Posi 1: Come with me if you want to live

MoonSheep

I enjoy a bit of chaos, this is why I run the Posi TFs.

I ran a Posi 1 team yesterday led by my incarnate kin defender, it lived up to its chaotic nature. The only ‘tank’ type on the team was a brute with no taunt, so the aggro was spraying everywhere. We wiped a few times on the last mission, so I immediately left the team, smashed my desktop with heavy boots and went to the pub with @Snarky

..so I decided to do what I can to contain the chaos. I made the best aggro holder I could think of - an ice/ice tank. Chilling embrace, icicles, taunt and ice patch should do the job.

No.

No..

On my second Posi 1, boy was I holding that aggro good. Man they were huddled around me.. Just one problem, where were most of the team?

Answer: Continuously running after a scrapper who had a death wish and repeatedly dying along with 4 or 5 team members several times during the TF

So I quit again and phoned @Snarky to come over and help me smash up my gaming laptop

..so I issued some directive instructions which seemed to help a bit. The blaster and dominator who stuck with me remained unscathed the entire TF

Despite being a team of 8, there was no support AT to help me through some of the wild encounters, my insp tray was working hard but managed to keep it together and contain the aggro nicely

Overall a surprisingly rewarding experience. I’ll continue with the ice/ice tank and see how it develops

7/10 Posi 1 experience

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

I madd an ice ice Tank last winter.  Ran all TFs and incarnated him.  Fing Incredible at holding agro.  

on a Posi 1 there is nothing you can do but hope.  I type one warning un the last mission to not go on the steps.   Sometimes it works.  A tray full of insp and an email with more crammed in it helps a bit.  But if the team is true dog shit all you can do us come here, post, and laugh through the pain.

can i really smash your desktop?

• Like 1

For Posi 1 run an elec/psi dominator.

Static Field is fantastic for the stairs ambush in the final mission.  They come out of the door and fall asleep.

Psi damage is great for clockwork and everything else.

And domination and Paralyzing Blast make the shadow fight trivial.  You hold them all for a short while and can use Tesla Cage to hold some of them longer.

OR

Just run an elect/thermal controller for any teaming to make it go smoothly.  

• Like 2

Ice/Ice Tanks are great.

Did a Posi 1 (and then Posi 2) the other day with my Rad/Rad Corruptor.   Full team just mostly walked thru the entire two TFs.   No drama on the stairs without any instructions.  Just a quick query on "Hey, let's clear these groups".

I think there were a couple mistakes here and there, but spread amongst pretty much each player (including myself) and no snarking happening.

One of the most nicest calm groups I have played with in ages.

• Like 3

I haven't done a Posi 1 since... September?  Really burned out on doing the same ol same ol.  Yin can go jump in a lake and I'm still boycotting Maria Jenkins too.

You can skip Posi and the accolade, you'll still win and be far too OP I promise!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

29 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I haven't done a Posi 1 since... September?  Really burned out on doing the same ol same ol.  Yin can go jump in a lake and I'm still boycotting Maria Jenkins too.

You can skip Posi and the accolade, you'll still win and be far too OP I promise!

Get the accolade redside.  With an alt acct 50 who has Schweinzschtupher unlocked you can get the Accolade at level 1 in 30 min tops.  Would be less if the damn doors would cooperate 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

Get the accolade redside.  With an alt acct 50 who has Schweinzschtupher unlocked you can get the Accolade at level 1 in 30 min tops.  Would be less if the damn doors would cooperate 

ooh, i’m interested in this - can you link a guide?

i’ll let you smash up my computer as a thank you 👍

1 minute ago, MoonSheep said:

ooh, i’m interested in this - can you link a guide?

i’ll let you smash up my computer as a thank you 👍

A guide?   Wait, you have never….

hrm. Okay. Not a guide writer.  Or locator.  But here goes.  

In each Redside Bank “Mayhem Mission” there is a location badge.  Collect them all and you get Invader Accolade = TF Commander accolade

Next part is a little trickier.  Find an idiot with Scweinzer unlocked and 30-40 min to help you in port oakes

Or…..  make an alt acct.  get a 50 on it.  Preferably a farmer, will be most useful 

Get the “Hero Slayer Badge” on alt acct 50.  This opens up Lord Schweinzer.  In Port Oakes. Go to him.  Log in both accts, make team.  Get bank missions from Schweinzer.  Get Loc badges, abandon mission, get next.  Get all. Now you have Invader Accolade on main acct

If you do this with your alt acct you can PL a new 50 in a day or less, with many breaks.  Or PL someone 1-20 in ten min, 1-30 in 30 min.  And get the accolade badge with another 30 min.  

now…..about that computer    I just need your address.  Oh, and what is your blood type?  You AB neg  by any chance?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

Answer: Continuously running after a scrapper who had a death wish and repeatedly dying along with 4 or 5 team members several times during the TF

lol.

