AI build

Is there an AI (yet) where you could just state what you goals are and it would craft for you the best build?  Then you could tweak it a little to suit yourself.

I suppose not yet but that would be great if there was, wouldn't it?

• Like 1

In an earlier form of mids someone built an AI into a separate fork of the software. It let you choose up to like three priorities like defense or dps or different kinds of resist. Then it would generate a build based on that.

It was very brute forcey and could take a loooong time to generate. and the results were not optimal although it did strike near the targets you gave it.

It is gone now, too many iterations in the past to be of use. You might be able to find it in these forms somewhere but it is little more than an antique curio now. 

• 1 month later

I've tried to get ChatGPT to offer a build. It offers a choice of primary/secondary, but doesn't (yet) grasp what a build would look like. It does a fairly good job on the bio/origin story, though. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 7:16 AM, 25625 said:

Is there an AI (yet) where you could just state what you goals are and it would craft for you the best build?  Then you could tweak it a little to suit yourself.

I suppose not yet but that would be great if there was, wouldn't it?

It is much more tailored.  A build in CoH is very detailed 

What you are asking is like asking a car company, sight unseen, to build you a complete new car based on 5-6 words.  Fast, comfortable, small, bright colored, convertible and expect the car to be something you like when they deliver it. 

The traditional way is to decide the sets you want to play. If you know the sets, easier.  But you may need to research the sets and figure that out.  

Then you come to the boards to find if someone has done similar work.   I can guarantee you someone has.  Just gotta find it.  

Then you either run that, or spend some time in MiDs tailoring those ideas to your concept.  

I asked ChatGPT to make an Invulnerability/Super Strength Tank build for me today.

It responded by moving my Rook like a Knight, created a Checker out of thin air at e6, and then it declared "Bingo!".

The human race is doomed?

• Haha 1

Those times you saw no footprints, I had Fly toggled on.

The following was using Gemini just now...

Create a Mids Reborn build for the MMO City of Heroes of a Blaster with Radiation Blast as a Primary and Plant Manipulation as a Secondary powerset. Please incorporate either fly or mystic flight into the build. Also take Scorpion Shield.

Here's a Mids Reborn Blaster build for City of Heroes using Radiation Blast (primary), Plant Manipulation (secondary), and Scorpion Shield:

Primary Power Set: Radiation Blast

Level 1: Gamma Blast (build for damage and recharge)
Level 2: Radioactive Spray (build for area of effect damage and recharge)
Level 4: Alpha Blast (build for damage and recharge)
Level 6: Geiger Blast (build for damage and knockback)
Level 8: Fission Field (build for damage and recharge)
Level 10: Gamma Pulse (build for damage and endurance reduction)
Level 12: Transmutation (build for damage and heal)
Level 14: Fallout (build for damage and recharge)
Level 16: Particle Beam (build for damage and hold)
Level 18: Beta Blast (build for damage and knockdown)
Level 20: Supernova (build for damage and area of effect)
Level 22: Radioactive Aura (build for damage and self-buff)
Level 24: Cell Buster (build for damage and armor penetration)
Level 28: Sunstorm (build for damage and endurance drain)
Level 30: Proton Beam (build for damage and critical hit chance)
Level 32: Irradiated Ground (build for damage and area of effect)
Level 34: Stellar Flare (build for damage and recharge)
Level 36: Transuranic Blast (build for damage and critical hit chance)
Level 40: Cosmic Blast (build for damage and endurance reduction)
Level 44: Genetic Bomb (build for damage and area of effect)
Level 48: Hypernova (build for damage and self-buff)
Level 50: Black Hole (build for damage and hold)

Secondary Power Set: Plant Manipulation

Level 1: Thornling (build for damage and immobilize)
Level 4: Creeping Vines (build for damage and hold)
Level 6: Spore Burst (build for damage and area of effect)
Level 8: Grasping Vines (build for damage and recharge)
Level 10: Poison Cloud (build for damage and endurance drain)
Level 14: Bramble Patch (build for damage and area of effect)
Level 16: Spiked Barrier (build for defense and regeneration)
Level 18: Healing Touch (build for healing)
Level 20: Thorn Armor (build for defense and damage reflection)
Level 24: Wood Puppet (build for summoning a pet)
Level 30: Photosynthesis (build for self-healing)
Level 34: Vine Lash (build for damage and knockback)
Level 36: Verdant Regeneration (build for healing and regeneration)
Level 40: Weed Whacker (build for damage and area of effect)
Level 44: Thorny Assault (build for damage and armor penetration)
Level 48: Blossom (build for healing and buff)
Travel Power:

Level 26: Mystic Flight (for unrestricted movement)
Defense Power:

Level 38: Scorpion Shield (for defense and regeneration)

This build focuses on Radiation Blast for high damage output, with Plant Manipulation for defense, crowd control, and some healing. Mystic Flight provides mobility, and Scorpion Shield bolsters your defenses. You can adjust the slotting of powers to fit your playstyle preferences.

---

It's definitely a ways off, but I will say I'm curious what some of these imaginary powers would do in the first place if they existed.

I’ve fantasized for a long time about training a generative AI to create mids builds, say by feeding it mids data chunks. The problem is the huge amount of training data needed. Maybe if I had access to Homecoming’s databases and could scrape a million builds…

And the quality of these stochastic parrots’ output depends on the quality of the training data. So you’d also need a way to ensure the builds scraped are of a certain minimum quality. 

Creating a build is closer to an art than a science.  First, you have to learn the basics and the standard techniques “paint a flower”. Then you have to learn intricacies, color, depth, position, focus. Then you start to break rules to create the concept you want.  Not arguing that we are all Picassos but it is not as simple as ordering a burrito and having a guy drop beans and salsa on a tortilla. 

On 3/12/2024 at 6:54 AM, Ukase said:

I've tried to get ChatGPT to offer a build. It offers a choice of primary/secondary, but doesn't (yet) grasp what a build would look like. It does a fairly good job on the bio/origin story, though. 

Given that it's just using pattern recognition based on the existing pool of data, I would expect ChatGPT responses to mimic the most frequent posts on this board.... so lots of vampire references and dark/dark corruptor suggestions.

• Haha 4

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

18 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

Given that it's just using pattern recognition based on the existing pool of data, I would expect ChatGPT responses to mimic the most frequent posts on this board.... so lots of vampire references and dark/dark corruptor suggestions.

And repeated use of the word, Snarky.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/19/2024 at 10:40 AM, Mopery said:

I asked ChatGPT to make an Invulnerability/Super Strength Tank build for me today.

It responded by moving my Rook like a Knight, created a Checker out of thin air at e6, and then it declared "Bingo!".

The human race is doomed?

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate."

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

• 2 weeks later