Rikti Invasions & Shard-Specific XP Boosts! (Update: Jan 16th)

Widower

• City Council
16 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Update - January 16th, 2024

Everlasting & Torchbearer are now have +50% XP. Reunion and Indomitable will remain at +100% XP.

Additionally, Rikti Invasions are now live on all shards and will continue until maintenance next week (January 23rd). Enjoy!

Hello everyone!

We're really pleased to see so many new and returning faces in the City! However, we're noticing that some of our servers are getting much more love than the others!

As such, we're going to be temporarily enabling 🏆 Double XP and 👽 Rikti Invasions on Torchbearer, Reunion and Indomitable (yes, we remembered Indom) until further notice.

You might also find our GMs awarding temporary titles to any Heroes and Villains who help defend against the Rikti invaders!

(As a reminder, you can transfer characters between shards from the character select screen - 5 tokens every 3 days.)

Enjoy!

PS: Open zones may not have the bonus active if they've been online for a long time - if you're not getting the bonus, try rezoning.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 8
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Moose 1
  • Banjo 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 3
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 2
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

• Widower changed the title to Double XP & Rikti Invasions on Torchbearer, Reunion and Indomitable!

If I could somehow transfer my bases (I have villain and a hero base) I'd certainly be happy to transfer. I mean the community on Excelsior is great, but I'd be happy to help balance servers. I guess I'm just to lazy to rebuild my bases though. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Moose 1

1 hour ago, jkwak said:

make a toon to keep your base on Exelsior, move temporary for the event, move back have the baseholder invite the character back

It's not so much the XP that I'm after, it's that they seem to want to balance the load on the servers. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, III said:

Temporary titles? Not permanent?

It's always been traditional that titles don't last forever - usually a week from memory. Consider them a temporary badge to be cherished for as long as you have them

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Busiest chatty day I have seen on Reunion in years.

The Ritki Invasions do not matter.

The temporary title for fighting above invasion does not matter.

If the double XP is kept enabled then Reunion (and the other two server shards) will keep busy.

3 minutes ago, Digirium said:

The Ritki Invasions do not matter.

i moved there to fight freaking Rikti all people do is help Posi -.- stupid Posi

• Haha 1

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak

Does this double XP cut off earning INF like the P2W one does?

From chat on Torch it sounded like it.

If I bought the 1.5x XP from the P2W, would it change me to that instead?

Or would they stack, giving me 3x XP?

Or be overridden  by the server-wide bonus?

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Does that mean if I am using a double xp power on torchbearer I will be getting 4x xp? Ugh.. I didn't see the post just before me.. sorry for the double question.

Edited by Chuckers
because I can't delete it.

1 hour ago, DoctorDitko said:

From doing some testing, it's 3x XP. So, the double is only applying to base xp. You essentially have double XP 2 times.

Level 1 minion gives 10 xp normally. With P2W vendor 2x buff, you get 20 XP. With both P2W vendor 2x buff and server double xp, you get 30 xp.

If you don't grab the P2W xp buff, you will get influence. 

• Thanks 1

• City Council
1 hour ago, Chuckers said:

Does that mean if I am using a double xp power on torchbearer I will be getting 4x xp? Ugh.. I didn't see the post just before me.. sorry for the double question.

1 hour ago, DoctorDitko said:

The bonus XP is additive in the game. So when you get the 2x XP buff, it's giving you +100% XP.

This results in Base + Buff = 100% + 100% = 200% XP (2x).

With this event, you are getting another +100%. So the base + buff + event = 100% + 100% + 100% = 300% (3x).

If you don't have the 2x XP buff, but tlrather the 1.5x XP, you will have base + buff + event = 100% + 50% + 100% = 250% (2.5x)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Booper said:

The bonus XP is additive in the game. So when you get the 2x XP buff, it's giving you +100% XP.

With this event, you are getting another +100%. So the base + buff + event = 100% + 100% + 100% = 300% (3x).

If you don't have the 2x XP buff, but tlrather the 1.5x XP, you will have base + buff + event = 100% + 50% + 100% = 250% (2.5x)

Ahh, I see, all this awesomeness is another devious way to sneak math into my life. Lord Nemesis would be proud.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Booper said:

Ouch.. that makes my brain hurt 🙂

Thanks 🙂

The double XP also applies to the AE, as GM_Kaiju stated on General channel on Indomitable shard at 19:23 (Eastern time, Stateside), so, potentially good news for those interested.

