[OPEN BETA] Patch Notes for January 19th, 2024 - Issue 27, Page 7 - Build 1

Looking forward to checking out my SoA when live. I am and not looking forward to GM changes; e.g., Adam Merit farming is over, and looks like Lusca is about to start.

Some future GM suggestions:

• PvP GM drops; for example, once every one to three hours, Adamastor or the Obliterator spawn by one of the meteor sites in Bloody Bay, or Paladin and/or Babbage in Siren's Call.
  • Team (not league) GM badges based on role diversity; for example, Team Cap au Diable: You and a diverse group of Roguish Villains took down Deathsurge.

I'm convinced I am never gonna get to play this game again because they refuse to make mastermind minions stronger and want the mm himself stronger. The mastermind is about his minions, not himself.

The ninjas are still too squishy, the wolves are god awful at aoe, still have the same lame minions forever while other archetypes get new powers constantly.

Only a few mm secondaries are good and you have to pick like 3 of the dozen or so to get the best buffs/debuffs which makes most of the secondaries useless.

Not sure who wanted arsenal control/assault, could have thought of dozens of better powers in a few seconds.

I love the mastermind. We need new minion powersets already and to make the ones we have actual minion powersets. The minions should be powerful, not the secondary or mastermind themselves.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Impressive list of changes.  Looks mostly good.   While you're looking at VEATS, my personal pet peeve is Mind Link's cast time is enormous... almost 4 seconds.  And it's not really a "cast before jumping in" power because this game just doesn't play that way.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

7 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

Mind Link's cast time is enormous... almost 4 seconds.  And it's not really a "cast before jumping in" power because this game just doesn't play that way.

On 1/19/2024 at 12:07 PM, The Curator said:

Mind Link's cast time reduced to 2.97s.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

12 hours ago, Kinvesu said:

I love the mastermind. We need new minion powersets already and to make the ones we have actual minion powersets. The minions should be powerful, not the secondary or mastermind themselves.

A bit off topic in this forum, but they've been doing pretty good revising the sets. I do also still have concerns myself though. I'm curious what you had in mind, you should post your ideas to the Suggestions Forum if you haven't already.

• Like 1

"Buttstroke."

Edited by AspieAnarchy
  • Like 1

...If you're not willing to risk your life or what you hold dear to accomplish your goal, then maybe you should re-think what you really want. Power, control, security; all of those are just fancy ways of saying that you're afraid, and you want to not be afraid anymore. People will do a lot to avoid fear, even become the monsters they're afraid of. - Crimson

The game lags because you touch yourself at night - @Zem

On 1/20/2024 at 2:49 PM, WindDemon21 said:

No. One of the best parts of this game is being able to come on and relax with some heroic fighting. There are already tougher enemies in the game. Please keep these at least as a standard to just enjoy the game if you want to pop on for some easier killing. Not everything has to be super difficult.

There are literally difficulty settings for this exact reason

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/19/2024 at 9:07 AM, The Curator said:

Dual Pistols

• Praetorian Resistance Blaster

Be still my beating heart. I have been asking for this since I first saw this weapon model back in the Going Rogue Beta.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 4:31 AM, Kinvesu said:

I'm convinced I am never gonna get to play this game again because they refuse to make mastermind minions stronger and want the mm himself stronger. The mastermind is about his minions, not himself.

The ninjas are still too squishy, the wolves are god awful at aoe, still have the same lame minions forever while other archetypes get new powers constantly.

Only a few mm secondaries are good and you have to pick like 3 of the dozen or so to get the best buffs/debuffs which makes most of the secondaries useless.

Not sure who wanted arsenal control/assault, could have thought of dozens of better powers in a few seconds.

Clowns powerset is coming in the Spring update, which should be released 4/1/2024.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 2

"Clowns powerset is coming in the Spring update, which should be released 4/1/2024."

Is that confirmed?

