[OPEN BETA] Patch Notes for January 19th, 2024 - Issue 27, Page 7 - Build 1

46 minutes ago, ryuplaneswalker said:

This is true, though I have worries about the 5th Colum being a friendly contact for villains...because we know for a fact that Requiem/The Dirge of Entropy wants to turn Earth into a Nictus Hatchery World. The Player character should have a really really good reason for helping them at all even if you are evil.

i would do it for $5 and the next Portal out of here when the time comes.  I am a short sited villain.

• Haha 4

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

On 1/19/2024 at 12:07 PM, The Curator said:

Blasters

Atomic Manipulation:

• No longer accepts to-hit debuff/accurate to-hit debuff enhancements and sets.

Beta Decay on Blasters provides a to-hit debuff, its one half of the power's usefulness. Is this an oversight or is it intended that we can no longer buff this effect?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Mezicus said:

RIP Defender damage.  We will remember you fondly.  Soul Drain was the only way you could ever squeeze any decent damage out of them.  Instead of balancing to help them fill in the biggest gap in the AT, we made them worse.  Real heartbreaker there  😢

Nonsense, the best Defender DPS never even included Soul Drain

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Up 2

• City Council
11 minutes ago, Kranik said:

Beta Decay on Blasters provides a to-hit debuff, its one half of the power's usefulness. Is this an oversight or is it intended that we can no longer buff this effect?

That looks like a broken patch note. I would need to look into it when I get the time, but I think itnhad to do with Proton's Cell. It was described as -ToHit, but it actually does -Defense. So I think that note should read, it now takes -def/accurate -def, and no longer takes -tohit/accurate -tohit.

When I'm home later at a computer I'll confirm amd correct.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1

28 minutes ago, KC4800 said:

I am assuming with this build that Tequila is no longer supported, so I will need to use the HC Launcher?

I'm a procrastinator, what can I say?

Same here. ^.^

Regarding everything else...
25afWls.gif

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 1/19/2024 at 6:07 PM, The Curator said:

Shield Defense

• Fixed Taunt when paired with Shield using beatchest sfx instead of normal taunt sfx.

oh man i hope that means that the female shield tank does not sound like a dying giraffe when they taunt. that taunt SFX has lead me to abandoning several female shield alts. 😕

• Haha 2
  • Microphone 1

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

6 minutes ago, Booper said:

That looks like a broken patch note. I would need to look into it when I get the time, but I think itnhad to do with Proton's Cell. It was described as -ToHit, but it actually does -Defense. So I think that note should read, it now takes -def/accurate -def, and no longer takes -tohit/accurate -tohit.

When I'm home later at a computer I'll confirm amd correct.

I think you're right based on the note on Proton's Cell in the spoiler'd text. Would be good to confirm though. Thanks, Booper!

My god... it's full of stars. 🙂

Sooo many updates.

I'll need to play with the new Telekinesis. 
IMO TK has been broken since the target cap was crippled to 5 in ED but the EXTREME end cost was never adjusted to reflect the changed utility.

The new version is a completely different power, but providing a clumping and immob function, and it sounds like you can push the resulting clump around by moving?  
Need to play with it and see how it works in play. VERY happy that someone is looking at TK though! I appreciate the massive amount of effort that has gone into this update, you all ROCK!

• Like 1

Minor request, but is there any chance you could add the non-colorable "Legacy" version of the Gold Bricker Jetpack with the rusty propeller and gold that matches up with the other Legacy GB parts? Also, would be nice to see the Rikti Gunblade added to Battle Axe and Broadsword.

Everything else looks great! The Rikti Teleport FX and the Rikti Drone pet were two things I wanted super bad, and I'm looking forward to the Arachnos Soldier updates!

16 minutes ago, Ridiculous Girl said:

oh man i hope that means that the female shield tank does not sound like a dying giraffe when they taunt. that taunt SFX has lead me to abandoning several female shield alts. 😕

You don't have to wait for that.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 1/19/2024 at 11:07 AM, The Curator said:

Miscellaneous

Client

• Fixed a client crash in Ultra Mode when the costume window was opened on a character with all 10 costume slots unlocked while standing close enough to a building with window reflections, while a player or NPC with a reflective costume part was close enough and a water surface was rendering water reflections.

This sounds so incredibly specific that it had to have been hell to track down...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

I see the Arachnos Soldier power customizations... checking them out now.

I have a Bane and a Crab.  For now, focusing on my Bane.

The Crab animation theme on Bane (no crab spider legs) is a little odd.  Looks like my character is trying to launch bullets/grenades from his fists.  While odd, though, I actually sort of like it.  I might go with this if it goes to live in this format.

However I'd like to ask for one more thing.  Currently the Wide Area Web Grenade and Venom Grenade can launch from your mace, which is *GREAT*.  However, Heavy Burst and Frag Grenade do not have options for "Bane Grenade Default."  Therefore, these can only be launched from the fists or the rifle.

Could you please extend "Bane Grenade Default" so that it can also apply to Heavy Burst and Frag Grenade?  This would be ideal.

Thank you!

• Thumbs Up 1

Super exited just on the reading.  Moving toons to test now as well as creating.  Ho Boy!  I am tingly.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

27 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

You don't have to wait for that.

i should have specified a female shield/mace tank... so, how? i do not see an alternative in the costume creation options.

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

• Developer
41 minutes ago, garvisdol73 said:

I see the Arachnos Soldier power customizations... checking them out now.

I have a Bane and a Crab.  For now, focusing on my Bane.

The Crab animation theme on Bane (no crab spider legs) is a little odd.  Looks like my character is trying to launch bullets/grenades from his fists.  While odd, though, I actually sort of like it.  I might go with this if it goes to live in this format.

The character customization preview for that feature is not accurate to how it looks ingame; an unfortunate limitation that couldn't be overcome. I highly recommend testing ingame to get an idea for how the feature plays out.

42 minutes ago, garvisdol73 said:

However I'd like to ask for one more thing.  Currently the Wide Area Web Grenade and Venom Grenade can launch from your mace, which is *GREAT*.  However, Heavy Burst and Frag Grenade do not have options for "Bane Grenade Default."  Therefore, these can only be launched from the fists or the rifle.

Could you please extend "Bane Grenade Default" so that it can also apply to Heavy Burst and Frag Grenade?  This would be ideal.

Thank you!

These powers were intentionally omitted from the Bane Mace alt animation by design, as the Bane Mace does not fire bullets or physical ordnance; it's an energy weapon with some support grenades.

On 1/19/2024 at 5:07 PM, The Curator said:

Alternate Animations Feature:

• Several powers from the base Arachnos Soldier kit now have alternate animations available in the power customization menu, to visually utilize the Bane Nullifier Mace, or Crab Spider backpack, IF the player has spec'd into the appropriate tree.

Any chance you could also sneak non-mace versions of Build Up and Placate in there for rifle fans?

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Mezicus said:

RIP Defender damage.  We will remember you fondly.  Soul Drain was the only way you could ever squeeze any decent damage out of them.  Instead of balancing to help them fill in the biggest gap in the AT, we made them worse.  Real heartbreaker there  😢

The alternative during this balancing pass was to change it to have the same recharge as the Soul Mastery version, which several of the closed beta testers pointed out really torpedoed the power. The new power ends up with similar uptime as old Soul Drain on most builds.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

My Crab Spider will appreciate the customization and animation changes/improvements very much!

Time Bomb was an auto skip even back on Live, it was thematic but highly impractical for its function and potency, I can see the new replacement being used with T9 in an one-two punch fashion, which will definitely alleviate one of the criticisms that /device is light on damage compared to other sets.  For the Controller/Defender/Corruptor, Temporal Bomb looks very appealing since it brings recharge/recovery buffs that /traps don't currently have, but in a fast run where the team mows through groups, it might not shine until the AV or large pulls? 

Will have to test, loved my ar/dev on Live, will be interesting to tinker with builds to fit Remote Bomb in.

Incidentally, that guy who made the post a few day ago accusing the devs for being lazy reallllllly turned out to be top tier r/agedlikemilk material.

• Thumbs Up 1

• City Council
2 hours ago, Wylde Fyre said:

So, not sure my support petition went through, got a "Unknown command:  petition_internal while trying to do it.  But the new transport zone in the RWZ base seems to have an error.  Going right to the portal labeled portal gives "You cannot enter" error.

Going left to Firebase Zulu gives a menu of P.I. or FBZ to chose from.

Hey there! We don't have the petition system connected to beta. Best to report that in the RWZ Revamp focus feedback.