Recipe Stockpile, ATOs, Boosters

Hello, Everyone. I have amassed a stockpile of unused/uncrafted recipes for quite some time (very random levels). So, before I just flat-out get rid of them all, here is the skinny:

1. Crafting, selling, flipping for a level and managing excess IO recipes is not something I want to do. Too tedious. (Have plenty of Merits and Influence).
  2. Besides the above actions, would you have any other suggestions? (Truly appreciated...)

With the above, main focus is having "set" bonuses: At 50 and for Exemping.

1. I think ATOs or lvl 25 IOs are the best route, right?
  2. On the flip side, would using Enhancement Boosters for lvl 25 IOs be another route?

Thanks in advance for any help. Be well.

If you're not going for crafting badges, common IO recipes are best sold at a vendor, and the price received increases as the level increases. Vendors only pay a flat 5,000 inf for uncommon recipes and 10,000 inf for rare recipes. If you're not interested in crafting them and playing converter roulette, check their values on the AH. Some of the rare recipes sell for quite a lot.

If you're looking for set bonuses that stay with you when you exemp:

• ATOs are available at lvl 10 and are attuned. At lvl 50 they can be catalyzed into superior versions.
  • Winter IOs are available at lvl 10 and are attuned. At lvl 50 they can be catalyzed into superior versions.
  • PVP IOs retain their set bonuses at all levels. While you may want to slot attuned versions while leveling, at lvl 50 it's best to replace them with lvl 50 versions (which can be boosted).
  • Purple IOs are only available at lvl 50. They retain their set bonuses at all levels and can be boosted. (There's no reason to ever buy attuned versions.)

While lvl 25 IOs are useful when you hit lvl 22 (and can be used indefinitely if you don't replace them with IO sets as you level), they're not particularly attractive at lvl 50. There's absolutely no reason to boost a lvl 25 IO. A lvl 25+5 IO is worse than an unboosted lvl 50 IO. Most people boost lvl 50 IOs.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Microphone 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

If you don't want to craft then you only have a few options.

Give them away like SkyHawke mentions.

Sell on AH

Sell them the store

Delete

As for set bonuses, ATOs are good.  WTOs are also good.  There are a lot of named IOs that give nice bonuses as well.  

I have a decent stock of IOs that I have catalyzed that I use on my leveling toons.  Once they hit 50 I respect and swap out to IOs that I can boost.  I would not boost Named IOs use a catalyst.  Keep in mind that you can't catalyze ATOs or WTOs until you are 50.  They be cone "Superior" versions ie level 50 enhancements.

• Microphone 2

1 hour ago, Monty Haull said:

If you don't want to craft then you only have a few options.

Give them away like SkyHawke mentions.

Sell on AH

Sell them the store

Delete

As for set bonuses, ATOs are good.  WTOs are also good.  There are a lot of named IOs that give nice bonuses as well.  

I have a decent stock of IOs that I have catalyzed that I use on my leveling toons.  Once they hit 50 I respect and swap out to IOs that I can boost.  I would not boost Named IOs use a catalyst.  Keep in mind that you can't catalyze ATOs or WTOs until you are 50.  They be cone "Superior" versions ie level 50 enhancements.

The last one is what I do too.  I have a few sets of defense, resist, heals, and the various damage types. While they dont add up to a coherent build usually, they get you often part of the way to where teaming buffs get you a pretty good sense of your character before you get to 50. 

I would vendor the commons and post the rest on ah for 5 inf quick sale.

Most aren't worth a lot, and no need to fiddle with the details. The more valuable ones will still have "good enough" bids to catch and they'll give you inf immediately. As a bonus, posting less desired io recipes is healthy for the market, as it feeds those out there playing the converter game, which stabilizes price for other iOS. 

Vendor the common IO recipes.

I drop all my other recipes in the AH and run though them to see if any of them look worth crafting (or for you, if any of them sell for decent inf and are worth listing).  As I go down the list I drag the ones I don't want to do anything more with back into my inventory and then vendor them.

• Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

I would not use Enhancement Boosters on level 25 common IOs. Just buy level 30 common IOs.

ATOs, Winter, Overwhelming Force are fine while leveling and offer set bonuses deep down into exemplar territory. PVP pieces are similar, but they don't come attuned... and generally they should be attuned below level 50 and boosted at level 50 (if you desire more of what they are enhancing). PVP set bonuses scale down, but the enhanced values top out at whatever their max level is.

