Sally needs an Adamaster timer bar

15 minutes ago, Grey-Ghost said:

I think the suggestion was to change Sally to be a bit more predictable

Meh, considering she’s supposed to be like the ever elusive Nessy, I don’t think that makes sense. And it’s still far from being one of the hard badges to get. 

49 minutes ago, arcane said:

How is Sally comparable to Adamastor? Doesn’t the latter spawn on a set schedule while the former spawns at random?

Adamastor has a timer before he can be summoned again. He cannot appear more than once per hour. We can summon him whenever we like unless he has already been summoned in the past hour.

2 hours ago, Echo Night said:

Please. Kinda frustrating not knowing when the last time she was "arrested."  I have better things to do (like "arresting" Skulls) than guess when she will appear next.

Like @arcane said, she is supposed to be elusive. And even at that, you only have to hit her twice to get the badge.

2 minutes ago, Grey-Ghost said:
7 minutes ago, Rudra said:

you only have to hit her twice to get the badge.

Boop her gently on the snout so can continue to play hide-and-seek. No being mean to our Sally, she's a sweet girl. 😛

If it makes you feel any better, I only hit her with my unslotted Brawl. (Edit: Though there are times when I see her and have the badge already that I just swim around with her. It's kinda cool to swim with a benign plesiosaur.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, arcane said:

How is Sally comparable to Adamastor? Doesn’t the latter spawn on a set schedule while the former spawns at random?

I believe Sally has a spawn timer of 30-45 minutes. I got the badge about an hour ago or so, with the first bop on her nose being at 9:38 central time. I set a timer for 30 minutes and went back for the second bop. She didn't appear at that time. Another player was searching for her too and suggested that she spawns every 45 minutes and said the time would be at 20 after the hour his time. To the minute, she appeared at 20 after the hour.

I was in no way comparing her to Ada. I suggested that she needs a timer like Ada for simplicity's sake. What's the harm? There are timers for just about everything else in this game, so why should Sally be denied a predictable nose-bopping? I've been on the hunt for this badge many a time and when I was in one spawn location, she would spawn in another and a player would come along a tag her without even announcing that she was on her casual swim only for me to circle back around and see her carcass floating in the lake. That is just one of the frustrating aspects of this badge and the prime reason why I only have Geas on one character since CoH came back. Another is not knowing when she spawns. Still, another is not knowing when the last time she was bopped. I got lucky today. That luck happens (for me) once in a blue moon.

Elusive "Nessie" aspect aside, give the girl a predictable bopping already. Every GM (I know she's just a monster) in the game has a notification flash (I think) that they are out and about, or about to be out and about. Why not Sally? Or an Ada timer? Something.

Edited by Echo Night

31 minutes ago, Echo Night said:

I believe Sally has a spawn timer of 30-45 minutes. I got the badge about an hour ago or so, with the first bop on her nose being at 9:38 central time. I set a timer for 30 minutes and went back for the second bop. She didn't appear at that time. Another player was searching for her too and suggested that she spawns every 45 minutes and said the time would be at 20 after the hour his time. To the minute, she appeared at 20 after the hour.

I was in no way comparing her to Ada. I suggested that she needs a timer like Ada for simplicity's sake. What's the harm? There are timers for just about everything else in this game, so why should Sally be denied a predictable nose-bopping? I've been on the hunt for this badge many a time and when I was in one spawn location, she would spawn in another and a player would come along a tag her without even announcing that she was on her casual swim only for me to circle back around and see her carcass floating in the lake. That is just one of the frustrating aspects of this badge and the prime reason why I only have Geas on one character since CoH came back. Another is not knowing when she spawns. Still, another is not knowing when the last time she was bopped. I got lucky today. That luck happens (for me) once in a blue moon.

Elusive "Nessie" aspect aside, give the girl a predictable bopping already. Every GM (I know she's just a monster) in the game has a notification flash (I think) that they are out and about, or about to be out and about. Why not Sally? Or an Ada timer? Something.

Do what? First, when you hit Sally, she immediately dives. There is no carcass floating on the lake because she is never defeated/killed.* Second, why would the other player announce "Hey! Sally is right here!" if the player was going to bop her. There is no shared credit for Sally. Even if you are on a team. The 1 character that gets the hit in gets the credit. While it would be nice to announce that (s)he had tagged Sally so others looking can stop for a while, that is up to the individual player. (And considering how often players don't announce what they are doing even for limited availability objectives? Doesn't surprise me in the least.) And lastly, it doesn't matter where Sally spawns, she swims through all her spawn/sighting points until she is hit. So you have to do the figure eight search to find her.

(Edit: As for the notice? Notices about Croatoa monsters are locals reporting they saw the target. And Sally is elusive. She is only rumored per the canon for the zone. According to the lore, the locals keep looking for her and not seeing her. Like how people go to Scotland and look for Nessie but never see her. That's why the badge description says you can finally prove she exists.)