Excelsior shard TP hub with sorted zones and NPCs for your use: /macroimage archetypeicon_peacebringer SG_TP_RaDiCaL_(Tech_Theme) enter_base_from_passcode RADICAL-7910

Torchbearer shard TP hub with sorted zones and NPCs for your use:  /macroimage originicon_magic SG_TP_AllOurBase_(Arcane_Theme) enter_base_from_passcode ALLOURBASE-7287

Reunion shard TP hub with sorted zones and NPCs for your use:  /macroimage originicon_magic SG_TP_Introverts_(Arcane_Theme) enter_base_from_passcode INTROVERTS-3357

Everlasting (the unofficial RP shard, and, yes, the base is MEANT to be a little 'over-the-top' LOL) TP hub with sorted zones and NPCs for your use:  /macroimage originicon_magic SG_TP_SHADOWS_(Arcane_Theme) enter_base_from_passcode SHADOWS-10030

Indomitable shard with NPCs right at the entrance and the teleports just down the hallway and to the left (follow the arrows):  /macroimage archetypeicon_peacebringer SG_TP_ToTaLLY_RaD_(Tech_Theme) enter_base_from_passcode RAD-5896

So like... we can't even get the celebratory invasions on the other servers? I get the XP to help balance populations, but it's basically saying "No celebration for you" to those of us playing on Everlasting. 😬

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1

52 minutes ago, JKPhage said:

So like... we can't even get the celebratory invasions on the other servers? I get the XP to help balance populations, but it's basically saying "No celebration for you" to those of us playing on Everlasting. 😬

Both Everlasting and Excelsior have thriving, busy populations. The other three servers are near ghost towns. Doing a special event to help build them up is objectively a very good idea. Consider having a population that you can find a team with at any hour to be a year-round celebration.

Every character I have is on Excelsior, and I appreciate Torchbearer, Indomitable, and Reunion getting events to build them up. They need it, we don't. Just my two influence.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Great that you're all trying this out and thanks for doing it.  Something isn't adding up though.  Why try to drive more people to other low pop servers when people already there may be there specifically for the quieter experience as you all mentioned here?

2 hours ago, MelleXJoe said:

Both Everlasting and Excelsior have thriving, busy populations. The other three servers are near ghost towns. Doing a special event to help build them up is objectively a very good idea. Consider having a population that you can find a team with at any hour to be a year-round celebration.

Every character I have is on Excelsior, and I appreciate Torchbearer, Indomitable, and Reunion getting events to build them up. They need it, we don't. Just my two influence.

See my linked posts above.  Server transfers are free and people have the choice to move to a higher pop server or to a lower pop server based on their preference.  If pop is too low, move to another server.

6 minutes ago, Excraft said:

See my linked posts above.  Server transfers are free and people have the choice to move to a higher pop server or to a lower pop server based on their preference.  If pop is too low, move to another server.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the double XP reward comment I was replying to. A rather good answer to your comment is that they are keeping five shards up, so why not try to have all five active? At peak hours if everyone is on then the shards fill up and people can't get in as well. It's objectively a better situation for everyone if they have five shards with medium population as opposed to two shards with waiting lines. It's a great idea to encourage new people to join to bolster other shards, and offering a carrot to do that is good thinking.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, MelleXJoe said:

I'm not sure what that has to do with the double XP reward comment I was replying to. A rather good answer to your comment is that they are keeping five shards up, so why not try to have all five active? At peak hours if everyone is on then the shards fill up and people can't get in as well. It's objectively a better situation for everyone if they have five shards with medium population as opposed to two shards with waiting lines. It's a great idea to encourage new people to join to bolster other shards, and offering a carrot to do that is good thinking.

All shards have active players on them.  It's very Simple to understand my reply.  Please read the linked posts I included that provide context from the HC folk regarding server populations, player preferences and reminding that server transfers are free.  Trying to spread everyone out is not an "objectively better situation" for those who might want to play on lower population servers.  At the same time, if you or anyone else don't want to be in line waiting to get on, then use a free server transfer and move to a lower population server where there's no wait.  Having to wait in line a minute in order to be on a populated server so you have more people to do content with is a tradeoff.  Same goes for those who are on a lower pop server who might want to have more people to play with.  Those who don't want or don't need a large population can stay on the lesser populated servers. 

Not at all saying invasions and double XP on certain servers is a bad thing at all.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Excraft said:

All shards have active players on them.  It's very Simple to understand my reply.  Please read the linked posts I included that provide context from the HC folk regarding server populations, player preferences and reminding that server transfers are free.  Trying to spread everyone out is not an "objectively better situation" for those who might want to play on lower population servers.  At the same time, if you or anyone else don't want to be in line waiting to get on, then use a free server transfer and move to a lower population server where there's no wait.  Having to wait in line a minute in order to be on a populated server so you have more people to do content with is a tradeoff.  Same goes for those who are on a lower pop server who might want to have more people to play with.  Those who don't want or don't need a large population can stay on the lesser populated servers. 

Not at all saying invasions and double XP on certain servers is a bad thing at all.

So you're implying that they should keep under-performing servers active to appease the very small number of people that want to play a massively multiplayer online game on an unpopulated server? I'm sorry, there's no response that can be given to you that will satisfy whatever your concern is. The fact is that the game was made to be multiplayer, and so underpopulated servers are being given attention to bolster them. That's all anybody can tell you, as that's the very nature of the game itself. Best of luck.

Edited by MelleXJoe
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 3