If you aren't into planning a build and accumulating the set pieces you want along the way, level 30 common IOs will be fine.

If the market isn't your thing: just sell the recipes at a vendor.

On 1/14/2024 at 4:40 AM, DaeHanMusa said:

Hello, Everyone. I have amassed a stockpile of unused/uncrafted recipes for quite some time (very random levels). So, before I just flat-out get rid of them all, here is the skinny:

1. Crafting, selling, flipping for a level and managing excess IO recipes is not something I want to do. Too tedious. (Have plenty of Merits and Influence).
  2. Besides the above actions, would you have any other suggestions? (Truly appreciated...)

2. On the flip side, would using Enhancement Boosters for lvl 25 IOs be another route?

I think a lot of people are in this boat. I know at one time I tried to make a Sheets of all the IO's and sets out there and put how many IO's I had for each set and which base they were located at.

I have 1 base now that is filled for storage of IO's and Salvage pieces....Thinking of making a second bas just to store more enhancements and salvage. 

If you're really against taking the time to look up stuff ("I wonder if this recipe crafted is worth anything?") then just throw it at the AH for 5.  I mean, I feel that's leaving some money on the table, fairly easy money, buuuuut I'm mainly here for the pew pew pew, so the homework side of things often bores me as well.

• Like 2
  • Banjo 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 1/14/2024 at 1:24 PM, Skyhawke said:

Hand them out in Altla Park/Mercy Island?

Community game benefits from community minded players!

• Like 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

On 1/14/2024 at 7:40 AM, DaeHanMusa said:
  • Crafting, selling, flipping for a level and managing excess IO recipes is not something I want to do. Too tedious. (Have plenty of Merits and Influence).
  • Besides the above actions, would you have any other suggestions? (Truly appreciated...)

Sell them on the /ah

Don't craft them. Just sell them.

On 1/14/2024 at 7:40 AM, DaeHanMusa said:
  • I think ATOs or lvl 25 IOs are the best route, right?
  • On the flip side, would using Enhancement Boosters for lvl 25 IOs be another route?

It depends if you will be exemplaring down or just running level 50+ content.

If you plan to exemplar down alot, go with Attuned.

Don't slot any purples - purples don't scale down.

All ATOs are attuned. All Universal Damage are Attuned. Winter Lord Card Pack-related enhancements are attuned.

You can buy attuned set enhances for the same price as the enhancement at a set level. You can attune an enhancement with a catalyst. If you attune something when at level 50 it can make it a purple so be careful.

You could cobble-together/franken-slot Attuned set enhances to replace non-Attunable enhances effects (accuracy, damage, etc.)

I never tried boosting a non-set IO. I don't think that is a thing. I think you can only boost the non-IO enhancements like SO's.

Boosting is mostly for people that only want to lay 50+ content.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

5 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

Don't slot any purples - purples don't scale down.

Not true. Set bonuses from purple IO sets are available at all levels, even if the power it's slotted in is unavailable when exemplared.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Very_Rare_IO_Sets

8 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

I never tried boosting a non-set IO. I don't think that is a thing. I think you can only boost the non-IO enhancements like SO's.

Boosting lvl 50 common IOs to 50+5 is very much a thing. For example, slotting Hasten with two 50+5 recharge IOs. SOs can't be boosted, they can only be combined. 
https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Enhancement_Booster_Salvage

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 1/14/2024 at 4:40 AM, DaeHanMusa said:

The real key here is converting.  learning the level breaks (usually 15, 20, 25, 30) of various sets and an idea of what you are trying to convert to.  Say you have a level 12 recipe.  I would craft that, then convert until I got a resist set.  Then craft until I got a Steadfast.  Then get the 3% global.  Then place on AH.  Few mill.  Once youlearn what you are shooting for in the various ranges (there are just a few) you know what options you want, and play converter roulette.  Each recipe will net you a few mill done correctly.  But, yes, it is boring.  

2 hours ago, Uun said:

Not true. Set bonuses from purple IO sets are available at all levels, even if the power it's slotted in is unavailable when exemplared.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Very_Rare_IO_Sets

Set bonus (down to the lowest level they can be slotted), but not the base values for the individual enhancements (as far as I know).

There are Purple sets that can't be slotted below level 50. In that case, they don't get the set bonuses below level 50.

