Proc IO Question

Zep

With the way procs are calculated now, is it per IO or per power?

If I use the Sandman +heal proc in 3 attacks do they keep track of activation separately?

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Cool!

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Is there a cooldown with Procs? For example, if I put Force Feedbak's Chance to Recharge in Bullet Rain and Hail of Bullets, how will the mechanic work if:

Bullet Rain procs once, then Hail of Bullets is used right afterms (can I stack the recharge?)

Bullet Rain procs more than once (does it stack +recharge?)

Also, does anyone have full documentation of how the PPM mechanic works? I keep finding little pieces but nothing is consolidated.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Is it based on power activation or power effect IE.. damage? Like there is a chance to heal proc and would it ve better in a single target power or AoE power?

It's based on the recharge and activation time of the power. A proc with an estimated ppm of 3 (ie, once every 20 seconds) slotted into a (single target) power with a 19 second cooldown and 1 second activation time of 20 seconds will (in theory) proc 100% of the time. Things that change the recharge time of the power don't change this calculation, so slotting those powers for recharge rate means you can get more procs per minute. It also doesn't seem to care about things that change the activation time of the power, so for example, Titan Weapon attacks have a massive activation time listed, but when you have momentum a bunch of it is waived, but the proc chance doesn't seem to change. I assume other powers with variable activation times, like Assassin's Strike and sniper powers work the same way, but I haven't tested that.

It gets complicated with an AoE ability: basically each AoE power has a certain number of enemies it "expects" to effect on each use and modifies proc chances accordingly. This is based on the radius of the power and the arc (if any). So procs in these powers will either underperform if the number of targets you're using it on is too low, or overperform is the number of targets is higher than expected.

Is there a cooldown with Procs?

No.

For example, if I put Force Feedbak's Chance to Recharge in Bullet Rain and Hail of Bullets, how will the mechanic work if:

Bullet Rain procs once, then Hail of Bullets is used right afterms (can I stack the recharge?)

Yes. EDIT: Apparently, Force Feedback does not stack, but you'll refresh the duration.

Bullet Rain procs more than once (does it stack +recharge?)

Yes, but prepare to be disappointed. Abilities with big AoEs tend to kill the proc chance.

Also, does anyone have full documentation of how the PPM mechanic works? I keep finding little pieces but nothing is consolidated.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Procs_Per_Minute

Thanks for the info, however some of the details are outdated. PPM calculations not work off the slotted recharge of the power, not base. So if a power has a base recharge of 10s, and it's slotted with 100% from enhancements, then the PPM calculator used the new 5s recharge for its calculations. Outside recharge boosts (LotG, Set IO bonuses, or powers like AM) do not affect the calculation. Just the recharge from the enhancements, and if you have the agility alpha slot, that affects it too

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn