[OPEN BETA] Patch Notes for January 19th, 2024 - Issue 27, Page 7 - Build 1

I haven't finished reading the patch notes fully - but the VEAT changes. Thank you so much. I've been wanting them for so long, I even said like earlier today in soldier chat "why cant they make the crab attacks just at least the same cast time as the soldier ones?" and you not only did that but more.

I literally am on my knees praising the ground the devs walk on. I have tried so hard to make bane spiders work and its just not great atm. These changes though are a literal gamechanger. It's huge, I'm extremely happy.

This is literally everything I've been hoping for in a VEAT update.

Thank you so much.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/19/2024 at 12:07 PM, The Curator said:
  • Chain Lightning:
    • Chain decay per jump is 0.18, down from 0.20
    • Chain decay caps at 0.64, up from 0.60
    • Chain fork is now 1,1,1,1,2 instead of 2,2
    • Sentinel fork is now 1,1,2 instead of 2,2
    • Chain delay is now 0.3, up from 0.2
    • Chain radius is now 10', down from 15'
    • Damage scale now 1 and 0.04x4 over 2.2s, up from 0.827 and 0.10x4 over 2.2s
    • Recharge 16s, down from 20s
    • Accuracy improved to 1.15, up from 1.0
  • Category Five:
    • Eye Wall targets up to 16, up from 10 for non-Sentinels
    • Eye Wall is summoned after a 3s delay, down from 5s (same duration, so it now fades out slightly sooner too)
    • Now has 100% proc rate for Storm Cell procs if summoned while active.
  • Storm Cell:
    • Now has 100% proc rate for Category Five lightning if summoned while active.
    • Split between Lightning Split/Focused/Spread is now evenly 33.33% each, instead of 50%/25%/25%
    • Lightning (Split) damage scale now 0.7, up from 0.6
    • Lightning (Focused) damage scale now 1.0, down from 1.2
    • Lightning (Spread) damage scale now 0.4, up from 0.3
    • Lightning Lockout is now 1s for all, down from 4/3/2s (Focused/Split/Spread)
    • Knockdown and End Drain stats for all lightning normalized to 50% and 5%, respectively, regardless of which version hits.
  • Proc Chances:
    • Gust now has 35% chance, up from 20%
    • Hailstones/Jetstream now has 50% chance, up from 40%
    • Chain Lightning/Direct Strike/Cloudburst now has 70% chance, up from 60%
    • Direct Strike (slow) now has 90% chance, up from 80%.

And fix chain's end cost down a bit, still far too high especially given the power as it works, still falls far behind other aoes as it can't proc anything at all, and can still miss half or all of the mob depending on how the chain goes or if it misses which other aoes don't deal with. Given that also, there really is no reason to reduce the chain distance down to 10.

Regarding cell/proc chances. Good direction. Will need to test to see how this turns it out, though would still rather have the attacks just proc 100% of the time even with the longer lockout so you can use that time between to use non-storm powers without losing damage on cell and c5. Regardless the attacks should all have a higher, and the same proc chance. Especially how this ruins the use of gust, even 35% is hardly enough given the powers they're proccing. The powers should all proc the same cause then you either can focus on the higher damage ones, accepting it means less proccing based on animation time, or focus on using gust more to proc cell and c5.

Lotsa good changes, a few questionable...but hey, at least there are changes. A game this old cannot remain in a stagnated state forever and expect to survive/compete with current games...and I think much of this is headed in the right direction.

• Sleet
    • Turned into a real pseudopet, inheriting AT modifiers
      • Controller/Corruptor: -Res lowered from -30% to -22.5%, -Defense lowered from -30% to -24%
      • Mastermind/Dominator: -Res lowered from -30% to -22.5%, -Defense lowered from -30% to -18%
  • Frostwork
    • +Max HP replaced with +Absorb
  • Heat Loss
    • No longer a pseudopet, uses AT modifiers
      • Controller/Corruptor/Mastermind: +Recovery increased from  50% to 62.5%, -Res reduced from 24% to -22.5%

I can see the sleet/freezing rain changes, heat loss too. But frostwork, it really should be a pbaoe power. Even as absorb, it's better, but doesn't address the self-survival of cold. I've always suggested it still be max hp, which is mostly usesless to teammates, but include a regen bonus to it, instead of absorb, to make more use of it as well. Absorb works though, but the power should really still be a pbaoe ability.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Mind Control/Telekinesis:

• No longer holds
  • Now Immobilizes
  • Target cap increased to 16
  • Radius increased to 20'
  • Will now keep the targets between 40 and 60 feet from the player
  • Will group enemies close to the main target (i.e. "reverse repel" or "pull towards").
  • Toggle now lasts a max of 30s before auto-shutdown

Generally hate any power that has an auto shut off. would rather have a click instead. Always said this power should just be a click aoe immobilze, but have -resistance instead of damage so that it won't wake the sleeping enemies.

Love more pull ins, but again with an auto shut off, would rather it be a click that pulls in like axe cyclone, or leave a lasting effect for a few seconds that does this after it's used.

On that note, Still don't see any reason for aoe controls to have an acc penalty especially when nukes get a BONUS and just outright kill them., especially the aoe immobilizes, can we get this fixed as well.

