Focused Feedback: Remote/Temporal Bomb

was any thought given to having the bomb detonate when the target dies, rather than dropping to the ground? That seems like a more elegant approach to me, since it's hard to think of a situation where you'd actually want it to drop off

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eiynp said:

was any thought given to having the bomb detonate when the target dies, rather than dropping to the ground? That seems like a more elegant approach to me, since it's hard to think of a situation where you'd actually want it to drop off

I think this would make it difficult to use in certain Archvillain fights.

While not specifically leveraged towards Temporal Bomb, Remote Bomb and Detonator, I think it might be a good time to address the interrupt on Trip Mine for /Traps at the same time since we're adjusting the underutilized T9 power in Traps and Devices.

But, narrowly towards the new changes to the /Traps and /Devices T9, it's quite fun and i've had a literal blast with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The version of Detonator on live for nonhuman henchmen ignores enhancements in the power and looks to the slotting of the henchman targeted. Hence, most people just slotted recharge in Detonator. The new version (which summons a higher damage pseudo-pet) is now affected by enhancements in the power. While the new version is supposed to provide the same damage regardless of the henchman targeted, the damage and accuracy appear to be affected by the level shift if used on a minion henchman. I'm getting substantially lower damage and lower tohit chance when used on a minion henchman vs. a lieutenant.

Edited by Uun
Combat Attributes error

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

17 hours ago, Uun said:

The version of Detonator on live for nonhuman henchmen ignores enhancements in the power and looks to the slotting of the henchman targeted. Hence, most people just slotted recharge in Detonator. The new version (which summons a higher damage pseudo-pet) is now affected by enhancements in the power. While the new version is supposed to provide the same damage regardless of the henchman targeted, the damage and accuracy appear to be affected by the level shift if used on a minion henchman. I'm getting substantially lower damage and lower tohit chance when used on a minion henchman vs. a lieutenant.

Further testing in PI vs. lvl 50 Possessed Scientists. Detonator slotted w/ attuned Bombardment: dmg/rech, acc/dmg/rech (+47.7% dmg). +31.25% damage bonuses. Alpha unslotted. [see below - damage enhancements in Detonator have no effect]

Minion (lvl 48): 477 dmg

Lieutenant (lvl 49): 554 dmg

Boss (lvl 50): 614 dmg

Edited by Uun
Fixed minion slotting

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

1 hour ago, Uun said:

Further testing in PI vs. lvl 50 Possessed Scientists. Detonator slotted w/ attuned Bombardment: dmg/rech, acc/dmg/rech (+47.7% dmg). +31.25% damage bonuses. Alpha unslotted.

Minion (lvl 48): 349 dmg

Lieutenant (lvl 49): 554 dmg

Boss (lvl 50): 614 dmg

Were you able to detonate an Acid Mortar, FFG or a P2W pet?

14 hours ago, tidge said:

Were you able to detonate an Acid Mortar, FFG or a P2W pet?

I was able to detonate a FFG, but it does substantially less damage than detonating a henchman.

• Developer

The damage done by the Detonator no longer uses the target's modifiers, but it still uses their level, so a T1 pet will inflict lower damage and have lower accuracy. 

It also depends exclusively on the enhancements set on pet instead of those set on the Detonator power. Not sure why that power was ever set to accept enhancements given how it works.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

4 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

The damage done by the Detonator no longer uses the target's modifiers, but it still uses their level, so a T1 pet will inflict lower damage and have lower accuracy. 

It also depends exclusively on the enhancements set on pet instead of those set on the Detonator power. Not sure why that power was ever set to accept enhancements given how it works.

Thanks for confirming. The Detailed Info displayed in game for the Time Bomb pet does increase if damage is slotted in Detonator. Testing confirmed that actual damage is unaffected by damage enhancements in Detonator and bears no relation to the amount displayed in Detailed Info.

1 hour ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

Does it inherit buffs such as Fulcrum Shift on the pet?  Iirc Trip Mine inherits buffs on the MM, but Detonator doesn't on Live (I haven't had Detonator in a build in quite some time).

Edited by csr

On 2/9/2024 at 9:46 AM, Captain Powerhouse said:

I considered removing those accepted enhancements, but that would mean anyone using it for set bonuses would likely lose the set bonuses until they respeced and placed them somewhere else. 

I would support removing damage and accuracy from accepted enhancements. I believe only recharge, end reduction and range do anything (not sure about knockback). I suspect that far more people slot the power to enhance it (not realizing the enhancements do nothing) than are slotting it for the set bonuses. At the very least, it needs a comment in the description that the power looks to the henchman's slotting for damage and accuracy.

• Developer

Enemy-facing procs such as Ice Minstrel and Energy Manipulator work as expected, though there may be oddities with Performance Shifter. Are you able to test Energy Manipulator? If you are not able to slot them at all there may be a separate issue.

just tried slotting Synapse's Shock again on both my controller and my defender with no luck, all slots are grayed out and won't accept the IOs.

edit: I can't even slot a common End Mod IO in the power.

Edited by Psyonico

What this team needs is more Defenders