Suggestion for a new character?

I've been away from HC for a while, but the license news brought me back.  My favourite power combo in the game so far is a Dual Pistols/Martial Combat blaster.  I love the BAM and the KAPOW, the stylish animations, and having a lot of ranged attacks but being able to TP into melee and kick some ass.  I have a name for a new character (Minx Max) but no idea what AT and power sets I want to try next.  So, what should I go for?

In the past I've mostly played Blasters, Corrs and Defenders, but I'm open to trying anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

How long have you been away?  Some of the powerset proliferation has been going on, so there may be choices worth trying that arrived after you left, such as Storm Blast that premiered in April 2023 with Issue 27, page 6.  It's a primary for blasters, corruptors, and sentinels, and a secondary for defenders. 

Minx Max sounds like a large cat, feline and feral so maybe a claws/SR brute or something - agile and mobile, perhaps with Combat TP to launch into mobs almost an assassin type in and out but tough enough to stand toe to toe

• Like 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

Have you tried AR since the re…vamp!!!   Sexy sexy sexy.  What it always should have been.  The equivalent for AR of fixing Sentinels…..

I don't think I ever tried it before the revamp.  I'll have a look at it.  Is it better on any particular AT?

Regeneratio delenda est!

1 minute ago, Grouchybeast said:

Aww, thank you.

You one of the best!

• Like 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

7 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Minx Max sounds like a large cat, feline and feral so maybe a claws/SR brute or something - agile and mobile, perhaps with Combat TP to launch into mobs almost an assassin type in and out but tough enough to stand toe to toe

I have a Claw/Elec scrapper, and she's one of my favourites, too.  I hadn't thought about respeccing her into Combat Teleport, though.  Another project!

• Thumbs Up 1

Regeneratio delenda est!

7 hours ago, Techwright said:

How long have you been away?  Some of the powerset proliferation has been going on, so there may be choices worth trying that arrived after you left, such as Storm Blast that premiered in April 2023 with Issue 27, page 6.  It's a primary for blasters, corruptors, and sentinels, and a secondary for defenders. 

I must've been away when that one came out.  It looks like fun!

Regeneratio delenda est!

8 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

I don't think I ever tried it before the revamp.  I'll have a look at it.  Is it better on any particular AT?

Blaster of course!   I am sure it is nice on Corr and whoever else has access.  But the changes across the board just really dial in the pain dealer. Big tweaks on a few powers with the T9 full auto becoming a fat cone instead of a narrow tube.  AR is a serious set now.  

19 minutes ago, Lusiphur Malache said:

You've already made a blapper, next you should try an offender.  Offenders never take Empathy or Pain Domination, slot for damage or debuffs mostly, and can only rez one teammate per fight (not even that many if you are time/*).

My first offender (and first 50 on live) was Empathy/energy... Part of Repeat Offenders "Green Machine" super group.

Also, dark can rez more than 1 at a time.

What this team needs is more Defenders