I'm assuming you were on Excelsior.

I have honestly never run into that bad a level of game play on any other server on Homecoming.

I remember once once before the Sunset I had a low level team. I can't remember which server it was on, but it was like level 9 or something.

We get to the door of the mission and go in.

One character, I don't even remember what archetype they were goes charging down the hall and dies. They immediately go to the hospital.

The hospital wasn't that far away so we waited for them to come back.

They come in the door, charges down the hall, dies, and immediately go to the hospital.

People were starting to joke about it in chat, so we decided to start fighting.

We are fighting the first mob.

They come in the door, charges down the hall past us into the next mob, dies, and immediately go to the hospital.

This continues throughout the entire mission.

No one else falls. Just that one character that kept entering and charging ahead of the group.

Only time I ever saw that behavior.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

55 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

lol.

I have honestly never run into that bad a level of game play on any other server on Homecoming.

I remember once once before the Sunset I had a low level team. I can't remember which server it was on, but it was like level 9 or something.

One character, I don't even remember what archetype they were goes charging down the hall and dies. They immediately go to the hospital.

They come in the door, charges down the hall, dies, and immediately go to the hospital.

They come in the door, charges down the hall past us into the next mob, dies, and immediately go to the hospital.

No one else falls. Just that one character that kept entering and charging ahead of the group.

Was their name (anything?) Jenkins?

11 hours ago, Snarky said:

A guide?   Wait, you have never….

hrm. Okay. Not a guide writer.  Or locator.  But here goes.  

In each Redside Bank “Mayhem Mission” there is a location badge.  Collect them all and you get Invader Accolade = TF Commander accolade

Next part is a little trickier.  Find an idiot with Scweinzer unlocked and 30-40 min to help you in port oakes

Or…..  make an alt acct.  get a 50 on it.  Preferably a farmer, will be most useful 

Get the “Hero Slayer Badge” on alt acct 50.  This opens up Lord Schweinzer.  In Port Oakes. Go to him.  Log in both accts, make team.  Get bank missions from Schweinzer.  Get Loc badges, abandon mission, get next.  Get all. Now you have Invader Accolade on main acct

If you do this with your alt acct you can PL a new 50 in a day or less, with many breaks.  Or PL someone 1-20 in ten min, 1-30 in 30 min.  And get the accolade badge with another 30 min.  

now…..about that computer    I just need your address.  Oh, and what is your blood type?  You AB neg  by any chance?

that’s really helpful, thanks man 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, ZekeStenzland said:

Another suggestion to make Posi1 just a tad less chaotic…

Clear the area in front of the city hall doors before you rescue hero #4. The ambushes only trigger when you get close to the doors after you’ve rescued all the heroes.

you are forgetting rule 1 of the PuG life:

Rule 1: Turn off chat

You have the ability to read messages in the LFG channel and send tells to the team lead in order to join, but you will find as soon as you’re in the team, you no longer need to communicate with anyone.

It is crucial that you now become a mute, minimise the chat window - there will be nothing valuable to see here. You are a lone wolf, a maverick. Any instructions from the so-called team is a secret plot to ensure your demise, go your own way and trust nobody.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

lol.

I’ve run an ITF or 2 with a brute like that.  It’s annoying to see him not listen and run off on his own, but becomes funny after you realize he just keeps dying over and over.

He has a few toons, all with the same word in their names.

On 12/27/2023 at 9:49 AM, Snarky said:

giphy-227608220.gif.2e7a8b3950834e9181c01b39f6f93c5c.gif 

I don't play this game to do homework!  I've been considering running this guy just on SOs apart from a few scattered procs too. 

The most terrifying villain is the free person!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

17 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

giphy-227608220.gif.2e7a8b3950834e9181c01b39f6f93c5c.gif 

I don't play this game to do homework!  I've been considering running this guy just on SOs apart from a few scattered procs too. 

The most terrifying villain is the free person!

i ran many a redside run on a few global IOs and a ton of SOs, doing all content.  usually did not slap in sets until late 30s-40s

• Like 1