Edit again:

* - And if it was a time when she glitched and left a carcass to find? You should be happy because then you know to come back and look for her in 45 minutes.

Edited by Rudra

29 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Do what? First, when you hit Sally, she immediately dives. There is no carcass floating on the lake because she is never defeated/killed.* Second, why would the other player announce "Hey! Sally is right here!" if the player was going to bop her. There is no shared credit for Sally. Even if you are on a team. The 1 character that gets the hit in gets the credit. While it would be nice to announce that (s)he had tagged Sally so others looking can stop for a while, that is up to the individual player. (And considering how often players don't announce what they are doing even for limited availability objectives? Doesn't surprise me in the least.) And lastly, it doesn't matter where Sally spawns, she swims through all her spawn/sighting points until she is hit. So you have to do the figure eight search to find her.

(Edit: As for the notice? Notices about Croatoa monsters are locals reporting they saw the target. And Sally is elusive. She is only rumored per the canon for the zone. According to the lore, the locals keep looking for her and not seeing her. Like how people go to Scotland and look for Nessie but never see her. That's why the badge description says you can finally prove she exists.)

Edit again:

* - And if it was a time when she glitched and left a carcass to find? You should be happy because then you know to come back and look for her in 45 minutes.

There is a carcass for a few seconds after she dies just like every other mob in the game. She doesn't "Obi-Wan Kenobi." Your second point is as I stated, a frustrating aspect. There is shared credit. When I got the badge earlier today, I was on a team of three and the team leader bopped her ( not me) and we all got the cred. I don't remember the exact wording for the event that occurs in Croatoa, but there is a flash (if you have the event dialog enabled in chat) that says something like, "There is unusual monster activity spotted in Croatoa." The stand-alone, no, I don't think there is a flash.

As for your second edit, until today, I didn't know and still don't know if the 45-minute timer is official. It could be and for this small sample, seems to be the case. I was under the impression that it was a 30-minute timer and when Sally didn't spawn, I assumed someone had beat me to her and therefore could not possibly know when to hunt next. I'd rather not have to spend a couple of hours or even an hour hopping or flying around the lake hoping to get to her first when I could be running missions.

Everyone on the team gets credit for Sally if only one person plays tag with her, though I believe they must all be in Croatoa. And the 30-45 minute timer is even mentioned in the wiki.

Not sure I can agree with giving her arrival an announcement, as they others have said, Sally is meant to be allusive.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

48 minutes ago, Echo Night said:

There is shared credit. When I got the badge earlier today, I was on a team of three and the team leader bopped her ( not me) and we all got the cred.

28 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Everyone on the team gets credit for Sally if only one person plays tag with her, though I believe they must all be in Croatoa.

That's a change I'm happy to hear about. It used to be credit wasn't shared.

49 minutes ago, Echo Night said:

There is a carcass for a few seconds after she dies just like every other mob in the game. She doesn't "Obi-Wan Kenobi."

I have never seen a carcass of Sally since that bug that left her on the lake after being tagged was fixed. You're right, she doesn't "Obi-Wan Kenobi". She goes through a dive animation and is despawned.

12 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I have never seen a carcass of Sally since that bug that left her on the lake after being tagged was fixed. You're right, she doesn't "Obi-Wan Kenobi". She goes through a dive animation and is despawned.

When I say carcass, I mean her targeting reticle. Carcass took less effort to spell out.

55 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Not sure I can agree with giving her arrival an announcement, as they others have said, Sally is meant to be allusive.

This. 

Also don't need everything in the game set up for obsessive and obsessed.

• Thumbs Up 2

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

2 hours ago, Echo Night said:

"There is unusual monster activity spotted in Croatoa."

I should have addressed this one earlier. Apologies. The unusual monster activity in Croatoa notice is the War notice, when Eochai and Jack make their way to the far north of the map to smack each other. The pale giant notice is the Jack in Irons spawn notice. And of course the great pumpkin comment is Eochai. In all three cases, it is the locals reporting to the authorities that they saw the monsters.

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

That's a change I'm happy to hear about. It used to be credit wasn't shared.

I'm ... fairly sure it always was.

Otherwise players would have found ways to turn Croatoa into another PVP zone to keep *anyone* else on the team from getting credit back when she was on a ... what was it, multi *hour* timer?

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

23 minutes ago, Greycat said:

I'm ... fairly sure it always was.

Otherwise players would have found ways to turn Croatoa into another PVP zone to keep *anyone* else on the team from getting credit back when she was on a ... what was it, multi *hour* timer?

No, it wasn't. Back on Live guaranteed, and I think for a little while on HC, Sally credit only went to whichever character hit her 1st. That was a major complaint back on Live.

Leave her as she is.

She's not a tool for you to gain a badge. She's a whimsy to be cherished and treasured in a world of instant  gratification.

Some things are worth waiting for!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

1 hour ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Leave her as she is.

She's not a tool for you to gain a badge. She's a whimsy to be cherished and treasured in a world of instant  gratification.

Some things are worth waiting for!

But, you do get a badge...