I have my rogue Mastermind, Carnival Clown Posse, that has Thugs as minions right now. If they are indeed coming out with a Clowns powerset I will stop leveling him to change him over to Clowns in April!

Thank you!

25 minutes ago, swashbucklersdc said:

"Clowns powerset is coming in the Spring update, which should be released 4/1/2024."

Is that confirmed?

I have my rogue Mastermind, Carnival Clown Posse, that has Thugs as minions right now. If they are indeed coming out with a Clowns powerset I will stop leveling him to change him over to Clowns in April!

Thank you!

no

• Haha 3

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 1/23/2024 at 12:33 PM, A Cat said:

Holy fuck, this changes everything. Switched to smoke bomb for TP and combat TP on my sort of ninja themed character. I wasn't prepared for how awesome this is. 

There is a lot of "BAMF!" in this update.

• Booper unpinned this topic
4 hours ago, swashbucklersdc said:

Is that confirmed?

Thank you!

4/1/2024...  you got April fooled 3 months early.

On 1/27/2024 at 11:04 AM, Player2 said:

Clowns powerset is coming in the Spring update, which should be released 4/1/2024.

You jest, but...*coughs politely*....

• Thumbs Down 1

...If you're not willing to risk your life or what you hold dear to accomplish your goal, then maybe you should re-think what you really want. Power, control, security; all of those are just fancy ways of saying that you're afraid, and you want to not be afraid anymore. People will do a lot to avoid fear, even become the monsters they're afraid of. - Crimson

The game lags because you touch yourself at night - @Zem

Suggestion: Quills should get a buff for people who like inactive builds. Even with a 100% increase it would still be less than active builds can dish out. Maybe this can get some sort of a buff? or maybe a new AT that focuses on this completely?

• Haha 1

Any word on last night's revisions? Seemed large to me on my Verizon Wireless Dial-up Emulator.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

2 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Any word on last night's revisions? Seemed large to me on my Verizon Wireless Dial-up Emulator.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 1/26/2024 at 9:31 AM, Kinvesu said:

Not a dev.  However, I am a tester....

There will be more changes to Masterminds in the future.  At least one major one requires other major changes at least at the same time.

Page 7 is huge and there's a lot of focus on getting through the Open Beta dealing with making what's in it as right as possible for release.

More updates of a more reasonable size will be coming this year.  I'm sure changes to Masterminds will be in them.  Changes to some MM Secondaries will come from changes to the similar Powersets for other ATs, like the changes to MM /Traps Detonator in Page 7.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/27/2024 at 6:04 PM, Player2 said:

If only!

I keep asking for it.  I have my own ideas for it too!

<Dust and creaking noises from delving into the archives....>  Here!

2022 Oct 06 Tue

@Captain Powerhouse  Clowns would be a cool customization option for Bots.

And my proposal for Clown Summoning in reply.

Not just a Bots customisation.  (Though Clowns showing up in a box that unfolds is interesting.)

As it was foretold in the Ancient Tomes:
https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/April_Fools%27_Day#2012
Clown Summoning as a new MM Primary.  Just imagine.

T1: Throw Pie
T2: Call Clowns (Happy, Sad, Angry)
T3: Throw Wrench
T4: More Comedy (Equip)
T5: Encourage Clowns (shoot 1 random Clown, locks out summons for 30s, remaining Clowns +50% Damage 30s buff)
T6: Call Mimes (idle animation have them mimic each other)
T7: More Drama (a little car rolls up and out pour 10 or so Clowns, similar to Thugs Gang War)
T8: Call Killer Clown
T9: More Tragedy (Equip)

• Haha 1
  • Moose 1

• Jimmy locked this topic
  • Jimmy changed the title to [Open Beta] Patch Notes for January 19th, 2024 - Issue 27, Page 7 - Build 1
  • Cobalt Arachne changed the title to [OPEN BETA] Patch Notes for January 19th, 2024 - Issue 27, Page 7 - Build 1
  • Jimmy unfeatured this topic