"Very Rare IO Sets (aka "purple" sets, after their rarity color) are IO sets that only drop as level 50 recipes. They provide stronger enhancement bonuses and stronger set bonuses than normal, under the heading of Superior. Their set bonuses are available at all levels even when exemplaring to a level where the power the set is placed into is unavailable, like PvP IO Sets. To balance these strengths, Very Rare IOs can only be slotted by level 50 characters, and every single one is Unique." - https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Very_Rare_IO_Sets

It seems to read that you don't get the set bonus if your character is exemplar-ed down to level when the power is unavailable.

I have to say, that if you are correct, there have been a whole lot of people in the forums telling player's not to catalyze attuned enhancements at level 50 for no good reason and I've seen a good number of posts and /help messages about it.

That being said, I have no personal experience with Purple Set behavior because I haven't slotted purples on any of my characters.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, UltraAlt said:

"Very Rare IO Sets (aka "purple" sets, after their rarity color) are IO sets that only drop as level 50 recipes. They provide stronger enhancement bonuses and stronger set bonuses than normal, under the heading of Superior. Their set bonuses are available at all levels even when exemplaring to a level where the power the set is placed into is unavailable, like PvP IO Sets. To balance these strengths, Very Rare IOs can only be slotted by level 50 characters, and every single one is Unique." - https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Very_Rare_IO_Sets

It seems to read that you don't get the set bonus if your character is exemplar-ed down to level when the power is unavailable.

It's saying the exact opposite.  'Their set bonuses are available at all levels even when exemplaring to a level where the power the set is placed into is unavailable'.  A character has to be 50 to slot the purple IO, but once it's slotted they will get the set bonus even if exemplared to level 1.  Purple 

Normal Uncommon and Rare Sets

- keep their set bonuses when exemplared even if the power is greyed out.

- lose their set bonuses if exemplared more than 3 levels below the level of the IOs.

Attuned Uncommon and Rare Sets

- only lose their set bonuses if exemplared more than 3 levels below the minimum range of the set.

Normal Very Rare & PVP Sets

- keep their set bonuses when exemplared at all levels.

So the reason that people say don't catalyse purple sets is that it's pointless.  The advantage of catalysing other IOs is that it means they keep their bonuses when exemplared to lower levels because Attuned IOs no longer have a fixed level.  Purple sets already keep their set bonuses at every level, so it's a waste of a catalyst.

Other than that, Purple sets base values (Acc, Dam, Rech etc) are effected by exemplar scaling in exactly the same way as all other enhancements.

• Like 2

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

3 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

There are Purple sets that can't be slotted below level 50. In that case, they don't get the set bonuses below level 50.

ALL purple sets can ONLY be slotted at level 50.  They most certainly do get the set bonuses below 50.  They get them right down to level 1.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

3 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

t's saying the exact opposite.  'Their set bonuses are available at all levels even when exemplaring to a level where the power the set is placed into is unavailable'.  A character has to be 50 to slot the purple IO, but once it's slotted they will get the set bonus even if exemplared to level 1.  Purple 

Apparently, yet another tired and confused moment on my part.

6 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

That being said, I have no personal experience with Purple Set behavior because I haven't slotted purples on any of my characters.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2024 at 5:46 PM, Grouchybeast said:

ISo the reason that people say don't catalyse purple sets is that it's pointless.  The advantage of catalysing other IOs is that it means they keep their bonuses when exemplared to lower levels because Attuned IOs no longer have a fixed level.  Purple sets already keep their set bonuses at every level, so it's a waste of a catalyst.

Other than that, Purple sets base values (Acc, Dam, Rech etc) are effected by exemplar scaling in exactly the same way as all other enhancements.

@Grouchybeast is right on all points, but teh lede was buried on why NOT to catalyse Purple sets... if they are catalysed, they cannot be boosted.

The only circumstances where I don't boost a Superior piece are:

• The recharge part of the piece has a noticeable negative effect on some %proc chance (gotta math it people!) in that power
  • The piece itself is a %proc (because the game won't let you boost such a piece, or slot one should you end up with one via conversion)

Usually using Superior pieces get you into the point of diminishing returns, but more is MOAR.

• Like 1

Another point to mention, specifically about ATOs...there are some which give desirable set bonuses when there are fewer are slotted.  As an example, Corruptor's Scourging Blast gives a recharge bonus when 3 are slotted in a power: 6.25% natively and 10% when Catalyzed.  I knew of this set's bonus as I'm currently leveling a corruptor and have the 6 Scourging Blast enh's split into 2 powers for that sweet recharge bonus before I could start slotting LoTG.  Other ATO sets have different bonuses of course but they're worth looking into!