Sonic Resonance/Liquefy:

• Cooldown reduced from 300s to 150s

Thank goodness lol

Nature Affinity/Lifegiving Spores:

Can we also fix this power, like, entirely. The long cast time, the tiny radius, the toggle effect of it, and the TERRIBLE actual stats even if all those are fixed. The heal/end it gives are FAR too low for a 4s proc rate. As is even at a 1s proc rate it feels kinda weak, even especially given all the other issues wrong with it i mentioned.

Make it just a location cast power, not toggle (which toggles off when mezzed for some unknown reason, same with spirit ward/enflame). increase the radius to 25ft, animate faster, increase the radius to 25ft, and if all those are fixed, i could see maybe proccing the heal/end every 2s instead of 4, but no longer than that. I'd still question it even at those stats.

Likewise, for just what is essentially a big heal, wild bastion also should definitely not have a 4 minute recharge. Given what the power does it honestly should be at about 60s, but given the set as a whole could see 90, or at most 120s rech, but definitely not 4 minutes. Would make more sense for the absorb to be what procs over time too, not the heal. Should be a big heal up front, then with the proccing absorb over time.

Thunder Strike consistency pass (All versions):

• Recharge increased from 18s to 20s
  • Radius increased from 7' to 10'
  • Endurance cost increased from 10.192 to 18.512
  • Cast time reduced from 3.3s to 2.53s
  • Main target damage increased from scale 2.38 to scale 2.98
  • Secondary target damage set to scale 0.42
  • Epic versions of this power has 40s cooldown and 23.14 endurance cost

Can we also get this normalized to like a .01 mag knockback so it's knockdown on all versions and won't stack with things like the avalanche kd proc to cause knockback we don't want?

Edit: also, can we PLEASE get spinning strike and a touch of fear fixed to have an actually useful radius of 10ft too. Even pbaoe powers have 8ft (which is honestly still too small and the number one reason i end up getting annoyed with non-tank melee). But these are even worse as you can't position a taoe power the same as a pbaoe power, and it'll constantly miss enemies on the other side of you when they're surrounding you with the terribly small radius they have now at 6ft.

New Psionic Mastery Epic pool for Scrappers and Stalkers:

• Mental Blast (Ranged, DMG(Psionic), Target -Recharge)
  • Psionic Lance (Sniper, DMG(Psionic), Target -Recharge)
  • Psychic Scream (Ranged (Cone), DMG(Psionic), Foe -Recharge)
  • Harmonic Mind (Auto: Self, +Recovery, Endurance Discount)
  • Psionic Nexus (Summon Psionic Nexus: Ranged DMG(Psionic))

Please move the recovery power to at least tier 3 if not sooner. Psy scream is also a bit slow and not good as a cone for a melee AT. It should be psy tornadao.

Edited by WindDemon21
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/19/2024 at 9:07 AM, The Curator said:

Giant Monster Rewards

Adamastor

• Adamastor now only drops Rewards Merits to the same character once every eighteen hours; Amount of merits earned remains the same as before.

Lusca

• Each of Lusca's eight tentacles now drop 2 Reward Merits each, bringing the total merit count for a complete Lusca clear up to 22.

A sad goodbye to the hourly Ada quickie and good riddance to AFK merit farmers. On the plus side, Lusca may be worth the time/effort now!

High-Level Council & Circle of Thorns Revamps

No. One of the best parts of this game is being able to come on and relax with some heroic fighting. There are already tougher enemies in the game. Please keep these at least as a standard to just enjoy the game if you want to pop on for some easier killing. Not everything has to be super difficult.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

good lord, that's quite the update! some great changes:

Can't wait to try this on my mind/fire dom:

Mind Control/Telekinesis:

No longer holds
    Now Immobilizes
    Target cap increased to 16
    Radius increased to 20'
    Will now keep the targets between 40 and 60 feet from the player
    Will group enemies close to the main target (i.e. "reverse repel" or "pull towards").
    Toggle now lasts a max of 30s before auto-shutdown

This has the potential to revive Sonic Resonance. liquefy is now a worthwhile power:

Sonic Resonance/Liquefy:

Cooldown reduced from 300s to 150s

• Like 2

I kind of wish the new controller set was a lot less Assault Rifle and more Gadgety. Cause some of the powers in there would make a REALLY good Batman style powerset. Cloaking Devices, Sleep Grenade, Smoke Grenades etc. but then the Assault Rifle stuff kinda makes it a bit more Deathstroke instead. I hope the grenade and bomb powers are taken and put into some sort of patron or ancillary power pool because those are really cool for a Batman style hero!

• Like 1

Also, a minor overlap of stuff in Kallisti Wharf at 305.9 41.7 801.8:

The curved barrier pokes through the straight one...

E1c9Vvr.png

And as you can see, from the right angle it's invisible and weird that it does that.  If you place another object to block off the empty area, the crossover could look intentional and be just fine.  It's just the open ended section that's a problem.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Moose 1

41 minutes ago, Thraxen said:

How does a scrapper have an ice snipe but blasters do not???

I don't know why Scrappers have an Ice snipe, but I most definitely don't want an Ice snipe taking the place any of the powers that are currently in the Ice Blast power set. 

7 minutes ago, Illithid317 said:

I don't know why Scrappers have an Ice snipe, but I most definitely don't want an Ice snipe taking the place any of the powers that are currently in the Ice Blast power set. 

Why?  Not at computer now,  but the super long animation I think bitter ice blast? I like the hold powers. Or replace ice storm.