.77s and cant be any faster than it is due to this power using some complex scripting that require initialization time to happen behind the scenes. From what I was told, if it casts too fast, it breaks. 2.77s is not that drastic of a cast time either way.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

Maybe it just feels long because you're kneeling there not doing anything then, in which case, I retract my previous comment.

I did notice something weird one of the times that I cast it.  it was on an enemy, i tried to detonate it, but my gun drone killed the enemy before it went off.  This caused the bomb to drop, then detonate, but it looked like the bomb was still on the ground.

Double post, but this is for Remote Bomb / Devices.

Funnily enough, I really liked this new functionality on my blaster. Maybe because he gets into melee faster than my trappers (has more flexibility on self-placement). It works for a nuke-ish power well. I used time bomb before quite a bit (the devices version was alright with the previous upgrades), but this cuts down the time between activation and explosion akin to a normal nuke. 

The explosion also isn't as white/bright as temporal bomb. It's a cool orange mushroom cloud. That helps. Thumbs up for me on that side.

Edited by brass_eagle

On 1/22/2024 at 6:17 AM, brass_eagle said:

Someone convince me!

I haven't tried this yet but how many Acid Mortars can you pump out on an AV now assuming an end game build and you start the fight popping Temp Bomb just for the buffs?

And what if you use Burnout to set up a second one after the first fades?

I feel like the damage component is ancillary and this is all about team buffing before a big fight. But I'm kind of with you that it feels pretty skippable. I guess... at least that's not terribly unusual for T9s across the game?

• Like 1

I really like temp bomb. I see nothing wrong with this power and should just be left as is.

This paired with fire blast + Adrenal boost - You can get your down time to almost half on AB... + Recharge proc.... what have you done!

Burning AV's just made this set crazy... Can't wait to see what others build 😃

• Like 1

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch

Conceptually it seems odd to me that Temporal Bomb can tell the difference between friend and foe; buffing one and debuffing the other.  Having detailed info on the pseudo-pet would be nice.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 2:45 PM, Captain Powerhouse said:

The cast time is 2.77s and cant be any faster than it is due to this power using some complex scripting that require initialization time to happen behind the scenes. From what I was told, if it casts too fast, it breaks. 2.77s is not that drastic of a cast time either way.

There is a bug to know of. If you cast the power, and it attaches to an enemy instead of the ground, and the enemy dies, the power disappears and then nothing happens. Pretty sure anyone wants it to detonate instantly anyway in 99.99% of scenarios, if someone says elsewise that's fine, but removing it attaching to enemies and just placing it on the ground and detonating instantly would solve this issue. Not a fan of having to use the power twice for it to do it's job, especially if you get held or knocked back etc.

Likewise, not sure if it's a bug that it doesn't take end mod sets. Would prefer the rech lowered to 120s so you can keep it up, though in this scenario alone might be worth the non-perma nature might save a power pick and slots. Generally hate any type of buff/debuff not being perma or at least perma-able, seems to be a recurring theme with most anything that's not an autopower lately and I'm definitely not a fan of the trend.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just tested the Remote Bomb by attaching it to an enemy, then killed enemy.  The bomb does as intended and dropped to the ground.  Where I could still detonate it which I did once I lured someone else over to it.

Definitely just greenlight this change and push it.  You changed a useless skip of a power into one that is actually clever and uses the "timer" and "temporal" in a smart way.  Now my Illusion/Traps can achieve perma-PA much easier, which debatably makes this character better than other Illu Controllers for AV/GM fights.  Before Traps was the "potentially good" powerset in this use case, but now that it has +Recharge to compete with other Illusion pairings... we have arrived.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."

21 hours ago, ShinMagmus said:

Definitely just greenlight this change and push it.  You changed a useless skip of a power into one that is actually clever and uses the "timer" and "temporal" in a smart way.  Now my Illusion/Traps can achieve perma-PA much easier, which debatably makes this character better than other Illu Controllers for AV/GM fights.  Before Traps was the "potentially good" powerset in this use case, but now that it has +Recharge to compete with other Illusion pairings... we have arrived.

You are way overestimating the buff to the power, but it was a good change still, would just like to see it perm-able and have the remote detonation removed because you pretty much always want it to fire off when you use it and the whole "placing on enemy" thing is causing issues and bugs with it not firing.

Hey Devs!

I noticed you didn't get any feedback on Detonator so I jumped on test to try it out with my Ninja/Traps.

Am I happy with a 660 Damage, nuke on a Mastermind, that works on ANY PET (Yes-FFG! Yes Acid Mortar, No-Seekers), that on my build recharges in 90 Seconds?
YES, its a fantastic improvement. 

I will be respecing to take this when it goes live. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Three thoughts real quick...

1st off, would it be possible to have the Remote Bomb not break stealth while laying the bomb?  Functionally, if it does break stealth then it feels like an attack with extra steps before doing the same thing as other powers do without the delay.  Thematically, it would seem to stick with the stealthy tactician vibe.  It would also open up a whole new play style for devices, which would be very exciting!

2nd, does Remote Bomb need to have such a daunting cooldown?  If we are reworking the power, then why not make it a more integral part of the build and give it a cooldown that people can work with.  Functionally, if it doesn't do more damage than a nuke, it shouldn't have a cooldown longer than one.

3rd, i believe a strong argument could be made for trip mine not breaking stealth.  Obviously, once it does damage your stealth should be broken, but if it had an arming time of 1 second or something, then it would legitimately be a boon.  You could stealthily lay your mine, then start activating another power (still while in stealth) before the trip mine goes off!  It would allow devices to have an identity as an ambush expert.  That would surely give devices it's own fan club, at that point!

Thank you for hearing me out!

Edited by Mezicus
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi all, trying out the new Controller /Traps Temporal Bomb:

Spamming the activation key while deploying the bomb seems to activate it without triggering damage explosion.  It just spawns the "time bubble".  Tested this by laying it down next to level 1 Hellions in Atlas, as well as placing it directly on them.

The bomb is now behaving weirdly and not triggering a damage explosion under any circumstances.

Re-logging solved the issue.

Curiously, it does show two separate bombs on deployment now.

Edited by bigfashizzel

On 1/27/2024 at 2:42 PM, Dahkness said:

On test i was able to get it near perma solo. Need to click, then click again.

Would love to see this mechanic worked over on Force Field or even Gen. Would love to give people little bubbles if it explode =P.

I said remote bomb (blaster), not temporal bomb.